• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Officials Seizing Russian Yachts Now May Steal Americans' Property in the Future

Already shown, the US has put sanctions on Russia and Russian oligarch's use their power and money to continue to finance Russia through back door means. Therefore the US, to enforce sanctions, will seize that loophole.

Thanks for exposing your anti-democratic political beliefs.

By other than legal means? Never.

What is the US doing that is ILLEGAL? Sanctions are legal methods used to punish countries that go against international law. The US is enforcing sanctions.

What is the US doing that is ILLEGAL? Sanctions are legal methods used to punish countries that go against international law. The US is enforcing sanctions.

I won't be reading the article to you.

Thanks for exposing that you support Russia.

The left always resort to lying and manufacturing fake news about people when confronted with their anti-democratic political positions.

They can seize anything they want, including your trailer, 1995 Civic, and your stash of Archie comics.
Until you enter the system. Then they must follow due process. Some civil forfeiture is unconstitutional, some isn't.

The left always resort to lying and manufacturing fake news about people when confronted with their anti-democratic political positions.

Projection at it's finest, you're dismissed commie lover.

At what point are you willing to toss out ethics, law, and integrity to respond to any given action by another person?

Should police and prosecutors act illegally when a crime is severe, or are they held to a standard regardless?
There is one country violating the laws of war, and it's not the ones seizing yachts.

If you just keep your eyes and ears open you can tell who's on the side of Russia (as they slaughter families).

Until you enter the system. Then they must follow due process. Some civil forfeiture is unconstitutional, some isn't.

It's being abused regularly at local, state, and federal levels. In the case of the Russian yacht owners, it's being used to pressure and punish Putin by squeezing his alleged influencers. The question is: what crimes are they being accused of that afforded them the luxury of such a commodity, and can the US show evidence aligned with international law?

If you just keep your eyes and ears open you can tell who's on the side of Russia (as they slaughter families).

If anyone can read, they'll see someone manufacturing lies about someone.

My cry is for democracy and a rule of law.

Thanks for exposing your political beliefs.

What are your thoughts about democracy and the rule of law in Putin’s Russia?

What are your thoughts about democracy and the rule of law in Putin’s Russia?

My thoughts are that it doesn't justify the US acting outside of our body of laws and ethics.

I'm also against no-knock warrants, warrantless searches and seizures, and other totalitarian behaviors.

View attachment 67384716

For anyone interested the above link is provided.

I provides the fact that a Judge signed off on the seizure, the justification for the seizure, and sites the underlying law upon which the seizure was based.

WW

Federal agents and judges also abused FISA laws. Decisions by judges are struck down routinely.

Appellate courts are found in the wrong sometimes. Judges have been bribed throughout history.

The SC have ruled in the past that some lower court decisions are unconstitutional. Shall I go on?

My thoughts are that it doesn't justify the US acting outside of our body of laws and ethics.

I'm also against no-knock warrants, warrantless searches and seizures, and other totalitarian behaviors.

I'm quite sure you can link to multiple posts by you saying that asset forfeiture is bad.

Now let's take a look at what all started this. Where is your outrage of Putin seizing Ukraine and killing their citizens without any due process?

He only seems to care about property. Human lives are not a priority.

I didn't read the #1 article nor the ACLU article, but I'm going to agree with @Schism on the face of this one. Schism may or may not have adopted the wrong angle, though.

He only seems to care about property. Human lives are not a priority.

I see you're manufacturing and fabricating thoughts and attributing them to me.

Why some on the left lie about people I'll never know. I can only assume it's because they're dishonest.

Back
Top Bottom