• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Official: Reports of Sex Assault in Navy Increase [W:68]

Re: Official: Reports of Sex Assault in Navy Increase

Prohibitively expensive maybe?

Can't be. The repercussions of allowing it are far more expensive.

Can't be. The repercussions of allowing it are far more expensive.

Has it been so far?

Has it been so far?

Yes, obviously. Soldiers are lost and perform their duty with less enthusiasm, divides are created in the unit, respect for military law wanes, women are less likely to volunteer, higher ups are prosecuted for failure to oversee their units...

Financially, it's definitely less expensive to prosecute.

Yes, obviously. Soldiers are lost and perform their duty with less enthusiasm, divides are created in the unit, respect for military law wanes, women are less likely to volunteer, higher ups are prosecuted for failure to oversee their units...

Financially, it's definitely less expensive to prosecute.

Then why aren't there more prosecutions? Why do some intend on covering it up?

Then why aren't there more prosecutions? Why do some intend on covering it up?

I don't think any intend to cover it up (except for a few psychos, that are found in every large group of people). Some people get away with it, just like in the civilian world, and some are prosecuted. As noted in the OP article, the Navy is promoting the reporting of such incidents actively (the army has mandatory classes about such things, to encourage awareness and reporting).

I don't think any intend to cover it up (except for a few psychos, that are found in every large group of people). Some people get away with it, just like in the civilian world, and some are prosecuted. As noted in the OP article, the Navy is promoting the reporting of such incidents actively (the army has mandatory classes about such things, to encourage awareness and reporting).

Yeah, I think if we want to have a real discussion about rape in the military we should do it in its own thread.

Yeah, I think if we want to have a real discussion about rape in the military we should do it in its own thread.

Because this thread is not about that?

Why is the military indifferent to rape?

"Sexual Assault" is a very wide range of accusations. Did they release what their definition of "sexual assault" is?

"Sexual Assault" is a very wide range of accusations. Did they release what their definition of "sexual assault" is?

I presume "assault" means "battery" (physical aggression) and not a threat as it does in states that use the term battery.

I presume "assault" means "battery" (physical aggression) and not a threat as it does in states that use the term battery.

Article 120, "rape and sexual assault", has about half a dozen definitions, as well as Article 125, "sodomy". The SAPR military site references both Articles 120 and 125 when they refer to "sexual assault" prevention.

According to the definitions under Article 120, rape and sexual assault are two different things. So if they are reporting "sexual assault" as a general term, then it covers everything from rape down to inappropriate touching(slap on the ass).

I blame no one.........There are enough problems on a Navy Combatant without adding women to the equation and its not just the males...Liberals want to ake the Navy a social experiment with women or gays and it just won't work

You would think with all the gays in the military now there would be huge increases on gay sexual assaults as well if NP were correct. OOPS....guess you got that one wrong at well Navy.

You would think with all the gays in the military now there would be huge increases on gay sexual assaults as well if NP were correct. OOPS....guess you got that one wrong at well Navy.

Well, the Pentagon did release that 60% of sexual assault victims were male in 2012. Given that only 14% of the military is women, its probably a fair shake that most of the assailants were male.

Article 120, "rape and sexual assault", has about half a dozen definitions, as well as Article 125, "sodomy". The SAPR military site references both Articles 120 and 125 when they refer to "sexual assault" prevention.

According to the definitions under Article 120, rape and sexual assault are two different things. So if they are reporting "sexual assault" as a general term, then it covers everything from rape down to inappropriate touching(slap on the ass).

Whether an ass slap or a boob grab, it's way out of line.

All this increase has happened because people feel more confortable reporting it. I don't think men are likely to report a sexual assault if it happened to them. So I don't think you can really say it isn't happening, just that we know it isn't increasingly being reported. And no, I'm definitely not against gays in the military, just taking a look at the possible reasons why there is no increase in men reporting sexual assaults. The other possible reason is, it just isn't happening as well.

I'm pretty sure he has a thread about ~'sexual assault claims by males are up' (due to increased reporting, but don't tell him).

Guys, lay off Navy Pride. Especially those of you that have never served. You simply don't know the environment we work in. It's not like working in an office with females. It's very different from that. I don't think Navy Pride is blaming the victims. I think what he's saying, and I agree, is that the females should have never been put in a spot where they could be assaulted. Sure, it would still happen sometimes. But, if you notice, the more we integrate sexes, the more males and females work together, the more assaults occur. It's the nature of the beast. Just because it's the military doesn't mean we are impervious to things like this. We have bad apples just like the civilian world does.

Moderator's Warning:
I agree. Attack the post and not the poster. If it continues infractions will occur.

Would it make you feel any better if the people that committed those acts did them outside the Navy?

They do but the environment is completely different.

What Navy Pride is saying is that he enjoys not being around women for extended periods of time. ***** makes him uncomfortable.

In todays PC Navy, using the word "*****" is considered to be a sexual assault and you will find yourself standing before a special court martial.

That's how insane the liberals social engineering has gone in todays PC military.

I'm pretty sure he has a thread about ~'sexual assault claims by males are up' (due to increased reporting, but don't tell him).

According to the Army's "Blue Book" after repealing DADT same sex homosexual rapes have significantly increased in the Army.

Liberals rarely ever get any thing right and when it comes to social engineering they never take the time to look at what the consequences will be.

Going back to the liberal social engineering during the Vietnam war with McNamara's "Moron Brigade" to todays Obama agenda of changing the face of the U.S. military by using liberal social engineering, soldiers, Marines, sailors and airmen end up unnecessary bleeding and dieing in the name of political correctness.

They do but the environment is completely different.
I betcha that the victims are thankful for a completely different environment. :roll:

I betcha that the victims are thankful for a completely different environment. :roll:
Whether you like it or not my left wing friend its a fact...In either case unwanted sexual advances are wrong....The difference is my left wing friend that in the Navy ships spend a long time at sea. In the civilian community that is not the case...In the civilian community you can go home at 1600. At sea aboard a ship its 24/7. That is what I meant by the environment which you seem not to get.

Whether you like it or not my left wing friend its a fact...In either case unwanted sexual advances are wrong....The difference is my left wing friend that in the Navy ships spend a long time at sea. In the civilian community that is not the case...In the civilian community you can go home at 1600. At sea aboard a ship its 24/7. That is what I meant by the environment which you seem not to get.
Navy Pride: how was this dilemma taken care of before women were on ships? I think you know. A sailor had a picture from a magazine and he proceeded in cleaning his cannon. So be it then, why not now? :confused:

Navy Pride: how was this dilemma taken care of before women were on ships? I think you know. A sailor had a picture from a magazine and he proceeded in cleaning his cannon. So be it then, why not now? :confused:
The Navy had plenty of problems before women were added to the equation aboard combatants. All the "Feel Good Liberals" did is add a another huge problem with women. Liberals want to make the military a social experiment be it with gays or women and it just does not work. The Navy is there to protect this country and nothing more. That seems to be what Libs like you forget.

Back
Top Bottom