• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Official: Gulf spill could be contained by Monday

liblady

pirate lover
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
If this pans out I only have one thing to say. 'BOUT DAMN TIME GUYS!

Huzzah!
Crossing my fingers that this all goes according to plan. Hopefully we can finally put this whole mess behind us.

Huzzah!
Crossing my fingers that this all goes according to plan. Hopefully we can finally put this whole mess behind us.

i'm afraid that might be awhile......but we can start at least.

Possible good news about the oil spill. That is a nice change.

Are we sure that Obama won't block this latest effort in some way? I mean, there has to be tons of impact studies done first right?

j-mac

you must be hoping for failure.

Are we sure that Obama won't block this latest effort in some way? I mean, there has to be tons of impact studies done first right?

j-mac
Last I heard he wouldn't have the time, the relief well is ahead of schedule by if memory serves correctly a very large margin. This thing is done if it works and last night they were about 200ft off the wellhead. I didn't realize this was the major fix though, I thought it was only phase 1.

you must be hoping for failure.

Now why would I do that? I am only highlighting that it may not be quite the right time to let an end come to this thing yet. Not enough damage, or a big enough crisis to make good use of in destroying American energy.

I mean to say, he couldn't have planned it better to destroy the coastline, demonize oil, and make an entire region dependent on the government.

Whether it is incompetence, or willing destruction, or a combination of both, he has failed in a big way already. Now all we are left with is the double talk, and the lies.

j-mac

Last I heard he wouldn't have the time, the relief well is ahead of schedule by if memory serves correctly a very large margin. This thing is done if it works and last night they were about 200ft off the wellhead. I didn't realize this was the major fix though, I thought it was only phase 1.

I wouldn't put it past him to order the CG to halt the drilling of that until he gives the word.

j-mac

I wouldn't put it past him to order the CG to halt the drilling of that until he gives the word.

j-mac

j-mac

well, good thing nobody is relying on your powers of perception.

Now why would I do that? I am only highlighting that it may not be quite the right time to let an end come to this thing yet. Not enough damage, or a big enough crisis to make good use of in destroying American energy.

I mean to say, he couldn't have planned it better to destroy the coastline, demonize oil, and make an entire region dependent on the government.

Whether it is incompetence, or willing destruction, or a combination of both, he has failed in a big way already. Now all we are left with is the double talk, and the lies.

j-mac

Obama has loved every minute of this. Tailor made for his agenda, just like the unemployment figures.

He's hell-bent on destroying the country in its current state, and building it back as a nation of dependent citizens looking to the government for everything.

Right out of Saul Alinsky's handbook.

Last edited:

Nothing is stranger than the truth of what he has already done. In terms of damage, he makes GWB look like a guardian angel of La.

j-mac

j-mac

He and his admin are trying to figure out right now how to take credit for this.

Nothing is stranger than the truth of what he has already done. In terms of damage, he makes GWB look like a guardian angel of La.

j-mac

Obama has loved every minute of this. Tailor made for his agenda, just like the unemployment figures.

He's hell-bent on destroying the country in its current state, and building it back as a nation of of dependent citizen looking to the government for everything.

Right out of Saul Alinsky's handbook.

interesting how you people hear some potentially great news and turn into an obama hate fest. you must be quite unhappy.

interesting how you people hear some potentially great news and turn into an obama hate fest. you must be quite unhappy.

No, actually, and you can ask anyone who has known me on the boards for the past years, I don't care if homosexuals get married or not. I don't have to marry them, and they don't pose any threat to my own marriage. So I say make the divorce attorneys happy and increase their profit pool.

I also think it is a shame what some families of gay's do when one party of a committed couple is near death, or dies and the family that all but disowned them suddenly swoops in and takes everything.

So I'd be careful in what you generalize here. I am simply pointing out what a liar Obama is, and it seems not to matter to whom.

j-mac

It would be great news, and it would be BP who provided it. The same BP who have tons of money to Obama's campaign and received an award from Obama for "safety". The same BP who was responsible for the spill in the first place.

Now watch Obama and the media spin this their way. Just watch.

Even if the drills can reach the casing and pump in mud, that doesn't mean that it will clog the flow. It didn't work when they pumped mud into the BOP two months ago, remember?

The fact that they had to reduce the gas pressure from the 8 inch casing to the 21 inch riser, ten times less, means that the well pressure is unusually high, especially since the cap failed to slow the flow down.

The whole thing is a farce you know. They can pull the old BOP anytime they want and replace it with another.

ricksfolly

ricksfolly

Even if the drills can reach the casing and pump in mud, that doesn't mean that it will clog the flow. It didn't work when they pumped mud into the BOP two months ago, remember?

First, what makes you think that they won't be able to reach the casing and pump in mud? It is only a matter of time, and there is no "if" involved. Second, when they attempted top kill, they were trying to pump the mud "upstream". With bottom kill, it is entirely different.

The fact that they had to reduce the gas pressure from the 8 inch casing to the 21 inch riser, ten times less, means that the well pressure is unusually high, especially since the cap failed to slow the flow down.

Uhhh... what?

The whole thing is a farce you know. They can pull the old BOP anytime they want and replace it with another.

lol. This has never been an option. Not now, not early on, not ever. I suggest reading up on the technical aspects of the blowout or talking to someone in the oilpatch. Had you already done so, you would know that the casing is damaged downhole, and plugging from the top only forces the leak to find a new path. That is why they can't just plop a new BOP on there, and it is why top kill failed.

some good news? i hope so.

Not just good news, this is GREAT news. The gov was back and forth all week on whether or not they were even going to allow the swap. Why, I can not figure out.

I have seen pics of some of the new proposed containment caps and they are all MUCH better than what is on there now. With a hard seal to the BOP, the column of mud they will be able to achieve during bottom kill is going to be a few thousand feet taller, allowing them to use a lower mud weight. If it wasn't already before, bottom kill is definitely a lock now.

j-mac

:spin::spin::spin:

With a little bit of crazy splashed in there.

:spin::spin::spin:

With a little bit of crazy splashed in there.

Oh so now I am crazy eh? Good one.....When I have some more time I will actually take you into the way back machine and show you what your own side said of GWB during Katrina, and then we can compare crazy.....K?

As for the 'spin' suppose you tell us why it has been 80 days plus now, and such a lack luster response from Obama? Other than talk that is?

j-mac

Back
Top Bottom