• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

[W:23]OFFICIAL First Presidential Debate Thread

Patriotic Voter

Smarter than trolls
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
To all American members of Debate Politics who will likely vote for either Republican incumbent President Donald Trump or Democratic challenger former Vice President Joe Biden by the end of Tuesday, November 3:: This is your first opportunity to watch both candidates in a live debate. It will be moderated by Fox News anchor Chris Wallace, a registered Democrat who previously was the moderator for Trump's last debate with former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in 2016. Here is the viewer guide information:

Time: 9:00 - 10:30 ET
Place: Case Western University and Cleveland Clinic
How to watch: ABC, NBC, FOX, CNN, and Internet

Note: Please keep this thread on topic. Only talk about what the three people involved and TV commentators say and do tonight. You can always start a new thread for discussions about anything else.

For all the fact checkers out there, I highly recommend the Associated Press and FactCheck.com because they are nonprofit and nonpartisan news sources that try very hard to avoid bias.

This debate is must-see TV because Wallace will ask questions everyone needs to hear the answers to no matter who they support. Get ready soon if you want to watch it.

One thing they need to do in all of these: the candidate whose turn it is not has their ****ing mic turned off.

If they persist in shouting, a cylindrical sound-proof booth comes down around them. Can't hear what the other candidate is saying? Tough shit, don't talk over them next time.

I think VP Biden should call djt donnie all night. If djt stalks the stage, "Sit down donnie!" djt is a child. If he can't bluster, he's got nothing. Looking forward to his 90 seconds ending before he's had a chance to say anything.

This debate is incredible.

Trump is just running rings around Biden. Biden clearly has advanced dementia and doesnt even know where he is.

Trump is just rattling off facts and policy details that are blowing not only Biden away, but Chris Wallace too.

(just thought I'd get that out of the way since I think you'll see a similar post from one of the usual suspects tonight)

Can I chime in if I have already voted?

Actually, what I want to see is Biden come out with $750 in cash, walk over to trump's lectern and say "This years taxes are on me, buddy".

Talk about an ROI!

Can I chime in if I have already voted?

Of course you can! I voted today and am proudly wearing the sticker that came with my ballot - exactly five weeks before Election Day.

Will you be watching the debate tonight?

Of course you can! I voted today and am proudly wearing the sticker that came with my ballot - exactly five weeks before Election Day.

Will you be watching the debate tonight?

Like I would watch an unfolding highway crisis......

Donald Trump's hair is irrelevant to this debate. They will be asked about their records≤ which obviously have nothing to b do with the cost of a haircut. So you can all forget about it and move several inches down to their tongues.

Did anyone click on the second link to see what the six topics will be?

Of course they are the most current issues - each candidate's records, the Supreme Court, COVID-19, racial violence in cities, and the economy - apparently in that order.

1091b5be54d6c4815a62c4f4fb01493d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will listen to the debate on the radio, I've found that I'm able to pay more attention to what they are actually saying when I don't have the visual distraction.

Fingers crossed that somehow the Biden that shows up tonight is the same one that ripped right through Paul Ryan.

I wonder how many of the Trump stans on here tonight insisted Joe wouldn’t show up.

Hmmm.

To those that actually believe and post here and there like a screamin cyber banshee that Trump paid $750 in taxes, and its all that simple, using shady tax practices. etc...you deserve to believe its that simpls. Because you are that simple. Ignoring the differences between personal income, corporate profits, liquid income vs assets locked up in investments, etc etc etc...is just not being honest. With themselves...or others....or are of limited intelligence to understand the realities of the situation. Im not a tax professional and I dont claim to understand all the details involved here. But just as with nearly all the negative attacks on Trump over this or that, the reality of the situation is much different than the propaganda reported by the media and the left. And if the original sources, context, etc were searched out, that fact would be clear as day.

To those that actually believe and post here and there like a screamin cyber banshee that Trump paid $750 in taxes, and its all that simple, using shady tax practices. etc...you deserve to believe its that simpls. Because you are that simple. Ignoring the differences between personal income, corporate profits, liquid income vs assets locked up in investments, etc etc etc...is just not being honest. With themselves...or others....or are of limited intelligence to understand the realities of the situation. Im not a tax professional and I dont claim to understand all the details involved here. But just as with nearly all the negative attacks on Trump over this or that, the reality of the situation is much different than the propaganda reported by the media and the left. And if the original sources, context, etc were searched out, that fact would be clear as day.
He is free to release his details

Moderator's Warning:
This thread is now sticked until tomorrow. Let's keep the discussion of the debate here. Note: Any trolling, any baiting, and any flaming of other posters will result in a thread ban and potentially more. I plan to be active in this thread, and I suspect other mods might as well, so we should see it. Let's have a good, clean discussion. Now touch gloves and come out swinging.

Complete waste of time (more than in any other previous debate) because we have reached a point where there is no agreement about even the most basic facts. Only real-time fact-checking could make such debate somewhat useful but thi would require bold moderators and a different debate structure to permit such fact-checking.

Back
Top Bottom