• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Officer blocked us from ER during bride's stroke

The Giant Noodle

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
ANOTHER case where we have a VERY VERY dumb & abusive cop that has no right having his job. BOY this one makes me PISSED!!!!!!!!!!! :soap

By Callie Starnes & WRCB Staff
CHATTANOOGA (WRCB) – A patient, believed to be having a stroke, says an officer with the Chattanooga Police Department blocked her husband from taking her to the emergency room at Erlanger Wednesday night.
Aline Wright is a cancer survivor, amputee and a newlywed. Wednesday night she began to show signs she was having a stroke.
"I started feeling some left arm numbness and a facial droop," said Aline.
"It appeared to me that I was probably having a stroke."
That's when her husband of four days, Jesse Wright, put her in the car and rushed her to the Erlanger Medical Center. Wright knows an emergency. He is a nurse technician at Erlanger.
On the way to the hospital, Aline says Jesse treated two red lights like stop signs. He would stop and then proceed if no traffic was coming. After Jesse ran the second stop light one block from Erlanger, the officer turned on the cruiser's blue lights and followed the couple into the emergency room parking lot.

VIDEO & CONTINUED: Newlywed couple: Officer blocked us from ER during bride's stroke - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports

What an idiotic cop. Why would anyone in there right mind try to block someone from the hospital after they were rushing there? He could have killed the poor girl. This guy doesn't deserve to be on the force, just another power hungry asshole.

And people wonder why nobody likes cops. An incident like this one doesn't help their image any better in the public's view.

I'll share something personal.

My daughter was in a car accident nearly a month ago. She is 21 years old. We took her to a hospital. Before she was treated for chest pain because the airbag did not deploy a cop came in and started asking her questions. He told me to leave the room. I told the prick I wasn't going anywhere and threatened me with arrest ... for not complying with his orders. He took me out of the ER room and into the hallway to 'cuff me. I raised holy hell as I tend to do - lol.

It all worked out but the damn police union where we live is out of control ... they are not controlled and they know it.

I do believe police get a bum rap and often they are making snap decisions with extreme adrenaline flowing through their bodies. But I'll say this (especially after reading someone.com's post), if anyone blocked my entrance to the ER if my son were the patient, I'd be facing an assault charge.

NOW where's the president saying "this cop acted stupidly" - because in this case he would be RIGHT.

::hands Aunt Spiker a cookie:: :thumbs:

Is it one of those weight-loss cookies? I need those :D

From what I've read in the other thread, there's nothing wrong with your muscle tone. :pimpdaddy:

except, they are trained to deal with situations where their adrenaline is flowing. i don't care for police, stemming from a very bad personal experience. personally, i don't think enough psychological testing is done before these people are allowed to become police officers.

except, they are trained to deal with situations where their adrenaline is flowing. i don't care for police, stemming from a very bad personal experience. personally, i don't think enough psychological testing is done before these people are allowed to become police officers.

I MORE than agree with that.

There should be emergency awareness training, as well - none of this **** walking.

I MORE than agree with that.

There should be emergency awareness training, as well - none of this **** walking.
Please explain this "**** walking"...It sounds really, really painful.

ANOTHER case where we have a VERY VERY dumb & abusive cop that has no right having his job. BOY this one makes me PISSED!!!!!!!!!!! :soap

By Callie Starnes & WRCB Staff
CHATTANOOGA (WRCB) – A patient, believed to be having a stroke, says an officer with the Chattanooga Police Department blocked her husband from taking her to the emergency room at Erlanger Wednesday night.
Aline Wright is a cancer survivor, amputee and a newlywed. Wednesday night she began to show signs she was having a stroke.
"I started feeling some left arm numbness and a facial droop," said Aline.
"It appeared to me that I was probably having a stroke."
That's when her husband of four days, Jesse Wright, put her in the car and rushed her to the Erlanger Medical Center. Wright knows an emergency. He is a nurse technician at Erlanger.
On the way to the hospital, Aline says Jesse treated two red lights like stop signs. He would stop and then proceed if no traffic was coming. After Jesse ran the second stop light one block from Erlanger, the officer turned on the cruiser's blue lights and followed the couple into the emergency room parking lot.

VIDEO & CONTINUED: Newlywed couple: Officer blocked us from ER during bride's stroke - WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather & Sports
I think they need to start requiring an IQ test in order to be a cop. Not all cops are morons, but I don't think intelligence is one of the major qualifiers for being a cop. All you have to do to meet the basic requirements is be able to follow rules - common sense isn't a factor, since the law isn't interested in common sense anyway.

Though to be fair, I think this is true about most jobs related to legal stuff and law enforcement - you can have the common sense of a bar of soap, but as long as you go by the book, you'll still be able to get your job done.

NOW where's the president saying "this cop acted stupidly" - because in this case he would be RIGHT.
If you mean the Officer Crowly incident, then I disagree. The cop acted stupidly there too. Calling a cop names shouldn't be grounds for arrest. It's just a waste of police time and taxpayer dollars. As far as "disturbing the peace", pffh - yelling at someone on your on porch? Get real.

The officer who did that was a ****ing moron.

Anyone who acts as if this moron is a trend of anything in the police world is equally a moron.

There are complete idiots in any profession. But in Policing, idiots get front page news.

A cop will block you from entering the ER but, try to block a cop from a donut shop. :lol:

A cop will block you from entering the ER but, try to block a cop from a donut shop. :lol:

Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Says the guy who has a fat ass as an avatar. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har. Har har har har har.

Back
Top Bottom