• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Offering heartfelt ulogies for the evil

Smeagol

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Recently there was an horrific crime spree on a nearby college campus. After midnight the criminal decided to burglarize multiple student apartments, holding an entire college party hostage and raping a total of four young ladies at gunpoint all in a single night. The next morning he's located and leads police on a high speed chase where he engaged police officers in a shoot-out where over 100 rounds were exchanged that ended his life.

Being the inquisitive type, I googled the deceased's name to see what background information there might be online as a peek into the life of someone who did so much bad. In doing so I stumbled across his funeral arrangements page and online obituary where loved one's may leave their condolences. To my shock there was page after page of tributes to this "wonderful" guy, from males and females alike. I don't mean to disrespect the dead but can't get my mind around that one and am personally surprised. I honestly expected the tributes section to be blank considering this was a serial rapist who tried to kill police officers.

Does anybody know of other cases where bonafide evil SOBs have been honored like Mother Theresa at their passing?

There were two brothers who had grown rich in business in the county, but both were known for being greedy sharp dealers, dishonest, heartless, and downright hateful.

The older brother died.

The younger brother went to the local preacher and said "You're going to preach my brother's funeral and tell everyone what a great man he was."

The preacher shook his head. "You're asking me to stand up in the pulpit and lie. I won't do it."

The younger brother said "I'll donate a quarter million dollars to the new hospital wing if you get up there and tell everyone my brother was a saint!"

The preacher was tormented, torn between honesty and the good that such a contribution would do.

The next day the funeral was held. The preacher stood up behind the pulpit, gesturing at the body lying in the casket before him.

"You all knew this man. Everyone knew what kind of man he was. He was greedy, hateful, and heartless. He foreclosed on widows and orphans, beat his wife and children, treated his employees like slaves, and even cheated at cards. In short, he was a sorry specimen of a human being, a true villain.... but compared to his brother sitting there in the pew, he was a SAINT!"

:lamo

Back
Top Bottom