• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Offensive PC attack at a U.S. Air Force Base.

APACHERAT

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
This is outrageous and it didn't fly to well with the airmen at the Los Angeles Air Force Base.
Just more of Obama's social engineering of our military.

‘Totally Offensive and Inappropriate’: Military Base Reportedly Hosts Drag Queens During ‘Diversity Day’ Celebration

>"Several drag queens reportedly took the stage at the Los Angeles Air Force Base on Thursday as part of the military base’s 2013 “Diversity Day” celebration.

According to Fox News’ Todd Starnes, three individuals dressed in drag were featured in a musical performance that sparked outrage among some military personnel.

“I am really surprised that this happened on a military installation,” an unidentified airman reportedly told Starnes. “I get that people want to be able to have committed relationships with members of the same sex, but this crossed the line.”

Another said the performance was “totally offensive and inappropriate.”..."<
‘Totally Offensive and Inappropriate’: Military Base Reportedly Hosts Drag Queens During ‘Diversity Day’ Celebration | Video | TheBlaze.com

FYI: President Obama appointed Eric Fanning, who is openly gay as the Secretary of the Air Force.

I get it, no money for air shows but the military has money to celebrate gays, lesbians and transgenders.

I wonder what Fanning's priorities are ? Drag queens openly serving in the Air Force ?

This is outrageous and it didn't fly to well with the airmen at the Los Angeles Air Force Base.

‘Totally Offensive and Inappropriate’: Military Base Reportedly Hosts Drag Queens During ‘Diversity Day’ Celebration

>"Several drag queens reportedly took the stage at the Los Angeles Air Force Base on Thursday as part of the military base’s 2013 “Diversity Day” celebration.

According to Fox News’ Todd Starnes, three individuals dressed in drag were featured in a musical performance that sparked outrage among some military personnel.

“I am really surprised that this happened on a military installation,” an unidentified airman reportedly told Starnes. “I get that people want to be able to have committed relationships with members of the same sex, but this crossed the line.”

‘Totally Offensive and Inappropriate’: Military Base Reportedly Hosts Drag Queens During ‘Diversity Day’ Celebration | Video | TheBlaze.com

FYI: President Obama appointed Eric Fanning, who is openly gay as the Secretary of the Air Force.

I get it, no money for air shows but the military has money to celebrate gays, lesbians and transgenders.

I wonder what Fanning's priorities are ? Drag queens openly serving in the Air Force ?

Oops, your bigotry is showing...You do know what diversity means, don't you? Well celebrate it then....

Oops, your bigotry is showing...You do know what diversity means, don't you? Well celebrate it then....

The U.S. military is about killing people to defend America. It's about uniformity not individualism or diversity. In the U.S. military everyone is of one color, green.

The leftist social engineering of the military is having a negative effect on unit cohesion. As usual, every time liberals/progressives use the military for social engineering experimentation, soldiers, Marines, sailors and airmen bleed and die.

The U.S. military is about killing people to defend America. It's about uniformity not individualism or diversity. In the U.S. military everyone is of one color, green.

The leftist social engineering of the military is having a negative effect on unit cohesion. As usual, every time liberals/progressives use the military for social engineering experimentation, soldiers, Marines, sailors and airmen bleed and die.

Homosexuals are people too. Time to move on to a new enemy for vilification.

If the height of diversity for you means sexual diversity, then congrats on hitting a new low. A diversity of 2, straight and gay. And a rather superficial one at that.

I am afraid people have the right to be outraged by this. I don't consider people should hold celebrations or parades for sexuality. People should hold celebrations and parades for meaningful things. We should hold them for teachers, for firemen, for cops, for the army, for scientific progress, for remembering the past, things that matter. Not for sexuality or race or any other inherent thing.

And having this sort of celebration, that the OP is presenting, is just another example of severe stupidity.

Until the airforce cleans up it's act regarding rape ...I really don't have much sympathy for them on this matter. Normally, I would think drag shows on base is crossing the line...but...meh

It sounds to me like it was entertainment for the troops--a noble and patriotic act by the entertainers....

Until the airforce cleans up it's act regarding rape ...I really don't have much sympathy for them on this matter. Normally, I would think drag shows on base is crossing the line...but...meh

I concur Moot, but the brass was warned decades ago what would happen by opening up so many MOS's and ratings to women. They were right. We are dealing with teenagers and young adults with raging hormones.

A while back I posted a link to Col. David Hackworths "March of the Porcelain Soldier." It's about the dumbing down of the U.S. Army in the name of political correctness. Female recruits giving handjobs to male recruits during church services. Recruits having sex in garbage dumpsters. Not to mention putting safety nets below high obstacles on a confidence obstacle course. How can you gain confidence if you know there's a safety net below you ?
http://www.hackworth.com/article04032002c.html

I concur Moot, but the brass was warned decades ago what would happen by opening up so many MOS's and ratings to women. They were right. We are dealing with teenagers and young adults with raging hormones.

A while back I posted a link to Col. David Hackworths "March of the Porcelain Soldier." It's about the dumbing down of the U.S. Army in the name of political correctness. Female recruits giving handjobs to male recruits during church services. Recruits having sex in garbage dumpsters. Not to mention putting safety nets below high obstacles on a confidence obstacle course. How can you gain confidence if you know there's a safety net below you ?

That's just another form of "blaming the victim."

If soldiers can't be trusted to act with restraint then that begs the question of why they are in an organization that stresses honor and discipline to begin with. Most people would characterize rape as dishonorable and undisciplined.

Give me a break. There have always been teenagers with raging hormones and most of them were raised in civilized society and went to coed schools most of their lives and know the difference between right and wrong. The military of all places is supposed to teach dicipline not how to rape other cadets and soldiers with impunity.

The same way you build confidence using a high wire trapeze, I suppose. The more you do it, the easier it gets.

Hackworth was a pimp and was due to be court martialed but was allowed to retire instead. Hardly a good role model for the modern military wouldn't you say?

Would you be ok with Confederate Heritage Day, on post?

It sounds to me like it was entertainment for the troops--a noble and patriotic act by the entertainers....

Would you feel the same way if the performers were in blackface?

Perhaps a celebration of The Vichy French?

Seems to me like those who are being offended are the ones guilty of political correctness. Too bad someone put on a show you didn't like.

oops, yours is too...you know what differing opinions mean, don't you? Well celebrate them then...

oops, yours is too...you know what differing opinions mean, don't you? Well celebrate them then...

Not possible. Those who most loudly demand celebration of diversity do not allow diversity of opinion.

Seems to me like those who are being offended are the ones guilty of political correctness. Too bad someone put on a show you didn't like.

You would be ok with a white pride event?

If soldiers can't be trusted to act with restraint then that begs the question of why they are in an organization that stresses honor and discipline to begin with. Most people would characterize rape as dishonorable and undisciplined.

Before the military was being used for liberal social engineering, there wasn't much of a problem.

When did this problem start ?

During my active tour of duty I never heard of a Marine being raped or a Marine committing a rape on or off base except on the Rock. And those rapes on the "Rock" are a dirty little secret.

When I was TAD with the Provost Marshal's Office, there was not one Marine being held in confinement for rape at the infamous Camp Pendleton brig.
But back then the only liberal social engineering experimentation the military had to deal with was "McNamara's Moron Brigade" aka Project 100,000.

Since the repeal of DODT, same sex homosexuals rapes have significantly increased according to the Army's "Blue Book." And most rape victims in the military are not women but men. The dirty liberal secret your not suppose to know. Victims of sex assaults in military are mostly men - Washington Times

You have a Cn'C who said that he plans to change the face of the U.S. military so it looks like the face of America. To do this liberal social engineering is being used. But if Obama and the liberal/progressives want our military to look like the face of America's society, the military is going to have the same problems that are found in the civilian world.

>" You know things are bad when the Chief of Staff of the Army, General Raymond Odierno, issues a statement to the troops declaring that "the fight against sexual assault and sexual harassment is our primary mission."[1] And Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel has announced that sequestration cutbacks will affect everyone but sexual assault professionals in the military. [2] Let's hope that our nation's potential adversaries don't take advantage of our military leaders' current distractions.

The Pentagon has been hit by an internal explosive device − the latest report of the Sexual Assault Prevention & Response Office (SAPRO). In two hefty volumes, the 2013 SAPRO report documents the dysfunctional consequences of social experiments with human sexuality in our military . . ."< Read More -> Issues Research & Analysis - Center for Military Readiness

Soldiers can't be and aren't expected to act with restraint. Hence the reason that military discipline is so rigid.

Recently someone brought to my attention on how Obama's sequestration of the military is being implemented by the civilians within the DOD. The cuts are across the board, everything is included. So when the Air Force had to ground 1/3 of it's squadrons, 1/3 of the F-16, F-15 and even the F-22 squadrons were grounded. F-22's but 2/3 of the old F-16C squadrons are still flying ???

But it ends up all of the sequestration cuts aren't across the board. All liberal social engineering experimentations are exempt from sequestration. Military air shows are canceled but celebrating diversity events at every military installations remains. A night live fire combat training exercise is canceled but all of the diversity training courses remain. No funds available to repair a submarine's navigation radar but there are funds to refit the sub to accommodate female sailors.

"....There is little value in opposing the threat of a closed society by imitating its arbitrary restrictions....."

Dude you are really rabid on this subject aren't you? First of all, American military history is full of "drag shows" in the military service, especially during the period when females were restricted to combat service support units. Drag shows are typical in all-male organizations, often used in the military as a comedic outlet at duty stations where women are scarce. Big deal.

Second of all, neither of your sources (both ultra-conservative) claim the drag show actors were active duty service members. Finally, who cares if a couple of homophobes were offended out of a "crowd" of maybe 30 people?

Before the military was being used for liberal social engineering, there wasn't much of a problem.

When did this problem start ?

During my active tour of duty I never heard of a Marine being raped or a Marine committing a rape on or off base except on the Rock. And those rapes on the "Rock" are a dirty little secret.

When I was TAD with the Provost Marshal's Office, there was not one Marine being held in confinement for rape at the infamous Camp Pendleton brig.
But back then the only liberal social engineering experimentation the military had to deal with was "McNamara's Moron Brigade" aka Project 100,000.

Since the repeal of DODT, same sex homosexuals rapes have significantly increased according to the Army's "Blue Book." And most rape victims in the military are not women but men. The dirty liberal secret your not suppose to know. Victims of sex assaults in military are mostly men - Washington Times

You have a Cn'C who said that he plans to change the face of the U.S. military so it looks like the face of America. To do this liberal social engineering is being used. But if Obama and the liberal/progressives want our military to look like the face of America's society, the military is going to have the same problems that are found in the civilian world.

>" You know things are bad when the Chief of Staff of the Army, General Raymond Odierno, issues a statement to the troops declaring that "the fight against sexual assault and sexual harassment is our primary mission."[1] And Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel has announced that sequestration cutbacks will affect everyone but sexual assault professionals in the military. [2] Let's hope that our nation's potential adversaries don't take advantage of our military leaders' current distractions.

Are you crazy? When did the problem start? It's been around a long time but only been successfully reported fairly recently. If you look at your own source it clearly states:

The Pentagon’s definition of unwanted sexual contact ranges from rape to “abusive sexual contact” and “involves intentional sexual contact that was against a person’s will or occurred when the person did not or could not consent. The term describes completed and attempted oral, anal and vaginal penetration with any body part or object, and the unwanted touching of genitalia and other sexually related areas of the body.”

Ever heard of hazing and blanket parties? When I was enlisted I was aware of both, including attempts to sodomize service members with broomsticks or plungers; and stood up to prevent a couple of such actions against my peers. Victims seldom if ever reported this mainly because it was often action taken after "hints" from NCO and officer personnel to "correct" a "motivation" problem.

Now according to the same source, 2,989 reports occurred in 2012, 88% of the victims were female, 12 % were male; and 2% of attackers were females. Then a sample survey taken indicates 1.2% of male respondents complained of sexual abuse, thus projecting 14,000 male victims out of 1.2 million male service members.

You take that to automatically mean homosexual rape due to liberalization of the military. I look at it as a lot of troopers not willing to admit being hazed or abused by other soldiers for being considered eff-ups. That does not mean there weren't sexual assaults, I'm sure that happened too. However, it's just as likely to have happened when the service was all-male and forbid open homosexual enlistment as it is now when people are starting to report it.

I admit I am not very supportive of women in combat arms, at least not in front-line mixed units. I like the Israeli model where they form all-female artillery, anti-air, and other combat units.

I'm also a little sceptical of openly gay soldiers because I believe sexual relationships among members of the same combat unit, male or female, undermine military discipline and combat effectiveness. But that's a whole different kettle of fish I don't feel competent to address here because I haven't been on active duty in 20 years.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom