• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Offensive PC attack at a U.S. Air Force Base.

Not possible. Those who most loudly demand celebration of diversity do not allow diversity of opinion.

Sure, you are entitled to your opinion, if you keep your mouth shut about it....:eek:

Remember Moot, it was you that informed me back in Jan. or Feb. that 1/2 of the A-10 squadrons have already be deactivated. I looked in to it and you were right. And almost all of them were deactivated during Obama's first term in the White House before Obama's sequestration.

5 A-10 squadrons to be cut | Air Force Times | airforcetimes.com

Then there's Obama's sequestration. This is the one that affected your family. -> Reduced flying hours forces grounding of 17 USAF combat air squadrons | Air Force Times | airforcetimes.com

As you noticed it was all across the board including newly formed F-22 squadrons.

>"Air Force officials had warned that mandatory budget cuts would lead to a reduction of flying hours by 18 percent, with readiness dropping to “sub-optimal levels,” according to information provided to Congress. The drop in flying hours would mean that it could take up to six months to repair the damage to readiness, the Air Force warned lawmakers in a February presentation."<

Has your husband considered transferring the Davis Monthan AFB "Bone Yard" ? I hear it's going to get pretty busy. ;- )
No, not all of them..only about half. He's modifying them with the latest technology so I expect them to be around for awhile.

It funny you mentioned the "bone yard", because we have thought about moving to Tucson and I think he might like working at the bone yard. He likes old stuff like that. But I don't know, we've moved three times in the last six years and we're kind of burned out on moving..for now.

Do you know how dumb Obama's sequestration is, all across the board with the military ? Dumb, the same words that was used by Armed Services Committee a couple of weeks ago. Obama has appointed a buch of second rate people in the Pentagon who don't have a clue what they are doing.

"Choices Made Under Sequestration Are ‘Dumb’"

“the math does not add up”

“The findings [of the Strategic Choices and Management Review], are sobering. The things we have to do under sequestration are not strategic. They’re dumb,”

“Once you eliminate a skill set, it’s very hard to bring that back,” <- (Could be in reference to your husband ? )

No links, this is to be my next thread, how dumb Obama's DOD is.
I thought the sequester was a congress idea.

“This has been one of the most volatile and uncertain budget cycles the Department of Defense has ever experienced,” he said. “Our fiscal planning has been conducted under a cloud of uncertainty with the imposition of sequestration and changing rules as Congress made adjustments to our spending authorities.”

The secretary called on Congress to look ahead to next year’s budget, which begins in October. He warned that if the current Budget Control Act doesn’t change, the Pentagon will be forced to cut $52 billion next year — a 40 percent increase from this year’s cuts.

Though Hagel said the department will do “everything possible to avoid more furloughs,” without more certainty from Congress he said he could not be sure of what will happen next year.
Pentagon to Cut Furlough Days in Half - ABC News

Now I'm sure it is.

What do you have against diversity? These transgender performers were entertaining the troops, which many entertainers happen to do.... I wouldn't be OK with confederate heritage day "anywhere"...

If you allow one group their celebration of diversity, it would be discrimination not to allow every other group the right. Under the military's discrimination regulations, you would have to allow southern soldiers to celebrate their Confederate heritage.

If you allow a tank commander to fly this flag on the antennae of his tank,

yhst-45748600749679_2271_2667022

You will have no choice but to let a southern soldier fly this flag,

13star_1st_national_0.png

I could care less if someone wants to put on a drag show; just not on post. Again, there is no place for that in the military.

As I've asked before, would the supporters of this event be just as supportive of a Confederate Heritage event? Because statically speaking, it would represent a large portion of our armed services, since it's citizens from the former Confederate states that join the service at the highest rates.

How many Italians, Spaniards, Germans, Croats, Romanians, Finns, Danes, French and Dutch are there in the ranks who had grandfathers who served in Facist armies during WW2? Are we going to give them a day, too?

Hell, right before I got out, I had a Vietnamese kid in my platoon whose grandfather fought with the Viet Minh. A few years before that, there was a German dude, whose grandfather served in a grenadier unit with the Wehrmacht. He wanted to fly a Reich War Flag on the antennae of his track. There was no way I could allow that. He protested that it was the WW1 version of the Reich War Flag and not the Nazi version--which I already knew--but wouldn't budge I explained to him that the only flag, with national identity that he could fly, had to be an American flag. Had an all black Bradley crew once that wanted to fly an African flag; had to put my foot down on that, too.

There's no place for diversity in the military. Everyone has to be the same, for a reason.

Well apparently the Commanding General of that installation felt differently. When I was in the Army we obeyed the lawful orders of our chain of command. Doesn't matter what you personally think or feel either. If the current policy allows for such events, then that's all there is to it.

Well apparently the Commanding General of that installation felt differently. When I was in the Army we obeyed the lawful orders of our chain of command. Doesn't matter what you personally think or feel either. If the current policy allows for such events, then that's all there is to it.

The post commander is an idiot and doesn't deserve to be in command. IMO, his order was unlawful and were I stationed at that post, the men under my charge, even I was nothing more than a fire team leader, would have been given verbal and written orders not to attend. In fact, they would have probably been restricted to their quarters during the time window that the event was taking place.

Well it "is" an attack, just not on the military...

I have a hard time believeing you wouldn't mind, but the point is, there's no place for that in the military.

"Diversity" has no place whatsoever in military discipline. The ONLY way a military can act effectively is when everyone is on the same page acting as a cohesive unit. "Diversity" messes all of that up. There is no place for ego motivated, self absorbed behavior in a combat environment. That's the kind of crap that gets people killed.

And don't give me any garbage about "it was all just innocent fun" because any day these kids could be packed up and sent to some god forsaken hellhole where there's a whole passel of bad guys that want them dead. It's bad enough when I have to get little Jimmy to button his **** down but when I have some mother****er telling me I have to respect his gender identity before he'll perform.....

What did a transgender performance at a diversity celebration have to do with military discipline?

What did a transgender performance at a diversity celebration have to do with military discipline?

It allowed one group to emphasize their difference over everyone else. It could be interpreted as an expression of superiority. It would could damage unit cohesion and discipline.

How would you feel if the participants in the event got their asses kicked afterwards?

The post commander is an idiot and doesn't deserve to be in command. IMO, his order was unlawful and were I stationed at that post, the men under my charge, even I was nothing more than a fire team leader, would have been given verbal and written orders not to attend. In fact, they would have probably been restricted to their quarters during the time window that the event was taking place.

Well I served as both a Sergeant E-5 squad leader and after OCS commissioning, eventually a mechanized company commander. I don't know what you thought your oath allowed you to do, but one of those things wasn't the right to disobey a lawful order. So unless it either violated UCMJ or the Geneva convention, you'd either obey or find yourself wearing civvies with a less than honorable discharge (in peacetime).

As for being required to attend? No one would ever be given such an order. The only thing I could think of is if a military parade was part of the program. In which case you'd march as ordered and once dismissed you could do w/e your little heart desired.

It allowed one group to emphasize their difference over everyone else. It could be interpreted as an expression of superiority. It would could damage unit cohesion and discipline.

How would you feel if the participants in the event got their asses kicked afterwards?

Were these drag queens soldiers? Were they the only entertainers to perform? If they were soldiers, I doubt that they got their asses kicked.... You need to just get a life...

Well I served as both a Sergeant E-5 squad leader and after OCS commissioning, eventually a mechanized company commander. I don't know what you thought your oath allowed you to do, but one of those things wasn't the right to disobey a lawful order. So unless it either violated UCMJ or the Geneva convention, you'd either obey or find yourself wearing civvies with a less than honorable discharge (in peacetime).

If I felt an order was unlawful, I would well protest that order. On and off the battlefield, that's my right.

As for being required to attend? No one would ever be given such an order. The only thing I could think of is if a military parade was part of the program. In which case you'd march as ordered and once dismissed you could do w/e your little heart desired.

I didn't say anything about being ordered to attend. However, MY soldiers would be issued written orders NOT to attend, if not restricted to their quarters during the times of the event.

Were these drag queens soldiers? Were they the only entertainers to perform? If they were soldiers, I doubt that they got their asses kicked.... You need to just get a life...

My point is, if they were soldiers and they got their asses kicked later, that would be a breakdown in discipline.

You asked, so there it is.

No, not all of them..only about half. He's modifying them with the latest technology so I expect them to be around for awhile.

It funny you mentioned the "bone yard", because we have thought about moving to Tucson and I think he might like working at the bone yard. He likes old stuff like that. But I don't know, we've moved three times in the last six years and we're kind of burned out on moving..for now.

I thought the sequester was a congress idea.

Now I'm sure it is.

Nope, the sequestration idea came from the Obama White House. Obama believed if the military took 50 % of the sequestration hit that the Republicans would fold and allow Obama to spend another trillion dollars that we don't have.
It was Bob Woodward, yes the same Woodward that all liberals love who exposed that the sequestration was Obama's idea.
Remember with in hours after Congress passed the sequestration bill, Obama signed it into law and told Congress if they tried to repeal it he would veto it. That's why it's Obama's sequestration.

Obama looks at it that he won. If he didn't get to spend another trillion dollars at least he gets to continue dismantling the U.S. military. That was his agenda from day one.

Are those A-10's your husband modified by any chance A-10 C's ? The scuttlebutt I heard, five squadrons of A-10 C's are to be deactivated under Obama's sequestration next year.

This is outrageous and it didn't fly to well with the airmen at the Los Angeles Air Force Base.
Just more of Obama's social engineering of our military.

‘Totally Offensive and Inappropriate’: Military Base Reportedly Hosts Drag Queens During ‘Diversity Day’ Celebration

>"Several drag queens reportedly took the stage at the Los Angeles Air Force Base on Thursday as part of the military base’s 2013 “Diversity Day” celebration.

According to Fox News’ Todd Starnes, three individuals dressed in drag were featured in a musical performance that sparked outrage among some military personnel.

“I am really surprised that this happened on a military installation,” an unidentified airman reportedly told Starnes. “I get that people want to be able to have committed relationships with members of the same sex, but this crossed the line.”

Another said the performance was “totally offensive and inappropriate.”..."<
‘Totally Offensive and Inappropriate’: Military Base Reportedly Hosts Drag Queens During ‘Diversity Day’ Celebration | Video | TheBlaze.com

FYI: President Obama appointed Eric Fanning, who is openly gay as the Secretary of the Air Force.

I get it, no money for air shows but the military has money to celebrate gays, lesbians and transgenders.

I wonder what Fanning's priorities are ? Drag queens openly serving in the Air Force ?

Lord knows no one in the military ever dressed in drag before Obama...

shellback.jpg

If you allow one group their celebration of diversity, it would be discrimination not to allow every other group the right. Under the military's discrimination regulations, you would have to allow southern soldiers to celebrate their Confederate heritage.

If you allow a tank commander to fly this flag on the antennae of his tank,

yhst-45748600749679_2271_2667022

You will have no choice but to let a southern soldier fly this flag,

13star_1st_national_0.png

Most libs/progressives have know idea that you posted the flag of the Confederat States of America. Most libs think the battle flag of the Army of Northern Virginia is the Confederate flag.

Most libs/progressives have know idea that you posted the flag of the Confederat States of America. Most libs think the battle flag of the Army of Northern Virginia is the Confederate flag.

I bet this lib knows more about the civil war than you do....

My point is, if they were soldiers and they got their asses kicked later, that would be a breakdown in discipline.

You asked, so there it is.

I didn't realize we were dealing with "ifs. Your argument seems to assume that they were soldiers.... So, it would make a big difference if they were not soldiers and simply performers....would it not?

If I felt an order was unlawful, I would well protest that order. On and off the battlefield, that's my right.

Actually, you'd better KNOW it was an unlawful order, especially in the midst of combat. In fact you WOULD know because it is a requirement of both basic training and continued leadership training througout your service. God help you if you were wrong though.

I didn't say anything about being ordered to attend. However, MY soldiers would be issued written orders NOT to attend, if not restricted to their quarters during the times of the event.

Now THAT would constitute an illegal order. You neither have the right nor the authority to do something like that. If I were your Company Commander and received a complaint from any member of your team about such an order you'd definitely be removed from your position as team leader, and might even face a Company Grade Article 15. Refuse that, and you'd be seeing the battalion commander.

Do you think that we give a fvck?. :lamo

Do you think that we give a fvck?. :lamo

When I watch the video, it looks like many didn't want to be there in the first place, look at their faces. Those there were probably ordered to attend. From the photos, not much of a turnout considering how many serve at L.A. AFB.

I once carried out an unlawful order knowing it was an unlawful order. They couldn't do a damn thing. They would have had to go after the person who issued me that order and they weren't going to #### with him.

That's why I posted it...LOL!! As Redress points out, she knows what it is.

Back
Top Bottom