• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

(Off Topic from another thread) Walter Scott / Michael Slager

Excon

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I am bring this here because it is "Off-Topic" in that thread.

*Sigh*
Interesting. From where I came from that is called an allegation.
And in this case, an unproven one.

And as already stated:
As for "lying"? You haven't shown any lie. I suspect we both could show an untruth that was made, but I have no way of showing it was made with the intent to deceive, and neither could you.
So, from wherever you are from, you have been mistaught. It is an untrue statement that neither you or I could show was made with the intent to deceive.
This is more than simple to prove you know? This is the exact moment Slager takes his first shot. Does that look like Scott is going toward him? Therefore telling SLED that Scott was heading toward him was......a LIE. And yes I suppose we both could, however I've given you information proving my point while you're just all words. Done with this as it's not the thread topic.

View attachment 67329114
To which I responded.

Wrong.
It was an untrue statement. You can not show it was made with the intent to deceive, and neither can I.
Here is the problem with what you are doing.
You are using one image to suggest something that reflects more than just that one moment in time.

Why would I say that you may ask?
Because just prior to, and obviously after Slager had already made the decision to draw and fire, Scott had the taser and was facing him. (see image below)
Just because the video does not show him moving toward Slager does not mean that he hadn't.
Or did you forget that Scott attacked Slager and took his stun-gun?
He very well could have made the decision to fire when he was coming towards him and that would be what he was relaying to the the person interviewing him.
So again. You can not show it was a lie.

Slager.jpg

I am bring this here because it is "Off-Topic" in that thread.

To which I responded.

Here is the problem with what you are doing.
You are using one image to suggest something that reflects more than just that one moment in time.

Why would I say that you may ask?
Because just prior to, and obviously after Slager had already made the decision to draw and fire, Scott had the taser and was facing him. (see image below)
Just because the video does not show him moving toward Slager does not mean that he hadn't.
Or did you forget that Scott attacked Slager and took his stun-gun?
He very well could have made the decision to fire when he was coming towards him and that would be what he was relaying to the the person interviewing him.
So again. You can not show it was a lie.

View attachment 67329116

iLoL

I was pretty into this incident when it happened. I remember the video of Slager giving his version of events back at his car after the shooting that afternoon. Then the bystander video emerged. It didn't pan out to "I shot him because he was coming toward me". And now you're trying to peddle that he could have made the decision to fire when he was coming toward him but......he didn't and then fired when Scott was running away.

I'll say again, Slager is exactly where he should be. He admitted to his crime and it's done.

It didn't pan out to "I shot him because he was coming toward me". And now you're trying to peddle that he could have made the decision to fire when he was coming toward him but......he didn't and then fired when Scott was running away.
No.
I said he could have made the decision to fire when he was coming towards him. How do you not understand that it then takes time to draw and fire?
You can see in the image I provided that Scott had been facing him. You can also see he is already in the process of drawing his weapon to fire it.
So he made that decision just prior to that moment.
How in the world do you not understand this?

I'll say again, Slager is exactly where he should be. He admitted to his crime and it's done.
Yes. He took a Federal plea that requires an admittance to the charge. But not to supposed lying.
We know that in doing so the State charge of murder was dropped. (their first attempt ended in a hung jury)
You do not know why he plead and neither do I. For all any of us know, he got bad advice.
But we are not debating this conviction. We are debating one specific point from the case.
You can not show he was "lying".
Again. You may be able to show the statement was untrue, but not that it was made with the intent to deceive. (which is what "lying" actually is.)

No.
I said he could have made the decision to fire when he was coming towards him. How do you not understand that it then takes time to draw and fire?
You can see in the image I provided that Scott had been facing him. You can also see he is already in the process of drawing his weapon to fire it.
So he made that decision just prior to that moment.
How in the world do you not understand this?

Yes. He took a Federal plea that requires an admittance to the charge. But not to supposed lying.
We know that in doing so the State charge of murder was dropped. (their first attempt ended in a hung jury)
You do not know why he plead and neither do I. For all any of us know, he got bad advice.
But we are not debating this conviction. We are debating one specific point from the case.
You can not show he was "lying".
Again. You may be able to show the statement was untrue, but not that it was made with the intent to deceive. (which is what "lying" actually is.)

If this were still up for debate I might take the time to dig up his statements where he mislead the investigators with false narrative. But, as I said, the man admitted to his crime, and now he's crying incompetent defense. Oh well.

Last edited:
No clue what's going on here but I promise to take another look at it soon.

No clue what's going on here but I promise to take another look at it soon.
Excon is bringing up an old police shooting, perhaps because he believes the white guy committing the murder of an unarmed black man by shooting him in the back is innocent. Beyond that....shrug

Excon is bringing up an old police shooting, perhaps because he believes the white guy committing the murder of an unarmed black man by shooting him in the back is innocent. Beyond that....shrug

I've had a second look see and I'm worse off than I was before. I'm passing on this one sorry if I disappoint.

If this were still up for debate I might take the time to dig up his statements where he mislead the investigators with false narrative. But, as I said, the man admitted to his crime, and now he's crying incompetent defense. Oh well.
Cop-out.
We are not debating whether or not he was convicted,plead, or claiming now.
We are debating one specific where you claim he was lying.
You can not show he was.

Wrong as usual Calamity.
I am not the one who brought him up.
I am the one that moved the discussion here because it was off-topic in the other thread.

To be fair, Excon didn't bring in the topic of Slager in the other thread. He moved it here because I said I was no longer going to discuss it on a thread with a different topic.

But regardless, Slager is serving a 20 yr sentence which Scott's family has said they are good with (as good as one can be) so if they're good then that's what counts.

Cop-out.
We are not debating whether or not he was convicted,plead, or claiming now.
You can not show he was.

You're right. I've shown my point, Slager admitted to guilt, and he's serving 20.

To be fair, Excon didn't bring in the topic of Slager in the other thread.
Hey, you finally got something right. (y) Good for you.

He moved it here because I said I was no longer going to discuss it on a thread with a different topic.
Wrong. What you said had nothing to do with why I took it here. And I do have a history of moving "off-topic" discussions to a new thread of it's own. Nor would have I cared one way or the other if you responded to this thread or not.

But regardless, Slager is serving a 20 yr sentence which Scott's family has said they are good with (as good as one can be) so if they're good then that's what counts.
Besides your commentary being irrelevant and biased nonsense -
Again.
Cop-out.
We are not debating whether or not he was convicted, plead, or claiming now.
You can not show he was.
And you still have failed to show he was.

This.

1618960700824.png

Does not justify this.

1618960801482.png

Back
Top Bottom