• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Off topic discussion forum.

Tahuyaman

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative

Off-Topic Discussion​

What’s an “off topic discussion?” After all, isn’t the topic whatever you’re discussing?

Off-Topic Discussion​

What’s an “off topic discussion?” After all, isn’t the topic whatever you’re discussing?

Yep, it’s certainly difficult to discuss this matter. ;)

It’s more like the any topic discussion.

Yep, it’s certainly difficult to discuss this matter. ;)

It’s more like the any topic discussion.
If it’s an “off topic forum” does that mean whatever the topic may be, you need to go go somewhere else?

If it’s an “off topic forum” does that mean whatever the topic may be, you need to go go somewhere else?

Nope, as I said it’s really the “any topic forum”, which is clearly explained with “Talk about any subject here.”

I think it means an off-topic, like something being "odd" or not "typical."

You mean like "Do you think it's important for your underwear to match your outfit?" kinda off topic?
Because I've always been curious if other people think of this.

This is a forum for political topics fitting the sub-forums. Off-topic is topics not fitting the sub-forums.

It all stems from the initial Forum interest in Topic Modelling , OP -- I am personally much involved in this area and it is the only reason I am here wasting my time ..

Please note
So many scholars in humanities departments are turning to the tool in their research that it is sometimes described as part of the digital humanities in itself. Last fall, the NEH sponsored a workshop at Maryland which expressed concern that “the most promising work in topic modeling is being done not by humanists exploring literary or historical corpora but instead by scholars working in natural language processing and information retrieval.” There is not, it seems safe to say, another machine-learning algorithm in the world anyone would expect humanists to lead the progress of. Newcomers to the field could be forgiven for thinking that digital humanists need to topic model to prove their mettle; analog humanists could be forgiven for assuming that the computational interests of literary scholars and historians are particularly focused on the sorts of questions that topic models answer.

Frankly I am surprised you are not aware of this fun and pleasurable area . It is catching on very fast in Poland .

You mean like "Do you think it's important for your underwear to match your outfit?" kinda off topic?
Because I've always been curious if other people think of this.
Always wear clean underwear because you never know when you might be involved in an accident.

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when you might be involved in an accident.
Good advise, but, should my clean panties match my outfit? Try to stay on topic. lol

Best posts on the site written here!:)

Off-Topic Discussion​

Best I can tell is it would be a discussion that doesn't mention Trump and/or denigrate Right wing, conservatives, Republicans, or the Southern States.

Nope, as I said it’s really the “any topic forum”, which is clearly explained with “Talk about any subject here.”
That would be fine if true.
I am speaking from personal experience here, and yes I am aware of your past employment here.
So maybe I just got bad advice?

Back
Top Bottom