• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Off to vote in Indiana this morning...

EnigmaO01

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Go Bernie!

They changed my polling place after years of voting in the same place. It makes me a little nervous. You never know what this governor is up to.

I see he endorsed Ted Cruz. No surprise there.

Go Bernie!

They changed my polling place after years of voting in the same place. It makes me a little nervous. You never know what this governor is up to.

Perhaps you're overthinking this one.

Perhaps you're overthinking this one.

Maybe. Maybe not.

I haven't voted yet. The wife voted on her way into work. Said there was a line going out the door due to issues with the machines. Said they called someone in to fix them.

I think I'll wait a while. I wonder how many people left in disgust and won't get out of work in time to vote later? I wonder if moving the polling place had any thing to do with this?

She said some guy in line said, "I wonder how many dead people will vote." Someone near the back of the line replied, "It's not the dead people we have to worry about. It's the stinkin' ballot."

Sad there are people that have been Fux Newsed to think voter fraud is a problem. At least the last comment was humorous.

Go Bernie!

I was actually surprised he endorsed Cruz. I figured him to support Kasich, as unrealistic as his chances are.

Have fun voting! Go Bernie!

I was actually surprised he endorsed Cruz. I figured him to support Kasich, as unrealistic as his chances are.

I'm not surprised he did. The guy is ultraconservative mixing religion with government. Two peas in a pond with Cruz. I suspect he will be clobbered this fall. He almost lost the last election.

Go Bernie!

Go Bernie. Do us proud.

Voted this morning, took me only about 5 minutes to get in and out of the polling place. Though I dont really support him, I think that Bernie will have some trouble in college towns today as most of the colleges in Indiana are either cleared out for the year or students are taking their finals, so he might not have as much of the youth vote that he's used to.

I agree with the Go Bernie! message. I like him!

Have you been on vacation? - I've missed you! Glad you're back, cause you keep things spiced up around here! :thumbs:

Got in and out to vote and no problems.

I found out why my polling place got changed. The state is reducing polling places to save money.

Sound familiar? I'm all for saving money but will it bite the state in the butt during a time when voter turnout is at an all-time high? Didn't Arizona and some other states regret it? The fact that Indiana is crucial for a couple of candidates could bring out even more voters. I'm curious to see what happens in the higher population centers/ bigger cities if they reduced polling places there too.

I agree with the Go Bernie! message. I like him!

Have you been on vacation? - I've missed you! Glad you're back, cause you keep things spiced up around here! :thumbs:

Yes, my husband and I spent 2 weeks in Puerto Vallarta and loved it! Thanks for the welcome back Pol. Hope all is well with you!

Yes, my husband and I spent 2 weeks in Puerto Vallarta and loved it! Thanks for the welcome back Pol. Hope all is well with you!

I didn't know you went to Vallarta. We love it there. We'd live there in a heartbeat.

I didn't know you went to Vallarta. We love it there. We'd live there in a heartbeat.

We could totally live there Risky. We just loved it there. It was our first time and I'd go back tomorrow for good if I could. We looked at a condo in downtown on the Boardwalk and I think we may possibly buy it and rent it, but use it 4-5 times a year with the kids. I loved the food, the mountains, the tequila, the shops, the beach (little rocky but I grew up in NJ so I'm used to the Atlantic roughness), the people (**** you, Trump!) and just everything about the place.

Trump and Clinton to win..

It was a wishy washy endorsement. He managed to say something nice about everyone, including Trump. All the talking heads picked up on it and asked him about it. He's up for a tough re-election this year and he made his announcement so it can later be parsed to say he also endorsed the winner.

Btw, Go Bernie!

We could totally live there Risky. We just loved it there. It was our first time and I'd go back tomorrow for good if I could. We looked at a condo in downtown on the Boardwalk and I think we may possibly buy it and rent it, but use it 4-5 times a year with the kids. I loved the food, the mountains, the tequila, the shops, the beach (little rocky but I grew up in NJ so I'm used to the Atlantic roughness), the people (**** you, Trump!) and just everything about the place.

But you'll miss the snow! ;)

Trump and Clinton to win..

Correction:

Trump and Sanders to win Indiana.

Indiana's mostly white. Remember Sanders wins states like that.

Clinton didn't even bother to campaign much here. She's given up on Indiana.

Last edited:
It was a wishy washy endorsement. He managed to say something nice about everyone, including Trump. All the talking heads picked up on it and asked him about it. He's up for a tough re-election this year and he made his announcement so it can later be parsed to say he also endorsed the winner.

Btw, Go Bernie!

Our governor is going to get clobbered in November. He almost lost the last election.

The man is out of his league. It shows.

Correction:

Trump and Sanders to win Indiana.

Indiana's mostly white. Remember Sanders wins states like that.

Clinton didn't even bother to campaign much here. She's given up on Indiana.

I hope you are right..

Back
Top Bottom