• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Off to join the US Army

How about if we all stop derailing this thread and focus on the topic at hand?
I mean, it's not like we can't go start another one somewhere, if we wish to discuss something else.

Moderator's Warning:
1069 is right. Get back on topic, now.

Last edited:
Moderator's Warning:
This pains me no end to say, but 1069 is right. Get back on topic, now.

Please do not use the mod box to take unsubtle swipes at forum members.
This is not the Basement, and I've done nothing wrong.
It is inappropriate.

Back to topic.

Please do not use the mod box to take unsubtle swipes at forum members.
This is not the Basement, and I've done nothing wrong.
It is inappropriate.

Back to topic.

It was not intended as such, and is now changed. My apology for giving the wrong impression.

From an old airforce sgt, good luck and be safe and thanks

Thanks for all the well wishes, and good luck with those brave men and women fighting the wolverine menace, they are the real heroes because **** if I would do that ****.

A is for Army...... Army Army Army....
R is for Army...... Army Army Army....
M is for Army...... Army Army Army...
Y is for...uh.. Army..... Army Army Army...

One day, you will find the humor in stupid running Cadences.

Thanks for all the well wishes, and good luck with those brave men and women fighting the wolverine menace, they are the real heroes because **** if I would do that ****.

All you need to fight werewolves is a good vorpal sword and a lucky 2d8 dice roll.

So I figured I'd make this topic now since I won't be seeing the forum for the most part over the coming 6 weeks. I'm about to head off to "Warrior Forge" in Ft. Lewis Washington as the final step in my commissioning process to become an Army 2LT. I don't know if any you noticed I wasn't around as much, or even cared if you did, but I've been busy as hell preparing for all this.

So far I've got this lined up: My commissioning date is July 12th, after about a month they should have finished the evaluations, which is the point of going to Warrior Forge as there is no new training.
Assuming my evaluations are good, or if I just get lucky, I should be active duty and I should have my orders to report to Ft. Knox Kentucky for Armor BOLC (Basic Officer's Leader's Course) no later than a month or two after my evals are done, so 3 months at most I hope after my Commission date.
I also applied for a Branch detail program so my basic branch would be Military Intelligence but I would be detailed over to Armor for the first few years of my career until I hit CPT where I would then go to the Military Intelligence Career Course.

Thats the plan anyway, although I could end up anywhere for the most part, but I'm hoping my Chinese language experience, "unique" education, and maybe a change in Army policy which has been rumored will at least get me into the Intel Corps. If I don't get MI, which is what I want to be my long term career, I think I'd be happy most anywhere in the Army. I love intelligence and analysis but I love the Army just as much, so as long as I'm doing something super-hoorah Army I think I'd be happy and if not I can get out after a few years. I just hope to God I don't get stuck in the Reserves or National Guard, damn I do not want to have to go looking for a job on short notice that also runs in line with whatever bum-**** Guard unit they post me to.

But seriously I wasn't exactly the "ideal" cadet in college to say the least hehe, I'm banking a lot on that Chinese.

Good luck, hopefully the Army works out for you.Don't fall for any tricks such as testing for weaknesses in the armor of a armored vehicle with a ballpoint hammer and chalk, collecting exhaust samples, testing the tension spring of armored vehicles by jumping up and down on the vehicle, collecting a box of grids squares and chem light batteries, or if you become a XO ordering a box of Bravo,Alpha,1100 Novembers with ST ring or any of that other ****. When I was first stationed at Fort Hood as a cherry private I was fortunate enough to have someone tell me of these tricks, however I have seen other individuals including a cherry 2nd LT fall for them.

Good Luck and stay safe. My dad made a career out ot the air force. It was a good life. As others have said, thank you for your service.

So I figured I'd make this topic now since I won't be seeing the forum for the most part over the coming 6 weeks. I'm about to head off to "Warrior Forge" in Ft. Lewis Washington as the final step in my commissioning process to become an Army 2LT. I don't know if any you noticed I wasn't around as much, or even cared if you did, but I've been busy as hell preparing for all this --

WOAH!

I've read and been impressed by many of your level headed posts (some in the Europe forums) - I had you figured for one of us oldies. I'm even more impressed that you're so young.

Wishing you the best of times and I hope you come out the other side whole and hale.

Good luck, hopefully the Army works out for you.Don't fall for any tricks such as testing for weaknesses in the armor of a armored vehicle with a ballpoint hammer and chalk, collecting exhaust samples, testing the tension spring of armored vehicles by jumping up and down on the vehicle, collecting a box of grids squares and chem light batteries, or if you become a XO ordering a box of Bravo,Alpha,1100 Novembers with ST ring or any of that other ****. When I was first stationed at Fort Hood as a cherry private I was fortunate enough to have someone tell me of these tricks, however I have seen other individuals including a cherry 2nd LT fall for them.

Good times effing with the newbies... I was a sonar tech in the NAV. "Seaman So and So, go ask the Captain for more "CRT fluid" ....

Thank you for your service, Wiseone

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom