• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Off-duty cops quit security for WNBA game after players wear Black Lives Matter shirt

Erod

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...after-players-wear-black-lives-matter-shirts/

Four off-duty police officers who were providing security at a Minnesota Lynx home game Saturday walked off the job following pregame comments by some players and team members warming up in shirts with messages supporting the Black Lives Matter movement. The president of the Minneapolis Police Federation offered praise for the officers’ decision to quit and suggested that their colleagues may all choose to do the same.

“I commend them for it,” Kroll said of the officers who walked off the job. When asked about a report indicating twice as many off-duty cops had quit, the union chief said, “They only have four officers working the event because the Lynx have such a pathetic draw.”

On Monday, Kroll chided the Lynx players for furthering some “false narratives” about incidents of police officers killing black people. “Rushing to judgment before the facts are in is unwarranted and reckless,” he said

This Blacks versus the Police fabrication is starting to get very real and very raw.

Re: Off-duty cops quit security for WNBA game after players wear Black Lives Matter s

Yes, only this time it was the off-duty officers fabricating the conflict.

THE SHIRTS HAD DALLAS PD STARS ON THEM

Pretty sure the off duty officers didn't walk off the job because of that.

minnesota-lynx.jpg

Re: Off-duty cops quit security for WNBA game after players wear Black Lives Matter s

Μολὼν λαβέ;1066069856 said:

View attachment 67204090

Yeah, that's a Dallas PD star underneath the names.

Yeah, that's a Dallas PD star underneath the names.

Μολὼν λαβέ;1066069868 said:

Right, but they are insulted by a shirt that shows solidarity with the DPD. Apparently those cops hate cops.

Every cop that walked out of that game is a little drama bitch that punishingly shamed ALL the players. If they get pissy over stuff like that im not too sure they should have responsibility over citizenry.

Neither Philando Castile nor Alton Sterling are actual, verified victims, yet.
BLM has been incredibly hostile towards police.

Neither Philando Castile nor Alton Sterling are actual, verified victims, yet.
BLM has been incredibly hostile towards police.

Some people have been. These shirts were not.

Some people have been. These shirts were not.

Shirts can't be hostile, but they're associating themselves with a movement that's been hostile to the police.
So, it's rather fair that they not want to be associated with them, in any way.

Off-duty cops quit security for WNBA game after players wear Black Lives Matt...

Like most things involving the BLM, I agree with many of the points but disagree with the tactics involved.

It seems silly to me that we are now incapable of having support in not killing cops at the same time as creating meaningful procedural and training reforms in policing.

It's like now we must either be complacent with racial injustice or be in support of wanting to parade in the streets or killing cops.

It's a false choice.

Shirts can't be hostile, but they're associating themselves with a movement that's been hostile to the police.
So, it's rather fair that they not want to be associated with them, in any way.

Evangelical Christians have set off bombs on American soil. And yet many Americans choose to associate themselves with a group that has been literal terrorists.

Re: Off-duty cops quit security for WNBA game after players wear Black Lives Matt...

Like most things involving the BLM, I agree with many of the points but disagree with the tactics involved.

It seems silly to me that we are now incapable of having support in not killing cops at the same time as creating meaningful procedural and training reforms in policing.

It's like now we must either be complacent with racial injustice or be in support of wanting to parade in the streets or killing cops.

It's a false choice.

There's no false choice.
A lot perceive it that way, but it's not there.

The problem is this rather pleb justice of calling unknowns, victims and some police as "guilty" before we know anything else.
Then follows all the phony do gooder virtue signaling, in the rest of the public sphere.

Evangelical Christians have set off bombs on American soil. And yet many Americans choose to associate themselves with a group that has been literal terrorists.

I'm failing to see how that makes this right or better?

I'm failing to see how that makes this right or better?

I'm suggesting that labeling all Christians as "associating with a group that has committed terrorism" isn't accurate.

Like one violence negates another act of violence?

Just because?

Classic!

So what? You can't claim to be in solidarity with the police and support BLM at the same time.

BLM claims that the police need to reform, but the police are not doing anything wrong. There's no evidence that police target blacks for racist or any other ulterior motives. People report crimes, the police respond because that's their job, a higher proportion of the perps are black. That's all there is to it.

Some of these BLM reforms come down to "don't enforce the laws in our neighborhoods so much". That ought to be completely unacceptable both to policy makers and the citizens of those neighborhoods.

Some blacks just don't want to accept responsibility for their own choices and actions.

Last edited:

I'm suggesting that labeling all Christians as "associating with a group that has committed terrorism" isn't accurate.

Ok which still fails to account for the fact that BLM is not a religion, with multiple sects.
That all BLM groups share the same name and that on more than one occasion, in more than one chapter, BLM has engaged in hostile rhetoric towards police.

That also doesn't account for the martyring people who are of unknown status as victims.

So what? You can't claim to be in solidarity with the police and support BLM at the same time.

OF COURSE you CAN!!

Why the hell can't you?

Like one violence negates another act of violence?

Just because?

Classic!

Jesus Christ did you miss the mark by a mile.

Do you actually think it's fair to condemn all Christians as associating with terrorists?

Ok which still fails to account for the fact that BLM is not a religion, with multiple sects.
That all BLM groups share the same name and that on more than one occasion, in more than one chapter, BLM has engaged in hostile rhetoric towards police.

That also doesn't account for the martyring people who are of unknown status as victims.

*sigh*

Nevermind. It's really sad how close your post is to the truth while also being so very, very far away.

Re: Off-duty cops quit security for WNBA game after players wear Black Lives Matt...

It's a false choice.

If there is racial injustice, and I'm all investigating that, then it should be addressed. But from what we know so far racial injustice is just not a big part of black men getting shot by police. Proceeding as if we know that there is racial injustice isn't fair to cops, and they have every right to resent and resist it.

OF COURSE you CAN!!

Why the hell can't you?

I believe I covered that in the rest of my post. In short, BLM is unjustly and unfairly accusing the police of racism in the execution of their duties, extending to the unjust killing of black men on account of race. That, as they say, is a deal breaker. You don't get to say that crap and then say, "Oh, but I support the police." No, you don't.

Back
Top Bottom