• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Of the current GOP candidates, which do you believes cares about people like you?

Which candidate in the GOP field best cares about people like you?

• Total voters

bbert1994

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Of the current field of Republican candidates, politics aside for a moment, which candidate do you believe cares about people like you the most?

I'm an Independent voter, not a one of them cares... yet. They are all still appealing to various factions of GOP voters to worry about people like me.

I'm not rich...so I doubt any of them care for me except as a vehicle for getting them elected so that they can promote law and policy that WILL benefit the rich.

The topic's title is almost satirical. Still, I sympathize with Kasich for having to run alongside the asylum runaways constituting the GOP's lineup.

I don't want politicians or the federal government to "care" about me. I'm not looking for a caring relationship here. As much as possible without becoming a hermit in a cave, I don't want them to even know I exist.

The GOP use to be the party of the working class. But over the past 20 years or so they've proven over and over they no longer give a rats ass about the Middle Class blue collar working man. So as a Middle Class blue collar working man I voted NONE.

In 2008/2009 when the economy crashed and the GOP and their talking head allies in the media put 100% of the blame for the crash on the lower and middle class borrowers, and they gave the banks and Wall Street a TOTAL pass, that was the last straw for me. Until the Republican Party does a 180 and completely changes their tune and agenda in regards to the Middle Class and working people I'll never vote for another Republican.

Last edited:
None of those three give a hoot about average working people.

Geezuschristonacracker, I don't want any politician "caring" about me. I want them to leave me the **** alone. I don't need another adult, least of all a total stranger, caring about me.

Geezuschristonacracker, I don't want any politician "caring" about me. I want them to leave me the **** alone. I don't need another adult, least of all a total stranger, caring about me.

Okay...that works. So you and Xfactor should vote for some Republican...and the rest of us should vote for people willing to defend us from the likes of what you might want to do.

I hope none: The last thing I want from President is to "care about me". His or her primary job is to uphold the Constitution and to make sure that my right and ability to care for myself and others are not infringed upon.

Besides, people who sincerely care about vast demographic categories are usually sociopaths incapable of sympathy towards actual people in front of them.

Of the current field of Republican candidates, politics aside for a moment, which candidate do you believe cares about people like you the most?

The one NOT taking money from lobbyist . The one that refuses money from Wall Street , big oil , big tobacco . What purpose does tobacco serve other than killing people , yet it has not been banned, WHY ? :shock:

Okay...that works. So you and Xfactor should vote for some Republican...and the rest of us should vote for people willing to defend us from the likes of what you might want to do.

Awesome, what a great contribution. And here I was, on the edge of my seat, waiting for you to give me permission to vote for whomever I choose. Now I can live another day since my dream was realized.

Awesome, what a great contribution. And here I was, on the edge of my seat, waiting for you to give me permission to vote for whomever I choose. Now I can live another day since my dream was realized.

You said you did not want any politician "caring" about you.

I noted that you had your best, surest chance of that by voting for a Republican.

A simply "thank you" would have sufficed.

No candidates of any kind, in any party, cares about anyone but themselves.

You said you did not want any politician "caring" about you.

I noted that you had your best, surest chance of that by voting for a Republican.

A simply "thank you" would have sufficed.

Okay. Thank you for your really stupid post and for quoting me to contribute absolutely nothing to this thread.

I don't know which candidate truly cares the most about Americans, Americans like me or like anyone else.

But I do know that the candidate who exhibits honest compassion for the scores of millions of Americans who are burdened with unnecessary challenges caused by the unsolved problems in our socioeconomic system ..

.. That candidate will score points with me.

If you're interested in other factors for scoring a candidate, this page has a good list: https://www.powerfulamericanpoliticalalliance.com/index.php?page=choosing_candidates.

The remaining three candidates are a xenophobe, a religious fanatic, and a Far-Right extremist who masquerades as moderate.

So, none of the above.

I'm not rich...so I doubt any of them care for me except as a vehicle for getting them elected so that they can promote law and policy that WILL benefit the rich.

Sounds like a confession to me that you are jealous of the rich.

Okay. Thank you for your really stupid post and for quoting me to contribute absolutely nothing to this thread.

I'da much preferred that "simply thank you" I asked for...but your reaction did give me a big laugh.

Now I owe you a thank you.

Thank you, Tres!

Sounds like a confession to me that you are jealous of the rich.

Not sure why you think that to be a confession of jealousy for the rich...but there is no way it is.

My guess: Lots and lots of very rich people do not have as enjoyable a life as I do...not are they as content as I am.

Just a guess...but if there were some way to check it out, I'd bet a few bucks on it.

The topic's title is almost satirical. Still, I sympathize with Kasich for having to run alongside the asylum runaways constituting the GOP's lineup.

Honestly I put Kasich solidly in the asylum runaways category. ahead of some others.

Not sure why you think that to be a confession of jealousy for the rich...but there is no way it is.

My guess: Lots and lots of very rich people do not have as enjoyable a life as I do...not are they as content as I am.

Just a guess...but if there were some way to check it out, I'd bet a few bucks on it.

So, let me get this straight, you want to take from the rich and give to the poorer, including yourself, even though you yourself thinks that means you will not be as happy and content as you are now. That makes perfect sense.

So, let me get this straight, you want to take from the rich and give to the poorer, including yourself, even though you yourself thinks that means you will not be as happy and content as you are now. That makes perfect sense.

Wow...that is some horrible logic.

One...I do NOT want to take from the rich and give to the poorer. There are other ways to take care of the problems that some poor people have.

I have never said that being richer would mean that I would be less happy and content than I am now. I have no idea of what impact being rich would have on me, although I think I would continue to be happy and content.

Honestly I put Kasich solidly in the asylum runaways category. ahead of some others.

Come on now, that's a little harsh on him. It's true that his suggestion for a federal agency tasked with promoting "Judea christian values in Russia, China, and the Middle East" is out there, but he maintains a nationally conciliatory disposition that's rare in the republican base, especially in its current polarized state, and he also appears to be consistent in promoting a benign and benevolent version of Christianity.

Back
Top Bottom