• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Of the current GOP candidates, which do you believes cares about people like you?

Which candidate in the GOP field best cares about people like you?

• Total voters
Of the current field of Republican candidates, politics aside for a moment, which candidate do you believe cares about people like you the most?

I don't believe any of the candidates from either party care much about me.

Crap onna cracker, you hate the GOP. Everyone knows that. Unlike you, I don't need politicians giving a "hoot" about me. My husband and I make great money and don't want it taxed to hell to give to people who haven't earned it. I don't have envy for the rich, and am very satisfied with what we have. I'm sorry for you that you're envious of the successful.

You tell him, Tres.

I've got mine...screw everyone else!

Right?

Of the current field of Republican candidates, politics aside for a moment, which candidate do you believe cares about people like you the most?

The idea that a federal politician, presedential or otherwise, should care most about any particualr person's current circumstances is troubling. I don't feel that I, or anyone else, should expect special treatment from the federal government. What may seem best, or most helpful, to a MW worker may not be best for a retiree on a fixed income. What may seem best, or most hepful, to defense contract worker may not be best for a carpenter or nurse.

Those that see someone as the jobs candidate must take a long hard look at policies that seek to make a McJob (meaniing any entry level, basically unskilled, employment) into a viable career enabling one to raise a family and to be considered middle class. One may now make a decent living doing lawn maintenance or providing any other service - but only if their customer base can afford to hire them.

You tell him, Tres.

I've got mine...screw everyone else!

Right?

I must have missed the memo that today is all about idiotic posts.

Feel free to give all of your worldly goods to your fellow man. But sorry, I'm not working to support you. Maybe some day you'll be successful. Or Hillary will tax the hell out of those of us who are so you can see what a real savings balance looks like.

I must have missed the memo that today is all about idiotic posts.

It certainly doesn't sound as though you did.

Feel free to give all of your worldly goods to your fellow man. But sorry, I'm not working to support you. Maybe some day you'll be successful. Or Hillary will tax the hell out of those of us who are so you can see what a real savings balance looks like.

See what I mean?

According to Republicans anytime the rich or classes are even discussed it's because the lower classes are envious of the rich, and have declared 'class warfare' on the rich.

But according to Warren Buffett That there’s is class warfare and the rich class is making that war, and wining it.

I wonder who he was being envious of?

I did not vote because a poll like this should have multiple choice options. Here's my answers...

Kasich: He seems to care.

Cruz: I'm sure he honestly cares, he's just flat-out wrong in his opinions regarding the caring.

Trump: I think he literally doesn't give a rat's arse.

According to Republicans anytime the rich or classes are even discussed it's because the lower classes are envious of the rich, and have declared 'class warfare' on the rich.

But according to Warren Buffett That there’s is class warfare and the rich class is making that war, and wining it.

I wonder who he was being envious of?

The playing of the Envy Card is designed both to make the other side look bad - after all what you really want is what somebody else has is what they claim - and at the same time pat themselves on the back in a self congratulatory demonstration of heir own pretended worth. Its the height of intellectual dishonesty and is intended to both pervert and distort the actual argument being made in for of a frankenstein monster creation straw man.

Crap onna cracker, you hate the GOP. Everyone knows that. Unlike you, I don't need politicians giving a "hoot" about me. My husband and I make great money and don't want it taxed to hell to give to people who haven't earned it. I don't have envy for the rich, and am very satisfied with what we have. I'm sorry for you that you're envious of the successful.

Crap onna cracker woman, I was once a PUB, back before they thought it was a Constitutional right to 'protect' us from 'the gay'. My wife and I make great money, own hundreds of acres and a few dozen momma cows. You are not being taxed to hell and many people who get public assistance work very hard. I don't envy the rich, am very satisfied with what I BUILT FROM SCRATCH.

You need politicians giving a hoot when life takes a nose dive- from a hurricane, tornado, flood or very serious sickness. I guess we are both lucky we didn't work in the financial sector or a connected downstream job. You personally may not need help from the government but only a truly short sighted person thinks they will never need help from the Gubmint and they will never need a politician to give a hoot... :peace

Kasich's strategy remains to refrain from engaging in the petulant demagoguery dominating the republican primaries and to contrast it with a sanguine and magnanimous disposition, in anticipation of the inevitable implosion of the current frontrunners and the ensuing sobering up of the republican base and its yearning for a prudent candidate to cleanse it of its shame. As the alternative remains to stoop to Trump and Cruz, it's a sound and a commendable strategy, regardless whether it'll pay off and regardless of the base on which Kasich is running and its current political climate.

You could certainly make a point that if he chooses the quixotic path rather than the jerry springer like path that it may be more of a high ground certainly. I don't know that I would call it sound and commendable. But I guess he really doesn't have any other alternative.. other than facing the reality that he isn't going to be nominated and he should quite spending other peoples money perhaps.
As to whether it will pay off... not unless he is going to make a deal with Cruz or Trump.

Back
Top Bottom