• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

of course, it is possible beck is lying:

i love it when people assume they know me without knowing anything about me. you must be a beck fan.

That makes no sense. I call out your contradiction and you assume I am a Beck fan. Maybe you shouldn't assume people are Beck fans when they don't watch or listen to his show. That would be like calling someone a racist because they want to keep the money they earn instead of giving it to a moocher. Sorry, I forgot liberals do that as well. Feel free to try again, but make sure you bring some substance.

I'm to the point where I don't even bother reading these Beck-bashing threads anymore.

The man is doing irreparable damage to the progressive movement, including the current administration, so attacks like this are nothing more than acts of pure desperation to try and shut the man up.

The more the left attacks, the more credibility Beck accumulates with the public, so keep up the good work.

Doesn't everyone in the media lie and spin? I'm sure Beck and Obama would make great friends, seeing as they are both lying ideologues. We need to set up a support group called Habitual Liars Anonymous (HLA). All the members of the White House and left/right media can get the help they need and expose themselves in a safe environment.

Doesn't everyone in the media lie and spin? I'm sure Beck and Obama would make great friends, seeing as they are both lying ideologues. We need to set up a support group called Habitual Liars Anonymous (HLA). All the members of the White House and left/right media can get the help they need and expose themselves in a safe environment.

Another lovely, yet all too typical response.

Beck is destroying the administration and the progressive movement with their own words. We all know Obama is a fraud and a liar, so you equate Beck with him to try and seem intellectual and indifferent. It's an old back-door way of attacking someone, in this case it's Mr. Beck.

You all really need to come up with some fresh ways of attacking people and hiding who you are, because tactics like this one have seen better days.

Ya except he WAS a radical until he got called out on it and it jeopordized his future in politics. He was a 9-11 truther until it was found out that he was a 9-11 truther when it became politically advantageous not to become a 9-11 truther any longer.

Perhaps, assuming you can read minds. But that wasn't how Beck presented it. He presented an absolute that simply wasn't true. In other words, he lied.

Beck is destroying the administration and the progressive movement with their own words. We all know Obama is a fraud and a liar, so you equate Beck with him to try and seem intellectual and indifferent. It's an old back-door way of attacking someone, in this case it's Mr. Beck.
I agree that Beck is attacking the progressive movement and using their words against them. But he also lies and in my opinion, projects the worst outcomes to scare people.
You all really need to come up with some fresh ways of attacking people and hiding who you are, because tactics like this one have seen better days.
Huh? :confused: What exactly am I hiding about myself?

I think when a person lies, he's a liar. I don't think it's more complicated than that. Much what is disputed with Beck can't be classified as a different view. He actually makes factual errors than can only be made dilberately.
But what is a lie? Saying something that isn't true doesn't make you a liar if you truly believe it. I believe Van Jones still IS a communist and lied about his "change" to be more politically acceptable. Beck believes the same thing, and is called a liar. Apparently you put more trust in a shady self avowed communist and his truthfulness (despite the tendency of communists to knowingly bend facts and lie to influence public opinion as they have done throughout history. Its in their political takeover rulebook).

Maybe Beck isn't a liar and tomorrow Van Jones will say he is a communist. Would that make you a liar because of what you said earlier? Or would that just make you incorrect?

But what is a lie? Saying something that isn't true doesn't make you a liar if you truly believe it. I believe Van Jones still IS a communist and lied about his "change" to be more politically acceptable. Beck believes the same thing, and is called a liar. Apparently you put more trust in a shady self avowed communist and his truthfulness (despite the tendency of communists to knowingly bend facts and lie to influence public opinion as they have done throughout history. Its in their political takeover rulebook).

Maybe Beck isn't a liar and tomorrow Van Jones will say he is a communist. Would that make you a liar because of what you said earlier? Or would that just make you incorrect?

Look, it isn't really that hard. He may believe someone is a communist, but that is a belief. Once he says someone is without proving it, without have factual information, undisputed, that's a lie. When did people forget what lying is? He didn't say I think he might be a communist, or that he doubts his change, or that he believes people never change. He stated he IS a communist right now as if he knew. That's lying.

And know, that wouldn't make Beck honest. He said something without support, and says things clearly incorrect. He decieves. he's not alone. Oberman does the same thing. Difference is, I'm not defending Oberman. ;)

Perhaps, assuming you can read minds. But that wasn't how Beck presented it. He presented an absolute that simply wasn't true. In other words, he lied.

Bla bla blabbedy bla bla bla, if he didn't repudiate his radicalism of his own volition before it became public then any apology or backtracking after the fact is nothing more than damage control and if you can't see that then you need your head examined.

Look, it isn't really that hard. He may believe someone is a communist, but that is a belief. Once he says someone is without proving it, without have factual information, undisputed, that's a lie. When did people forget what lying is? He didn't say I think he might be a communist, or that he doubts his change, or that he believes people never change. He stated he IS a communist right now as if he knew. That's lying.
You're right, it isn't that hard. What you are trying to do is call someone a liar because of his beliefs. You are being ridiculous. Who on earth says "it is my opinion that" or "it is my belief that" before every single thing they say?

A belief is something one feels to be true. It is not a lie to express a belief even if that belief is in reality not true. In the specific case of Van Jones, you are being completely absurd with your argument. What proof did Van Jones have to back up that he is no longer a communist? I belief he is lying. You believe Beck is lying. One of us is right. Yet you call Beck a liar without hesitating, not even saying "I believe" or "I think" Beck is a liar as you claim necessary for your opinions.

Bla bla blabbedy bla bla bla, if he didn't repudiate his radicalism of his own volition before it became public then any apology or backtracking after the fact is nothing more than damage control and if you can't see that then you need your head examined.

Didn't he?

So Jones was a self-avowed communist. But is he still? The answer lies in the very same article.

Even before the group disbanded in 2002, the Express article says, "Jones began transforming his politics and work..."

According to the article, "He took an objective look at the movement's effectiveness and decided that the changes he was seeking were actually getting farther away. Not only did the left need to be more unified, he decided, it might also benefit from a fundamental shift in tactics. 'I realized that there are a lot of people who are capitalists — shudder, shudder — who are really committed to fairly significant change in the economy, and were having bigger impacts than me and a lot of my friends with our protest signs,' he said."

In recent years, Jones established himself as a leading, charismatic cheerleader for transitioning the American economy to green jobs.

(snip)

But check out these two statements and see if this sounds like a communist.

This, from his book, The Green Collar Economy , released in October 2008:

"There will surely be an important role for nonprofit voluntary, cooperative, and community-based solutions," Jones writes on page 86. "But the reality is that we are entering an era during which our very survival will demand invention and innovation on a scale never before seen in the history of human civilization. Only the business community has the requisite skills, experience, and capital to meet that need. On that score, neither the government nor the nonprofit and voluntary sectors can compete, not even remotely.

"So in the end, our success and survival as a species are largely and directly tied to the new eco-entrepreneurs — and the success and survival of their enterprises. Since almost all of the needed eco-technologies are likely to come from the private sector, civic leaders and voters should do all that can be done to help green business leaders succeed. That means, in large part, electing leaders who will pass bills to aid them. We cannot realistically proceed without a strong alliance between the best of the business world — and everyone else."

PolitiFact | Glenn Beck says Van Jones is an avowed communist

You're right, it isn't that hard. What you are trying to do is call someone a liar because of his beliefs. You are being ridiculous. Who on earth says "it is my opinion that" or "it is my belief that" before every single thing they say?

A belief is something one feels to be true. It is not a lie to express a belief even if that belief is in reality not true. In the specific case of Van Jones, you are being completely absurd with your argument. What proof did Van Jones have to back up that he is no longer a communist? I belief he is lying. You believe Beck is lying. One of us is right. Yet you call Beck a liar without hesitating, not even saying "I believe" or "I think" Beck is a liar as you claim necessary for your opinions.

No, you misread. I'm calling him a liar because he lied. He stated something not as his personal belief, but as a fact. He deliberately misquotes and misrepresents. That's lying and not something in the domain of beliefs.

Didn't he?

So Jones was a self-avowed communist. But is he still? The answer lies in the very same article.

Even before the group disbanded in 2002, the Express article says, "Jones began transforming his politics and work..."

According to the article, "He took an objective look at the movement's effectiveness and decided that the changes he was seeking were actually getting farther away. Not only did the left need to be more unified, he decided, it might also benefit from a fundamental shift in tactics. 'I realized that there are a lot of people who are capitalists — shudder, shudder — who are really committed to fairly significant change in the economy, and were having bigger impacts than me and a lot of my friends with our protest signs,' he said."

In recent years, Jones established himself as a leading, charismatic cheerleader for transitioning the American economy to green jobs.

(snip)

But check out these two statements and see if this sounds like a communist.

This, from his book, The Green Collar Economy , released in October 2008:

"There will surely be an important role for nonprofit voluntary, cooperative, and community-based solutions," Jones writes on page 86. "But the reality is that we are entering an era during which our very survival will demand invention and innovation on a scale never before seen in the history of human civilization. Only the business community has the requisite skills, experience, and capital to meet that need. On that score, neither the government nor the nonprofit and voluntary sectors can compete, not even remotely.

"So in the end, our success and survival as a species are largely and directly tied to the new eco-entrepreneurs — and the success and survival of their enterprises. Since almost all of the needed eco-technologies are likely to come from the private sector, civic leaders and voters should do all that can be done to help green business leaders succeed. That means, in large part, electing leaders who will pass bills to aid them. We cannot realistically proceed without a strong alliance between the best of the business world — and everyone else."

PolitiFact | Glenn Beck says Van Jones is an avowed communist

"We weren't able to find any recent interviews where Jones directly addresses the question of where he stands on communism."

Oops.

Anyways the article says that it was a pragmatic change of tactics not a change of goals nowhere does it provide one shred of evidence that Jones ever repudiated Communism in any way, shape, or form.

"We weren't able to find any recent interviews where Jones directly addresses the question of where he stands on communism."

Oops.

Anyways the article says that it was a pragmatic change of tactics not a change of goals nowhere does it provide one shred of evidence that Jones ever repudiated Communism in any way, shape, or form.

You skipped part:

According to the article, . . .

You skipped part:

According to the article, . . .

Oops, according to the article there is absolutely 0 evidence presented that he began transforing his politics and work, show me one scrap of evidence that Jones ever once repudiated his radicalism or denounced communism, I'll be waiting with baited breath.

Jon Stewart and Bill Maher are my guys.

The fact that so many liberals are obsessed with Beck screams volumes more than any of the "articles" they pose.

I think it's jealousy because nobody gives a damn about Matthews or Olbermann, as they're insignificant little insects in the political media scene.

I believe Beck is being attacked in a just way. Infact the initial start of this thread included a link attacking the 'Beck movement' with HIS own words. Surely that is fresh. This thread IS using the same tactics you describe as Beck using.

Last edited:
Oops, according to the article there is absolutely 0 evidence presented that he began transforing his politics and work, show me one scrap of evidence that Jones ever once repudiated his radicalism or denounced communism, I'll be waiting with baited breath.

That's not true. There is evidence a plenty that he is not following communist beliefs. Not only his book, but the very artilce that noted his past communist leanings. I'm afraid you have to willingly suspend disbelief not read and understand what is before you. Beck depends on that from his followers.

That's not true. There is evidence a plenty that he is not following communist beliefs. Not only his book, but the very artilce that noted his past communist leanings. I'm afraid you have to willingly suspend disbelief not read and understand what is before you. Beck depends on that from his followers.

If there is "evidence a plenty" you should have no problems providing some to back up your beliefs.

*crickets*

Nonsense. Part of being truthful is being accurate. There is a REAL difference between was and is. Nearly all deception begins witha little truth taken to an extreme. What amazes me most about Beck is how far he stretches little things and how willingly his followers suspend disbelief to accept his nonsense.

But, when Libs are wrong, you and your compatriots are silent.

But, when Libs are wrong, you and your compatriots are silent.

Wrong? Different than lying. But as I noted earlier, I don't defend Oberman. Your side defends Beck. That's a real difference.

You gotta link? I think you are being intellectually untruthdful! Besides it WAS his days as a self-avowed communist that attracted Obama's Administration:
Van Jones is NOT a Communist? OK.. BUT as Valarie Jarret was quoted "They" had been watching him SINCE HE WAS... and liked what they saw.

JARRETT: "Oooh. Van Jones, alright! So, Van Jones. We were so delighted to be able to recruit him into the White House. We were watching him, uh, really, he’s not that old, for as long as he’s been active out in Oakland.
And all the creative ideas he has. And so now, we have captured that. And we have all that energy in the White House."

OK that puts the Van Jones thing to Bed as well what Obama looks for in an employee.. and you damnwell knew this... so why do you still defend him?

You gotta link? I think you are being intellectually untruthdful! Besides it WAS his days as a self-avowed communist that attracted Obama's Administration:
Van Jones is NOT a Communist? OK.. BUT as Valarie Jarret was quoted "They" had been watching him SINCE HE WAS... and liked what they saw.

JARRETT: "Oooh. Van Jones, alright! So, Van Jones. We were so delighted to be able to recruit him into the White House. We were watching him, uh, really, he’s not that old, for as long as he’s been active out in Oakland.
And all the creative ideas he has. And so now, we have captured that. And we have all that energy in the White House."

OK that puts the Van Jones thing to Bed as well what Obama looks for in an employee.. and you damnwell knew this... so why do you still defend him?

There's a link in the opening article, which also notes the article explainig his communist roots. That very article notes him changing. All you have to do is read and investigate.

Back
Top Bottom