• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

O'Donnell wins Delaware

That's funny. I though most Independents were Independents because they are not happy with EITHER party.

At least that's why I'm an Independent. And don't count your chickens before they hatch. I'm more unhappy with the part of "no, and let's screw this president every chance we get -- so we have a republican in the Whitehouse next time -- the country be damned."

I am an independent but a conservative. This means I would vote for a conservative

Until the GOP purges their party of the evangelical big government social conservative agenda...they will remain a minority party.

No when they get back to listening to them they will take back power

If an Evangelical Christian gets elected....so be it. As for your question, Do I think that social conservatives should have representation in government? If I had my way, no. I think that their big government social agenda is completely contrary to everything that this country represents. If the GOP were to return to the roots of "conservatism" aka the Barry Goldwater platform, that would be a "True Conservative" platform that actually might garner some respect.

libs are just as bad as bible thumpers when it comes to faith based governing. they just worship big government rather than some sort of GOd and they tend to cost us far more money and freedom than the brain paralyzed bible thumpers

If that is the case, then we still win. The Dem's hold all three houses, so in an open type seat...

um... let's see...

Senate

House or Representative

Peanut Gallery?
:3oops::3oops:

as of now that appears to be correct but I just watched a bunch of pollsters who said its not a sure bet for dems

I wonder how many Dems crossed over to vote for O'Donnell.

Nice . I joined a tea party two days ago good to see people getting nervous and seeing what Boehner and co. is really all about the staus quo- On with the revolution of 2010!

All the GOP needs to do is go back to their conservative roots

Which ones, the anti-slavery Whigs or the Free-Soil Democrats?

The early Republicans were very progressive with free homesteads for farmers...

"Free Soil, Free Labor, Free Men"

Those roots weren't very conservative.

delaware was a closed primary, no dems, no independents

this was sposed to hurt ms odonnell who was said to be stronger with I's than was mr castle

i know, independent demographics have radically changed

thanks, once more, to barry hussein

delaware voters who preferred mr castle are stuck with a choice---they clearly want to send their message of NO to washington, but...

can they live with ms odonnell, that's the question

it's the same in nevada

Why is conservative vs liberal the only choice that qualifies as a "real choice"? Why is liberal vs moderate, or moderate vs conservative, not "real choices"? Why is moderate automatically "liberal-lite"?

This whole post makes no sense.
Cause Moderates that vote with the Dem's on big issues like Abortion, Cap and Trade, Tax Hikes, UHC, Big Gov't domestic spending, gun control laws...

AREN'T worth the vote FOR.

I wonder how many Dems crossed over to vote for O'Donnell.

Oh damn Dan, how's it feel to have your theory burst like a balloon?

Who can vote in a primary?
Only Democrats can vote in the Democratic Primary.
Only Republicans can vote in the Republican Primary.
August 21 is the last day to register to vote before the Primary.
The deadline to change party affiliation was March 30.
You can change your party affiliation after the Primary.
Return to top
Primary Election: September 14, 2010

That means REPUBLICANS rejected your moderate and chose the "hard right crazy Tea Party" lady.

People like you, and those that you like, are getting rejected hand over fist.

Which they don't intend to do. The national party is refusing to back O'Donnell. Time for the Tea Party to put the hurt on the GOP, and make them see the light.

Yep! Your link said she would have to depend on Palin and the Tea Party Express for funding. LOL, I have a feeling they are wrong. For one thing she thanked several Deleware Tea parties including the 9/12ers for their support. Now there are going to be tea partiers from all over the country sending what the can, if for no other reason than to send a message to the republicans who are refusing to back her. I can spare 10 bucks for her and 10 for Angle.

Two years ago in 2008 O'Donnell ran for Senate, same as she's doing now, and lost with only 34% of the vote.

I wouldnt hold out much hope on a 20% change, especially considering how Blue Delaware is. But she did surprise me by winning the primary.

It was a closed primary, there was no crossovers.

You've got to see this video:

I can't watch video on this but think i saw the same one on MSNBC. Do you think it will hurt her? Maddow thought it was a big hoot as did Olbermann.

Two years ago in 2008 O'Donnell ran for Senate, same as she's doing now, and lost with only 34% of the vote.

I wouldnt hold out much hope on a 20% change, especially considering how Blue Delaware is. But she did surprise me by winning the primary.

That was before Obama policies and before the tea party came to the rescue. :)

That was before Obama policies and before the tea party came to the rescue. :)

Well its nothing set in stone, but Delaware is a pretty damn Blue State. I doubt Delaware thinks they are in need of rescuing, but hey who knows.

Back
Top Bottom