• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

O'Donnell said China plotting to take over US

Did you ****ing seriously just call me a liberal?

Conservative mob mentality. "I'm a conservative, so anyone who disagrees with me on any subject must be a liberal/RINO."

Yeah, because someone's listed political affiliation is so important.

Well, if you are implying that some in here lie about their affiliation as seen on the board, I have no doubt that is true. But if you are saying that a person can't pick up on what another poster believes ideologically based on what is written and how things are framed, I would say that only the foolish, and easily led believe that. No offense.

j-mac

I don't think that it is a stretch of the imagination to say that China already exercises an unhealthy level of economic power over the U.S. thanks to our spending addiction.

But that's not what she said. Unless you're responding to something someone else said, in which case just disregard me. LOL

I mean, the woman is ****ing nuts. I don't care if she's a witch, in fact it would be points in her favor if she WERE. But when she goes on saying stupid **** about devil worship and sacrificial altars and whatnot, then she's clearly out of her mind and/or she certainly wasn't associated with a coven.

Does China hold some power over us economically? Without a doubt. But are they planning for a US takeover? Unlikely. And even if they were, it could be logical for her to surmise that from certain economic or even military standpoints, but no. She says she's privy to information that apparently no one else in the ****ing govt is privvy to. And, how did she come across this doube top secret info? From missionairies. WTF? I didn't know Christian missionairies were double top secret agents of the government and held classified information. LOL

Masturbation should be illegal?
Condoms cause AIDS?

I mean, you just can't make this **** up.

I swear to ****ing god, as much as I hate Hillary, at least she doesn't make my gender look like crazy ass psycho bitches without a clue the way Palin and this woman do.

(and I wasn't ranting at you Cat, just ranting in general. ROFL)

Last edited:
Conservative mob mentality. "I'm a conservative, so anyone who disagrees with me on any subject must be a liberal/RINO."

That's way too easy an explanation. Put some effort into it, and maybe you can come off looking at least not so hyper.

j-mac

But that's not what she said. Unless you're responding to something someone else said, in which case just disregard me. LOL

I mean, the woman is ****ing nuts. I don't care if she's a witch, in fact it would be points in her favor if she WERE. But when she goes on saying stupid **** about devil worship and sacrificial altars and whatnot, then she's clearly out of her mind and/or she certainly wasn't associated with a coven.

Does China hold some power over us economically? Without a doubt? But are they planning for a US takeover? Unlikely. And even if they were, it could be logical for her to surmise that from certain economic or even military standpoints, but no. She says she's privy to information that apparently no one else in the ****ing govt is privvy to. And, how did she come across this doube top secret info? From missionairies. WTF? I didn't know Christian missionairies were double top secret agents of the government and held classified information. LOL

Masturbation should be illegal?
Condoms cause AIDS?

I mean, you just can't make this **** up.

I swear to ****ing god, as much as I hate Hillary, at least she doesn't make my gender look like crazy ass psycho bitches without a clue the way Palin and this woman do.

(and I wasn't ranting at you Cat, just ranting in general. ROFL)

Are you really going to take the word of far left nut jobs like Bill Mahr, and Olberman using clips of when this woman was 19 or 20 yrs old?

I take back the liberal charge, and apologize for it. I don't think you're a liberal.

j-mac

That's way too easy an explanation. Put some effort into it, and maybe you can come off looking at least not so hyper.

j-mac

Absolutism seems to be a trend in conservatives. They don't seem to see a difference between a moderate liberal and a full-blown communist. We're talking about the sort of people who labeled Karl Rove a RINO.

Absolutism seems to be a trend in conservatives. They don't seem to see a difference between a moderate liberal and a full-blown communist. We're talking about the sort of people who labeled Karl Rove a RINO.

Oh, so there is an ism for it...great. so shall we add this to the other ism's that liberals love to throw at conservatives in their name calling rants?

j-mac

Oh, so there is an ism for it...great. so shall we add this to the other ism's that liberals love to throw at conservatives in their name calling rants?

j-mac

Hypocrisy at it's most clear and concise.

Are you really going to take the word of far left nut jobs like Bill Mahr, and Olberman using clips of when this woman was 19 or 20 yrs old?

I take back the liberal charge, and apologize for it. I don't think you're a liberal.

j-mac

I'm not taking THEIR word, I'm taking her OWN words that I watched her say herself. I just watched her new campaign ad this morning. The first thing she says? "I'm not a witch." ****ing seriously?? THAT is what she's opening her campaign ad with? I'm not a witch? I seriously just wanted to beat my head on my coffee table. I feel sorry for her, she's a joke. But I feel even sorrier for my country that people like her are put into positions where they could have actual power in this country. It's really scary.

China, like any other state on a trajectory toward great power status, is seeking to improve its offensive and defensive capabilities. That it is matching itself against other great powers (Russia and the U.S.) for contextual purposes is no surprise. What would be a surprise would be if the U.S. were simply resting content with existing body protection technology rather than aggressively seeking to remain ahead of the innovation curve.

Thats why its important, the US stays ahead of the curve

Like I said. When the time is right, they won't care about biting the hand that feeds them. That is their strength and our blindness. We think that because they are making so much money off of us, they won't want to upset the applecart.

1 Their government is concerned first about power and growth, not money

2 They'll accept the short term economic impact because it will effect the people, not the leadership

3 They don't have to keep the masses happy to get re-elected.

They don't want to keep selling to us, they want to supplant us. To be us, i.e. the biggest ****ing dog on the block.

We are also becoming rivals for the same resource, oil. The world isn't close to running out of oil, so the price of oil hasn't gone up because of low supply, rather its higher demand. That and the fact that we haven't built a new oil refinery in 30 years.

Take a look at this map....

mapw.gif

China is also dependent on oil from the middle east. This is their major area of vulnerability. Oil travels by ship and it has to go through the Indonesian straits where it is vulnerable to interdiction. Hell, its vulnerable all the way to a major sea power like the US. So in the long term, look for a couple of developments. First, some kind of an oil pipeline deal, possibly with Iran, maybe with the southern muslim states of the former Soviet Union. Second, or maybe in place of it, a move on the Spratly Islands. The Spratleys are located in the South China Sea between Vietnam and the Phillipines. They are claimed by all three countries, plus Taiwan and Malaysia because of the oil that lies beneath them. They aren't a good area for maritime operations by deep water navies because of the shallow waters and a bunch of reefs and shoals.

Like I said....Germany's largest trading partner in 1940 was France. However, that didn't stop them from starting a war. Japan's largest trading partner in 1940 was the US.

Nazi Germany's economy focused on autarky. They raised tariffs. The government tried to come up with synthetic alternatives to things like oil and rubber so they could avoid world trade. Lebensbraum was Hitler's main way of expanding markets.

We don't learn from history. We sold Japan the steel and resources they needed to militarize. When we cut them off due to their aggression in China it was too late. They had already built their military and then decided that they had no choice but to go to war for the resources they considered their due, or sink back to being a second or third rate nation. They chose Pearl Harbor.

The main reason why they were pissed at us, was our embargo on oil, coal and steel. Japan had been a major military power since 1905 when they whipped the Russians in the Russo-Japanese War. Their goal to expand markets and economic opportunity was, like Nazi Germany, conquering other nations. A cursory look at these states shows that they were more interested in conquest than international trade.

We dump billions and billions of dollars into the Chinese economy, which they in turn use to purchase military technology from abroad and improve their own production capability.

In the real world, it isn't just dollars, cents, yuan and the profit margin. It is national survival.

China is becoming a world power, it is only natural that they want to modernize their military.

Pure logic doesn't apply to international relations. Most wars of aggression are not logical, they are emotional, and they assume results that are usually more hopeful than rational, Jet

Neither does pure insanity. China's government has shown itself to be more interested in economic development than conquest and more pragmatic than ideological. Them going to war with us is like a bank giving you a home mortgage, and then trying to light the house you bought on fire. Going to war with us means losing $160,000,000,000 dollars in exports; all that foreign direct investment, I'm sure India or some other country would gladly take it, and do you really think that we'd pay back our treasury debt to them after a war? China is very interested in keeping its trade with us. Why else do you think its currency is so undervalued?

China doesn't have to take over our country. We are selling it off to them by shipping over our manufacturing industry, borrowing enormous amounts of money from them, and establishing an enormous trade deficit year after year.

Pure logic doesn't apply to international relations. Most wars of aggression are not logical, they are emotional, and they assume results that are usually more hopeful than rational, Jet

Im afraid you are absolutely incorrect. Wars have been waged over economic incentive and competition and calculation since the 1600s.

Preach it, sister. I'd like her better if she were a witch, too. At least it would be novel and interesting.

Why would China want to go to war against us? They don't need to defeat us.

They will slowly own us.

So you agree with O'Donnell.

For the record, I see nothing wrong with mistrusting China.

Last edited:
Newsflash: China doesn't care about us. Freaking out like were going to be in WWIII is going to cause trouble.

Newsflash: China doesn't care about us. Freaking out like were going to be in WWIII is going to cause trouble.

but they do care about Taiwan don't they? And that involves us doesn't it?

j-mac

Really? Not THE Matt Taibbi? .... You mean this Matt Taibbi?

Yes. The Matt Taibi that wrote an article making fun of the death of the pope.

And liberals love to say that conservatives live in an echo chamber of their own ideas......

j-mac

Well, I guess black comedy is a liberal trait. As opposed to stupidity. Which belongs solely to Conservatives.

Yes. The Matt Taibi that wrote an article making fun of the death of the pope.

I thought so...Well consider the source I always say....

Well, I guess black comedy is a liberal trait. As opposed to stupidity. Which belongs solely to Conservatives.

so all conservatives are stupid...Very nice. I guess I'll take that over just being a jack ass.

j-mac

Back
Top Bottom