• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

O'Donnell raises $500K... umm $675K... I mean over $750K in first day!

Well... the only thing to be afraid of... Is if people vote for her.

In case you haven't noticed.

She's bat **** crazy, and I believe un-electable.

But still, I'll hold my breath, this is the country that voted for Bush...

Twice... :2razz:

Well... the only thing to be afraid of... Is if people vote for her.

In case you haven't noticed.

She's bat **** crazy, and I believe un-electable.

But still, I'll hold my breath, this is the country that voted for Bush...

I agree that she has a lot of problems, but the thing that makes me hesitate is that she's not quite the same as most new tea party candidates.

The bulk of those candidates are new to politics, have never been tested, and are going against entrenched incumbents. O'Donnell ran statewide in 06, has already been hit with all these criticisms, and is running against someone who has never run statewide before. I certainly don't think she'll pull it off, but it's not outside the realm of possibility.

I agree that she has a lot of problems, but the thing that makes me hesitate is that she's not quite the same as most new tea party candidates.

The bulk of those candidates are new to politics, have never been tested, and are going against entrenched incumbents. O'Donnell ran statewide in 06, has already been hit with all these criticisms, and is running against someone who has never run statewide before. I certainly don't think she'll pull it off, but it's not outside the realm of possibility.

I agree with this assessment 200%

It's now up to $790,000... At this rate, she'll hit the million dollar mark by morning.

What this tells me, is that America is sick and tired of typical politicians and are willing to take a chance on anyone who might actually represent the people, rather than a political party or their own self interests.

UPDATE:

It just went up another $10K in the last 7 minutes.... Hard to keep up.

http://christine2010.com/

Last edited:
Add another 20 grand to the total, which is at $820,000 now.

If she cared about her party, she'd have withdrew from the race.

There's very little chance for her to win a general election. Shes rabidly conservative, even pushing for a literal interpretation of Genesis to be taught in schools and she opposes ALL abortion, even in cases of rape or incest. She may appeal to the teabaggers, but she's a little too nutty for most people to vote for.

She'll push moderate Republicans and conservative-leaning moderates away from the Republicans.

Last edited:

There's very little chance for her to win a general election. Shes rabidly conservative, even pushing for a literal interpretation of Genesis to be taught in schools and she opposes ALL abortion, even in cases of rape or incest. She may appeal to the teabaggers, but she's a little too nutty for most people to vote for.

She'll push moderate Republicans and conservative-leaning moderates away from the Republicans.

This isn't about the republican party, it's about taking the country back from the scumbags in Washington who hijacked it.

The American public has had enough... Can't you see that?

Most of the controversial things that she said or did happened 15 years ago. I'm not sure if she still stands by all of them, but if she comes out with more moderate stances on some of those issues, I don't think it will be that bad for her.

Her opponent once wrote an article about how he considered himself a Marxist, so he'll have a hard time calling her out for changing her stances.

This isn't about the republican party, it's about taking the country back from the scumbags in Washington who hijacked it.

Ok, tone down the rhetoric. Stuff's toxic, ya know.

Most of the controversial things that she said or did happened 15 years ago. I'm not sure if she still stands by all of them, but if she comes out with more moderate stances on some of those issues, I don't think it will be that bad for her.

Her opponent once wrote an article about how he considered himself a Marxist, so he'll have a hard time calling her out for changing her stances.
So...what SHE said 15 years ago doesnt matter but what HE said 15 years ago DOES matter....not really following the logic on this.

So...what SHE said 15 years ago doesnt matter but what HE said 15 years ago DOES matter....not really following the logic on this.

What she said in the past matters to some degree, just like what he said in the past matters to some degree. Presumably, if he's attacked because of that article, he'll say it was a youthful indiscretion and that his position has changed in the interim. I assume that if she's attacked because of some of her more egregious stances, she'll say that it was a youthful indiscretion and that her positions have changed in the interim.

If both candidates do that, neither candidate will have much of an incentive to attack the other as a flip flopper, nor will they have much credibility should they try. Accordingly, I don't think her past statements will be as much of an issue in this race as they would be in a race where her opponent were not facing the same situation.

Great Rick Santorum with tits:roll:

That will work real well if she fails to get to Washington, which if far and away the most likely thing to happen.

Question is how much of the money is from out of state...... I would wager a huge portion is.

Well as long as all the non-masturbators vote for her she'll definitely win! :lamo

I wonder how much of this money is coming from in state vs out of state. If that money is solely coming from in state, it is certainly telling of a high amount of enthousiasm among those who are likely to vote. If the majority comes from out of state, it may not have as much meaning.

(edit: I didn't notice that pete already raised this point)

Hmmm.

I'm not believing the exploding influx $$'s purely because I'm a pessimist.

I never believe Obama's mega numbers right away, either.

Well as long as all the non-masturbators vote for her she'll definitely win! :lamo

Seriously though, what's wrong with promoting not masturbating? Just, asking. I mean, I don't see what the big deal about believing in self control is. I think it's awfully naive to believe people can control certain urges, but...

I see her stance as more one of self control than anything else.

Ok, tone down the rhetoric. Stuff's toxic, ya know.
Unless it's YOUR Rhetoric?

Seriously though, what's wrong with promoting not masturbating? Just, asking. I mean, I don't see what the big deal about believing in self control is. I think it's awfully naive to believe people can control certain urges, but...

I see her stance as more one of self control than anything else.

There's self control, and then there's going against human nature. It's like campaigning against exercising. Sure you can do it, but it's not healthy.

There's self control, and then there's going against human nature. It's like campaigning against exercising. Sure you can do it, but it's not healthy.

Humans are animals, that doesn't mean we have to act like them.

Back
Top Bottom