• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

O'Donnell: Condoms 'anti-human'

Jetboogieman

Somewhere in Babylon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The trickle of media hits featuring embarrassing quotes from Christine O’Donnell continued Thursday with the release of statements from 2002 and 2006 that condoms are “anti-human” and “will not protect you from AIDS.”

Both quotes were dug up by the liberal Media Matters and will help Democrats feed a narrative against O’Donnell, the surprise winner of the Republican nomination for Delaware’s Senate seat.

In a 2006 interview on Fox News’s “The O’Reilly Factor,” the devout Catholic contended that condom use is “anti-human.”

“And what ... if the population is increasing, so what?” O’Donnell said. “People aren't bad. When did humans become a bad thing? Why is it that we have to, you know, stop people from getting pregnant?”

The website also found a 2002 quote from the "Phil Donahue Show" in which O’Donnell claims condoms do not prevent the transmission of HIV, the virus known to cause AIDS.

In a discussion centered on AIDS relief in Africa, O’Donnell declared that “condoms will not protect you from AIDS."

"So to just throw a bunch of condoms over to Africa and say, 'Here, we're helping you with AIDS,' is just going to further the spread of AIDS over there,” she said.

Well that settles it.

She's an idiot.

Nough said.

If condoms didn't work. Oh boy would I be in trouble... :roll:

**** you for saying that O'Donnell.

Condoms work you moron.

After reading what I have read about her, I don't think anything would surprise me about her anymore.

Its just so sad.

She says she has matured in her beliefs. But look at where she is coming from

I'm currently going through pre-cana (catholic pre-marriage counciling) with my sorta catholic fiance (not really catholic but was raised and wants to get married in a catholic church) and the deacon that we are going through is a very smart guy, used to be a top engineer for exxon, oversaw the building of a few of their factories in europe, is well traveled etc... but he actually told us that it's fact that condoms do nothing to prevent pregnancy or the spread of aids which is why only abstinence only education is so important, not only here but even in africa.

It's sad that this lady thinks this, but it's even worse that so many people believe it.

Well techically, there is a small % rate of failure with condoms even when used properly. SO, in that respect, condoms can not guarantee you protection from HIV or pregnancy (the latter being an oft used arguement by the pro-choice crowd in support of abortion). Using them beats the hell out of nothing but they do sometimes break, leak or slip off.

and anything that comes from "media matters" has to be taken with a big grain of salt.

"So to just throw a bunch of condoms over to Africa and say, 'Here, we're helping you with AIDS,' is just going to further the spread of AIDS over there,” she said.

that is really a fairly accurate statement.

This goes in the same file as McCain admitting he didnt even know how to turn a computer on; leaders should have at least a functional knowledge of certain subjects and that includes knowing how a ****ing condom works and why it's a good idea to use one.

Well techically, there is a small % rate of failure with condoms even when used properly. SO, in that respect, condoms can not guarantee you protection from HIV or pregnancy (the latter being an oft used arguement by the pro-choice crowd in support of abortion). Using them beats the hell out of nothing but they do sometimes break, leak or slip off.

and anything that comes from "media matters" has to be taken with a big grain of salt.

Yea, neither of her statements seems particularly controversial if you consider the context. But hey, that doesn't make headlines.

well, THAT explains a lot.
Latex condoms, when used consistently and correctly, are highly effective in preventing heterosexual sexual transmission of HIV, the virus that causes AIDS. Research on the effectiveness of latex condoms in preventing heterosexual transmission is both comprehensive and conclusive. The ability of latex condoms to prevent transmission has been scientifically established in laboratory studies as well as in epidemiologic studies of uninfected persons at very high risk of infection because they were involved in sexual relationships with HIV-infected partners.
- Center For Disease Control And Prevention

yeah, not ****ing is still the best way to avoid viral infection as well as pregnancy. it is also virtually inhuman.

geo.

Last edited:
This goes in the same file as McCain admitting he didnt even know how to turn a computer on; leaders should have at least a functional knowledge of certain subjects and that includes knowing how a ****ing condom works and why it's a good idea to use one.

or claiming there are 57 states in the Union

or claiming there are 57 states in the Union

yeah, good point.

i would put not knowing how many ****ing states there are in the union on an even par with not knowing how a condom works.

some **** you should just know.

I swear, you should have to pass a ****ing IQ test to run for any political office.

you don't know the capital of Idaho? too bad, better luck next time.

Last edited:
yeah, good point.

i would put not knowing how many ****ing states there are in the union on an even par with not knowing how a condom works.

some **** you should just know.

Yeah, one gets you an F on a geography test and the other gets you a life threatening disease.

Yeah, one gets you an F on a geography test and the other gets you a life threatening disease.

I don't think Ms ODonnell engages in unprotected anal sex with AIDS infected men. But I am sure John Stewart or other dem lapdogs will probably claim she does.

Last edited:
It was not a slip up it was intentional. He was telling a joke. You can even hear him take a long pause and get a laugh.

YouTube - Obama Claims He's Visited 57 States
Slip up or joke, it makes little difference; it's nowhere near as bad as freely admitting you have NO IDEA how the vast majority of anything works in the world you plan to try and run and publically stating that a proven form of birth control is bad and doesnt work.

Slip up or joke, it makes little difference; it's nowhere near as bad as freely admitting you have NO IDEA how the vast majority of anything works in the world you plan to try and run and publically stating that a proven form of birth control is bad and doesnt work.

I believe that O'Donnell really believes that. Her parents and school should be blamed. I would suggest she look at the science, but given that she is a young earth creationist, she probably wouldn't be too convinced.

And in some cases it would have been an even better idea if their parents had known how to use one properly

Hey O'Donnell! Abstinence and avoiding masturbation. How'd that work out for those Catholic pedophile priests, huh?

Regards from Rosie

Hey O'Donnell! Abstinence and avoiding masturbation. How'd that work out for those Catholic pedophile priests, huh?

Regards from Rosie

No kiddin'. Matter of fact, I be interested in knowing how that philosophy has worked out for any group of human beings.

No kiddin'. Matter of fact, I be interested in knowing how that philosophy has worked out for any group of human beings.

It is pretty ignorant to suggest that everyone who practices abstinence and avoids masturbation is a padeophile or is somehow an unfulfilled incompetent adult.

One thing that people ignore or fail to realize is that most people who commit to abstinence and/or avoidence of masturbation are more than aware that failure is not uncommon. Most of them realize that as humans we are not infallible. But it is not the end of the world nor a reason to give up on their commitment or stop believing that abstinence is the best option. Frequency of sexual activity without question is a large factor in unwanted pregnancy and contracting sexually transmitted disease despite the use of a condom.

It is pretty ignorant to suggest that everyone who practices abstinence and avoids masturbation is a padeophile or is somehow an unfulfilled incompetent adult.

One thing that people ignore or fail to realize is that most people who commit to abstinence and/or avoidence of masturbation are more than aware that failure is not uncommon. Most of them realize that as humans we are not infallible. But it is not the end of the world nor a reason to give up on their commitment or stop believing that abstinence is the best option. Frequency of sexual activity without question is a large factor in unwanted pregnancy and contracting sexually transmitted disease despite the use of a condom.

I didn't suggest that everyone who practices abstinence or avoidance of masturbation is a pedophile. I'm questioning O'Donnell concerning the unlawfulness, immorality and hypocrisy of having Catholic pedophile PRIESTS and then telling everyone else how they should behave.

Are you ignorant of the fact that the Catholic Church protects and hides its pedophile priests to this day in order to keep them from facing appropriate legal action against them?

Regards from Rosie

I didn't suggest that everyone who practices abstinence or avoidance of masturbation is a pedophile. I'm questioning O'Donnell concerning the unlawfulness, immorality and hypocrisy of having Catholic pedophile PRIESTS and then telling everyone else how they should behave.

Are you ignorant of the fact that the Catholic Church protects and hides its pedophile priests to this day in order to keep them from facing appropriate legal action against them?

Regards from Rosie

The current Pope has recommitted to stopping this and getting help for the victims. Now if we can get those in the Republican Party to do the same! (oops! did I say that out loud?)

Back
Top Bottom