• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Odds of Acosta being called on for questions at future White House press conf./daily briefings?

Will Acosta get to ask questions at future White House pressers?

• Total voters

MrMike

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I wonder if Acosta gets his pass back and is able to attend future White House events (daily briefings or conferences) will Acosta get the privilege of being called on to ask questions often (if at all)?

I don't think a court can regulate that.

Press conferences are now a sorority house.

I wonder if Acosta gets his pass back and is able to attend future White House events (daily briefings or conferences) will Acosta get the privilege of being called on to ask questions often (if at all)?

No and why doesn't CNN just put another faux-journalist in there?

Does it matter? Cant we expect him to yell out his questions uncalled upon?

This is America @2018 after all...

Decency is out the window...

CANT HAVE THAT!

No and why doesn't CNN just put another faux-journalist in there?

Why? So Trump can just whine like a toddler and kick them out, too, when that person asks a question he cannot immediately handle with narcissist-laced hyperbole?

Oh I think they will take Acosta's questions along with the other jerks who turn the pressers into a joke and when they start their crap they will do exactly what the WH said they will do and that is end the presser. After that happens just once the one showing their arse will feel the wrath from the other "journalists".

Yes because Trump does not like to lose and cannot help himself.
Now should Acosta be on his best behavior, no, should he tone it down and not become the story, but report the story, yes.

Imo if it's a presser with Trump he'll call on him and then attempt carry on his dislike for Acosta by either giving a non answer or doing something like he did with the female reporter. "What a stupid question".

You are very right. Since the President's declaration of calling CNN fake news, this buildup was to be expected. He will probably never be called on again.

Trump knew Acosta was pushy when he called on him. There is no doubt that eventually, he'll call on Acosta again, almost certainly just to pick another fight.

Yes, Acosta will definitely be called on and quickly. If I were doing the presser, I'd get the unpleasant part over with asap. Just get it over with and hope Acosta can control himself afterwards.

I hope the WH can work around him in a smarter fashion. I think they've tried repeatedly, but they haven't hit on the right buttons to push. I think those buttons are to get as many of the other journalists on board to let Acosta know that he's dragging them ALL down, and let peer pressure take over.

Sarah Sander's next move will be key. Hope it can bring peace all around.

No, they can't regulate that but don't give the Democrats any more lamebrain ideas. ;)

And you're right, it would be a privilege to be called on. It's not a right.

That's all Donald and Sarah needed to do anyway -- not call on him for the past two years.

:shrug:

This and similar threads: brought to you by the same people who claimed it violated free speech for Hogg to call for a boycott.

I just can't imagine Donnie Twitter or the Shuckabee passing on the opportunity to cause yet another televised scene with Acosta.

No doubt it is being planned and gamed beforehand. The Trump WH simply cannot stomach a judicial victory for the "enemy of the people" national media.

This and similar threads: brought to you by the same people who claimed it violated free speech for Hogg to call for a boycott.

Try to focus on the poll subject. If you wish to make a Hogg poll go create one. Good luck.

That's all Donald and Sarah needed to do anyway -- not call on him for the past two years.

:shrug:

I’d just ignore Acosta. He’s not worth it. He can pull his stories from the press pool feed.

I just can't imagine Donnie Twitter or the Shuckabee passing on the opportunity to cause yet another televised scene with Acosta.

No doubt it is being planned and gamed beforehand. The Trump WH simply cannot stomach a judicial victory for the "enemy of the people" national media.

"Lying Fake news enemy of the people" - Corrected for accuracy.

They shouldn't HAVE to allow him in there; the courts are overstepping their bounds once again...

IF he is forced in there again, the odds of him being called on will be none to none.

I’d just ignore Acosta. He’s not worth it. He can pull his stories from the press pool feed.

It's not in Trump to ignore things though.

I could see Sanders going about business as usual unless Trump specifically tells her to leave Acosta for him to deal with.

Trump will still call on him. Every fairy tale needs both heroes and villains. And they both need each other to exist.

Not likely.

When that happens I bet Acosta makes a scene.

Oh I think they will take Acosta's questions along with the other jerks who turn the pressers into a joke and when they start their crap they will do exactly what the WH said they will do and that is end the presser. After that happens just once the one showing their arse will feel the wrath from the other "journalists".

Why do you hate the freedom of the press?

Back
Top Bottom