• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Odds of Acosta being called on for questions at future White House press conf./daily briefings?

Will Acosta get to ask questions at future White House pressers?

• Total voters
I honestly don’t know. There are several possible ways it could go and they are all hilarious.

I wonder if Acosta gets his pass back and is able to attend future White House events (daily briefings or conferences) will Acosta get the privilege of being called on to ask questions often (if at all)?

I don't think a court can regulate that.

I didn't find your poll choices fitting my answer, so I picked none.

Whether or not Jim Acosta gets a question at the next news conference IS the news from that news conference. That will be the news of the day. Donald the grand press manipulator is well aware of that. So it's up to Trump to decide whether he would like 24/7 coverage of his avoidance of Jim Acosta, or if he would like to behave like a grownup and attempt to answer a question. I'm not really expecting Trump to meet that challenge. He'll probably accept a question, not answer it, and then become petulant and move on to the next much more friendly reporter.

Why do you hate the freedom of the press?
LOL!
My post did not mention anything that resembles a hate for freedom of the press. In fact I am all for more free speech not grandstanding of one to deny another.

Just like all our freedoms, they come with personal responsibilities. When journalists show up and behave themselves and show the proper decorum that has been awarded all administrations things will run more smoothly. Nothing wrong with asking hard questions but there's a group of WH journalists that turn pressers into a circus. They have branched away from dealing with facts and now spin their opinions as facts. They grandstand expecting the presser to allow them to continue to ask multiple questions denying other journalist time to ask a question important to them.

This and similar threads: brought to you by the same people who claimed it violated free speech for Hogg to call for a boycott.

Try to focus on the poll subject. If you wish to make a Hogg poll go create one. Good luck.

If you want people to focus on a subject then don't make it a subject that you rendered meaningless when you loaded it.

It would further help if the way you didn't load the subject in such a way that it screamed out for another person to note its inherent hypocrisy.

You read the court's ruling and therefore have no idea what it was actually ruling on. To use your own misplaced term, you don't know what it is the court was trying to "regulate."

And if you had tried to read the ruling, you almost certainly don't have the training or experience to understand what is going on in it.

All your "subject" boiled down to was you going herr herr Trump pwned the librul

If you want people to focus on a subject then don't make it a subject that you rendered meaningless when you loaded it.

It would further help if the way you didn't load the subject in such a way that it screamed out for another person to note its inherent hypocrisy.

You read the court's ruling and therefore have no idea what it was actually ruling on. To use your own misplaced term, you don't know what it is the court was trying to "regulate."

And if you had tried to read the ruling, you almost certainly don't have the training or experience to understand what is going on in it.

All your "subject" boiled down to was you going herr herr Trump pwned the librul

You're attempting to dictate how he should make a thread? Really? :lol:
I don't think anyone has had difficulty focusing on the subject of the thread, but you.

Why? So Trump can just whine like a toddler and kick them out, too, when that person asks a question he cannot immediately handle with narcissist-laced hyperbole?

So tabloid reporters should just yell out questions, he constantly talks out of turn. April Ryan is another rude tabloid reporter.
Trump is the boss, it’s his house, remember when Obama had a reporter removed because he didn’t like the question, Obama said you can’t act that way,up in the House? But that’s probably different to liberals

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just can't imagine Donnie Twitter or the Shuckabee passing on the opportunity to cause yet another televised scene with Acosta.

No doubt it is being planned and gamed beforehand. The Trump WH simply cannot stomach a judicial victory for the "enemy of the people" national media.

Acosta is rude and you blame Trump, who do you blame for all the other reporters that wait to be called on and not interrupt their fellow reporters, don’t they have questions to ask?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Translation you just dropped in to whine and troll the poll. Got it! :peace

Why? So Trump can just whine like a toddler and kick them out, too, when that person asks a question he cannot immediately handle with narcissist-laced hyperbole?

Acosta wasn't asking questions, he was lecturing a sitting POTUS.

NOT a journalist.

I wonder if Acosta gets his pass back and is able to attend future White House events (daily briefings or conferences) will Acosta get the privilege of being called on to ask questions often (if at all)?

I think the likelihood is great that Acosta will be attending White press conferences for longer than Trump will be.

LOL!
My post did not mention anything that resembles a hate for freedom of the press. In fact I am all for more free speech not grandstanding of one to deny another.

Just like all our freedoms, they come with personal responsibilities. When journalists show up and behave themselves and show the proper decorum that has been awarded all administrations things will run more smoothly. Nothing wrong with asking hard questions but there's a group of WH journalists that turn pressers into a circus. They have branched away from dealing with facts and now spin their opinions as facts. They grandstand expecting the presser to allow them to continue to ask multiple questions denying other journalist time to ask a question important to them.

Obviously there are many ways to view what has been happening, and you have chosen to defend Trump.

An opposing view is that during press conferences when a journalist asks a question there is an expectation that it will be answered and that the answer will be the truth. Unfortunately that is not the case in this Administration. The president and his press secretary lie repeatedly, and if not outright lying give answers that are not completely true. The President also avoids answering questions that he does not like.

Now on to so called "proper decorum" I have not noticed journalists mocking democrats, citizens, critics and the press. There is some expectation that the President as leader of the country sets the standard of behavior at these events. If you are concerned about proper decorum, I would hope you have some advice for Mr. Trump.

The circus nature of press conferences has been brought about by the Administration, and journalists who shine a light on their lies should be congratulated.

No and why doesn't CNN just put another faux-journalist in there?

Hey, how about this? Why doesn't the WH take over HRS for every news outlet, tv and print media, hire only the people Trump approves to work there, then send them all the same list of "approved" questions that can be asked?

How cool would that be!!! Of course, even under Trump's personal SCOTUS, that pesky First Amendment would probably trump Trump, lol.

Pro-tip: The constitution is comprised of more than just the Second Amendment. You should read it some time.

I think it's possible Sarah or Trump will call on Jim Acosta for questions if every news agency sent their black reporters to the press conference. All black reporters and Jim Acosta, then he may call on Jim Acosta.

Pretty good considering the President has made him look like a "Little Bitch" every time they have tangled.

In the past, Acosta has been shouting over everyone else, even when NOT called upon. Now that he has the attention he’s been wanting, i believe it may be worse than before, especially if he never gets the spotlight

trump will call on Acosta the next time trump feels the need to fire up his base by beating up on the press. His slobbering supporters love that ****!

trump will call on Acosta the next time trump feels the need to fire up his base by beating up on the press. His slobbering supporters love that ****!

Perhaps. I suspect slack-jawed drooling progressives are at "pearl-clutch mode" ready in anticipation of such an event...

Perhaps. I suspect slack-jawed drooling progressives are at "pearl-clutch mode" ready in anticipation of such an event...

I'm not sure what you mean. When conservatives' unsatisfied wives come running to us we sometimes send them home with pearl necklaces. That must be what you're talking about.

So tabloid reporters should just yell out questions, he constantly talks out of turn.

Reporters yell out questions all the time no matter who is president. Obama showed how NOT to do it like a toddler:

April Ryan is another rude tabloid reporter.

You say tabloid reporter like it is a bad thing. Remember Trumpfan, Trump loves the tabloids, particularly the National Enquirer (or at least he did before David Pecker turned on him.)

Acosta wasn't asking questions, he was lecturing a sitting POTUS.

He made a statement that was preceding a question.

NOT a journalist.

Trump doesn't get to work until 11 and spends up to nine hours under 'executive time' (aka time with Twitter, Fox and Friends, etc.)

NOT a president.

Back
Top Bottom