• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Odd eating selections

I like to cover my Pizza in ketchup. Weird.

I love peanut butter and dill pickle sandwiches.

I do too. I have since I was a kid. My sons think I'm nuts, but I think there's more involved in that than just that particular sandwich.

We all have different tastes, some more unconventional than authors. There used to be a program called bizarre foods hosted by Andrew Zimmern. Some of that stuff shown can be repulsive!

Love that show, nice glimpse into different cultures.
Do you catch yourself saying "yep, i'd eat that", or "no way"?

I love to douse french fries with gravy.

:lol: that's what I was coming in here to post. I love them pickle and peanut butter sandwiches.

Damn. That makes three of us. Who knew there was a pickle and peanut butter sandwich underground?

I make my tuna fish up with Miracle Whip and sweet relish, and maybe some onions if I have some. Then make a sandwich or use it as a potato chip dip

LOL I do the exact same thing. Nothing odd about that. When I make a tuna sandwich its one can of tuna drained, two spoons of mayo and one spoon of relish and cracked black pepper.

As for odd selections, I like to put ketchup or Thai sweet chili sauce on mash potatoes, guacamole dip for my Chinese eggrolls and Philly cream cheese on my steak sandwiches.

Good with any type of pickles too, from Kosher dill to sweet baby gherkins. I think I actually prefer the sweet ones in my tuna though. :)

I add minced pickles or relish to my tuna fish. Is that strange? I'm not sure if other people do that or not.

Sure. That's two of the main ingredients to tuna salad.

:lol: that's what I was coming in here to post. I love them pickle and peanut butter sandwiches.

Hm.

Son Numbah One is a huge fan of pickles, and also likes PB&J. Perhaps I should mention this gastronomical oddity to him.

I make my tuna fish up with Miracle Whip and sweet relish, and maybe some onions if I have some. Then make a sandwich or use it as a potato chip dip

Hm.

Son Numbah One is a huge fan of pickles, and also likes PB&J. Perhaps I should mention this gastronomical oddity to him.

I like pickles. I like peanut butter, but I can't see me wanting to mix the two. :lol: Sounds nasty IMO.

A friend of mine eats PB&L(lettuce).

A friend of mine eats PB&L(lettuce).

I think that would be better than with pickles though. :lol: At least lettuce doesn't have much of a flavor.

I've never heard of anyone eating Peanut Butter and pickles, but now it sounds so popular, I gotta try it. It does sound really good with the toasted bread.

One thing I've seen a number of times that seems like a crime against nature is salt on watermelon. I realize I may be the only one in the world that feels this way, but I like the juicy freshness of the watermelon and it seems like salt would ruin that.

A small amount of salt actually enhances the flavor. Just don't overdo it.
What's really good, and something to do with peaches that aren't quite up to muster, is to half them, sprinkle with a bit of salt and grill them. Makes for a refreshing side dish.

I've never heard of anyone eating Peanut Butter and pickles, but now it sounds so popular, I gotta try it. It does sound really good with the toasted bread.

One thing I've seen a number of times that seems like a crime against nature is salt on watermelon. I realize I may be the only one in the world that feels this way, but I like the juicy freshness of the watermelon and it seems like salt would ruin that.

A small amount of salt actually enhances the flavor. Just don't overdo it.
What's really good, and something to do with peaches that aren't quite up to muster, is to half them, sprinkle with a bit of salt and grill them. Makes for a refreshing side dish.

I actually did that a couple of weeks ago one night, when I was already grilling steaks and asparagus. I didn't put salt on them, though - I drizzled them with honey and a smidge of balsamic vinegar. Awesome stuff. Awesome.

My ex-boyfriend used to put ketchup on mac and cheese. I hated when he did that. It ruins the mac and cheese! :lol:

I can't really think of anything else that I eat that's odd.

My ex-boyfriend used to put ketchup on mac and cheese. I hated when he did that. It ruins the mac and cheese! :lol:

I can't really think of anything else that I eat that's odd.

My uncle puts ketchup on friggin' everything.

Oh, it's epic.

Back
Top Bottom