• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

October Surprise Vaccine?

Will there be a Vaccine in time for the election?

• Yes, and it will be tested and ready

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Yes, but it will be rushed out prematurely

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Neither, but Trump will claim there is anyway to rake up a few last-minute votes

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Neither, but he'll keep promising it's 'coming soon'.

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

uptower

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Just wondering how Trump's promises of a vaccine just around the corner will play out. He's clearly 'cheerleading' ahead of the election. What can we expect in months to come?

Will a Vaccine be ready? Will he claim one is ready prematurely and rush it out? Will he simply make one up whether they have it or not? Will he keep promising it's coming soon?

whatever he says will be more excuses when it doesn't happen. It's the dems fault.

Just wondering how Trump's promises of a vaccine just around the corner will play out. He's clearly 'cheerleading' ahead of the election. What can we expect in months to come?

Will a Vaccine be ready? Will he claim one is ready prematurely and rush it out? Will he simply make one up whether they have it or not? Will he keep promising it's coming soon?

I bet the health care plan he's bringing out in the 'next short period of time' will cover the vaccine at 100%!

shrug...

Don't know. Will wait and see.

I don't consider it a political issue...but feel free to do so yourself if it makes you feel better.

This thread is what lying Trump NEEDS.

Controversy as a tactic.

shrug...

Don't know. Will wait and see.

I don't consider it a political issue...but feel free to do so yourself if it makes you feel better.

The whole pandemic has become a political issue as has the president's handling. Furthermore it is a campaign promise of Trump's (and Bidens) like it or not, to have a vaccine ready. Whenever asked about it that's his response, that it's coming soon. When a vaccine comes, he'll almost certainly claim credit for funding it and use it as an achievement to boast of. If it comes from a govt-assisted program he'll even deserve the bragging rights to an extent. So the question is not whether he'll hitch his wagon, but how much he might exploit the notion.

I don't think I could just come along and 'create' a 'political issue' out of it this late in the game. It's already on the table.

Maybe he'll wait to announce the availability of the vaccine on the same day as he announces the new and improved GOP health care plan?

The whole pandemic has become a political issue as has the president's handling. Furthermore it is a campaign promise of Trump's (and Bidens) like it or not, to have a vaccine ready. Whenever asked about it that's his response, that it's coming soon. When a vaccine comes, he'll almost certainly claim credit for funding it and use it as an achievement to boast of. If it comes from a govt-assisted program he'll even deserve the bragging rights to an extent. So the question is not whether he'll hitch his wagon, but how much he might exploit the notion.

I don't think I could just come along and 'create' a 'political issue' out of it this late in the game. It's already on the table.

Allow me to like this comment multiple times. (like) (like) (like) (like)

there...

Vaccine will happen.

That's exactly what people said in 1984 when the fear of an AIDS epidemic was finally acknowledged by Ronald Reagan. We're still waiting.

yawn...

Okay. You feel better, don't you?

Nobody can be educated about Donald Trump and think he is telling the truth. The rattlesnake is 100% anti-science so there is no chance he would even let a nurse give it to him. There is no reason to doubt Joe Biden was referring to COVID-19 vaccine research when he said, "We will develop and deploy . . ." in his Democratic nomination acceptance speech. That part is highlighted in his commercial now.

That's exactly what people said in 1984 when the fear of an AIDS epidemic was finally acknowledged by Ronald Reagan. We're still waiting.

Democrats blamed Reagan rather than homosexuals. Did not work for Democrats.

I a loyal Democrat wish I did not blame Reagan.

Unable to discuss the topic so you attack the poster. It's pathetic.

I told you...feel free to make this a political issue, but I'm not interested.

So don't get butthurt when I reject you trying to get me to make it a political issue.

no way in hell the vaccine will be ready.... it will be released though

I told you...feel free to make this a political issue, but I'm not interested.

So don't get butthurt when I reject you trying to get me to make it a political issue.

And I pointed out it's already political. The whole Pandemic has been a political football. Trump promising a Vaccine 'real soon' is also political. Even Biden promising to speed up research is political. But oh no, nobody noticed till uptower came along and poisoned the board with politics. Yeah right.

So it is political. it's a political forum. there are dozens of threads on it. Don't blame the messenger. Unless I suppose that's all you have left.

You're trying to derail the thread by making it personal. You guys always do this when you have nothing else to talk about. Next I suppose you'll cry it's disrespectful to the dead, without noting the irony at all.

The greatest vaccine in the history of vaccines is coming. Its gonna be huge.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm, the election is in November, not October.

yawn...

Okay. You feel better, don't you?

What is the point of posts lke this? Don’t participate.
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm, the election is in November, not October.

Trump promised a vaccine by election day. And he said we are “rounding the turn” which isn’t a phrase here on Earth. Maybe Nars.

What is the point of posts lke this? Don’t participate.

Trump promised a vaccine by election day. And he said we are “rounding the turn” which isn’t a phrase here on Earth. Maybe Nars.
Election day is in November, not October. As uniformed as you are, I don't know why you post here.

Back
Top Bottom