• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'Occupy' reaches into living rooms through new TV ad

randel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
U.S. News - 'Occupy' reaches into living rooms through new TV ad

The revolution may not be televised, but the “Occupy” protests are now reaching into American homes via a television ad.
The 30-second ad features nine “Occupy Wall Street” protesters talking about what they would like the movement to achieve. It is the work of filmmaker David Sauvage, who said he filmed it in half a day on Oct. 3.

SNIP

The ad does not request donations to the cause but rather attempts to counter what Sauvage sees as a concerted effort in conservative quarters to portray the protesters as members of the lunatic fringe.
“It’s not that I want people to send money … not so much a call to action but a call to meaningful political engagement,” he said. “I want people to see it and say that the people that are protesting are real people with meaningful concerns that I can relate to. And hopefully, in a subtle way, the ad helps shift the conversation.”

SNIP

what's the difference between a call to action and a call to a meaningful political engagement?

sounds like PC doublespeak to me , or something.

"i'm not calling you short.... i'm calling you vertically disadvantaged" :lol:

anywyas.. whatever, i'm not opposed ot the occupy movement putting out an ad advocating for the occupy movement.... they have the right to do so.

Back
Top Bottom