• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Occupy Oakland Video

Jucon

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
A Occupy Oakland protest video

The ending shows a group huddled around an injured girl when suddenly a flash bang explodes right in the middle of them. She is then seen being carried away completely disoriented.

Anyone else not hear about this in the media?

It disgusts me how the majority of the "coverage" of these protests have been on the arrests when so many more people are peacefully protesting the moral dilemmas we have in this country. This is certainly looking like a U.S. version of Egypt to me... the only problem is they will likely achieve nothing. There are insufficient rules in place to protect the poor and middle class from being robbed by the wealthy, and I do not see things changing any time soon.

Majority of coverage on arrests... LMMFAO

Majority of coverage on arrests... LMMFAO
It took many arrests to get the Vietnam war stopped. Any concern for the Marine who had skull cracked, Grim?

It took many arrests to get the Vietnam war stopped. Any concern for the Marine who had skull cracked, Grim?

Can you turn that political spin machine in your head off for 2 damned seconds Pete? If you can manage that, you just might realize that this is the "media bias" section of the forum, and my comment was related to the post that started this thread.

Think man, think.

Can you turn that political spin machine in your head off for 2 damned seconds Pete? If you can manage that, you just might realize that this is the "media bias" section of the forum, and my comment was related to the post that started this thread.

Think man, think.
I'm thinking you don't want to answer the damned question, that's what I'm thinking..

The government is making a serious error in using violence to disperse protestors. It could easily turn something peaceful into something armed.

Do you think people are walking away from this with a sense that they got to voice their concerns and their First Amendment rights? No. All they're going to take away is that the State has become increasingly tyrannical and next time they should come better prepared.

There is NO excuse for this kind of violence being used against peaceful protesters. None at all. They are being treated as criminals when all they're doing is assembling peacefully.

Back
Top Bottom