• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ocasio-Cortez Threatens To Retaliate Against Trump Jr. Over Meme

Yea not like the Trump family has not done that.... funny how that is not a problem for the right wing.

Sendt fra min SM-N9005 med Tapatalk
I speak for myself, I'm not the spokesperson for any group

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Interesting that her behaviour in defending herself is brought into question, without comment on her attackers' behaviours.

It's the "Ocasio Obsession," the right's Trump Derangement Syndrome. She is a young brown intelligent female from a secure district. Perfect to quote selectively for years. Now that Hillary is fading from the scene, what else they got? Klobuchar has too much gravitas and Warren is too serious, so let's poke fun at America's mischevious kid sister.

Ethics :lamo in the Trump era

Interesting that her behaviour in defending herself is brought into question, without comment on her attackers' behaviours.

And Bucky accuses her of being disrespectful while previously referring to her as a "girl".

giphy.gif

It's the "Ocasio Obsession," the right's Trump Derangement Syndrome. She is a young brown intelligent female from a secure district. Perfect to quote selectively for years. Now that Hillary is fading from the scene, what else they got? Klobuchar has too much gravitas and Warren is too serious, so let's poke fun at America's mischevious kid sister.
Makes sense to me. Those that have nothing to offer need a bogeyman to demonetize, in order to remain in power. I agree.

Did her "attackers" threaten to use their official government positions to get even for social media "trolling"? She is making a plain and open threat to use the official subpeona powers of congress to retaliate against those that dare mock (troll?) her. That puts the (coming soon?) congressional "witch hunt" mission (tactic?) in plain view for all to ponder.
Don Jr, is in the White House, and son of the Pres. They are in the ultimate position of power, and abuse it continuously. While I absolutely would not want Cortez to abuse her powers, it is good to see the Trump's finally get a taste of their own medicine. Maybe it will make them think a bit, next time.

Coming from we keep hearing from the heads of the democratic party. It sounds more like they intend on keeping Trump from doing his job. I would be more with you on the subject, but it appears that Jr didn't break any code of conduct, at least not governmental. While Cortez seems to have used her position to threaten someone, which is a serious problem for someone in her position. Given that she is supposed to be a member of the more progressive group, her animus might end up alienating more voters in the long run than bringing them in.

The moment Don Jr wags his finger and threatens to abuse the power of his station, I'll be there to decry it like everyone else should. But such a thing did not happen this time around.
As always, I greatly respect your opinion here. There's nothing I can fault in it. Thanks for the reply.

I agree not a good move. Getting in the gutter with those who dwell there seldom is.

It cuts both ways. Nobody gives the Trump clan the benefit of the doubt because they too are political neophytes.
Actually, that's a fair statement.

The big problem I have with them is they seem so damn fast, grey area, crooked, and opportunistic. Toss in their abrasive qualities, and it's just hard to trust them or give them benefit of doubt. Add-in their surrounding themselves with sleazy hucksters and criminals, and I find it impossible to trust them.

DJ Jr didn’t attack her, he attacked her self professed ideas.
As far as I see, that's attempting to portray a difference without a distinction. I see a personal attract, where the attacker got bit.

Don Jr. was excercising his constitutional rights. Cortez wants to use the power of the government to retaliate.

She's definitely in the wrong.

Don Jr. was excercising his constitutional rights. Cortez wants to use the power of the government to retaliate.

AOC wants all the positives of having the media fawn all over her and make her the "IT" girl, but seems surprised when people push back at her and comment on the monumentally stupid crap she says. Further, her explanation of the threat she tweeted is just plain insulting.

she's one ignorant twit. pure and simple. IT is a sad testament to the clowns that elected her in the main election-or worse, in the primary

LOL So you think trolling and threatening the new House members is intelligent?

LOL Where in the Constitution is the right to lie to Congress?

LOL Where in the Constitution is the right to lie to Congress?

Where does The Constitution give Congress the power retaliate against a United States citizen for comments made on social media?

So far I am hearing Trump supporters call foul on AOC for exactly the same **** they defend Trump for, only they are grossly exaggerating her offenses.

Honestly, I don't care if Trump supporters get offended, harassed, or feel targeted. I want them to feel that way.

I want her, and every other member of congress, to single mindedly target that whole family, and do anything including lying, cheating, and back room shenanigans to get Trump into prison.

I want Trump and his supporters to feel like second class citizens. Afraid to express their opinions for fear of overwhelming backlash from the public. I want them to feel like strangers in their own country. I want them to be treated so badly, the NAACP has to step in and intervene on their behalf.

Have a problem? Find a safe place snowflake, because I legite don't care about your feelings.

I am a registered Republican. I don't care about democrats, or what they have said and done. I don't care about Hillary or Obama. I don't care about Pelosi or Bernie. I don't care about this chick.

All I care about is putting Trump supporters in their place. They are vile people who do not deserve to live in a first world country.

Where does The Constitution give Congress the power retaliate against a United States citizen for comments made on social media?

If Congress does prosecute Don Jr. it will be for lying to them in testimony. The Presidents Twitter comments about prosecuting his enemies will not be acted on either. How is that not far worse than anything a Jr. House member writes?

AOC wants all the positives of having the media fawn all over her and make her the "IT" girl, but seems surprised when people push back at her and comment on the monumentally stupid crap she says. Further, her explanation of the threat she tweeted is just plain insulting.
What was her explination?

So far I am hearing Trump supporters call foul on AOC for exactly the same **** they defend Trump for, only they are grossly exaggerating her offenses.

Honestly, I don't care if Trump supporters get offended, harassed, or feel targeted. I want them to feel that way.

I want her, and every other member of congress, to single mindedly target that whole family, and do anything including lying, cheating, and back room shenanigans to get Trump into prison.

I want Trump and his supporters to feel like second class citizens. Afraid to express their opinions for fear of overwhelming backlash from the public. I want them to feel like strangers in their own country. I want them to be treated so badly, the NAACP has to step in and intervene on their behalf.

Have a problem? Find a safe place snowflake, because I legite don't care about your feelings.

I am a registered Republican. I don't care about democrats, or what they have said and done. I don't care about Hillary or Obama. I don't care about Pelosi or Bernie. I don't care about this chick.

All I care about is putting Trump supporters in their place. They are vile people who do not deserve to live in a first world country.
Lol we wont be running to a safe place but you might want to consider it. You represent the people that motivate his supporters to give trump a free license to do whatever he needs to do to put people like you in your place. Just remember that next time our gladiator is kicking your gladiators ass and we show no mercy or empathy for you

She's almost 30-years old and acting like a middle schooler. Very disrespectful towards people twice her age. She will not last long at her job.

:lamo

Yeah, but I guess it's easier to forgive someone on their 30s versus someone in their 70s who should supposedly know better right?

:lamo

Yeah, but I guess it's easier to forgive someone on their 30s versus someone in their 70s who should supposedly know better right?
Threads not about trump, stay on topic

AOC tried to say she she herself doesn't have power, per se. However, the invoked the collective "body" of which she will be a part of.

Threads not about trump, stay on topic

It's the irony of complaining about a newly elected representative's antics being an issue while the same poster has no issue that the president does it. How does the complaint have any validity with the obvious double standard?

Back
Top Bottom