• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ocasio-Cortez - The new whack-a-doodle in the House

Your not an elected member of Congress, nor an aspiring and anointed "next generation leader" of a major party. I can forgive the grunting prejudices and daily ignorance's of the hoi polloi. But please, you know (or should know) that just because an auditor finds the records with gimmicks and work-arounds, says nothing about whether than money was needed.

Government accounting, by the way, is notorious for unauditable record keeping - in my own city government (I worked with their finance department) they discovered they had gimmicks and work-arounds for 20 years, even though every check register and annual audit showed they spent it for city purposes... then a new audit by the State of California showed how screwed up their budgeting, gimmicks, and line-item accounting methods were.

Even the nation, a hard left journal, agrees that it does not mean there is a 21T surplus, or that it went to other than national defense programs. And NOBODY who makes it their profession to know federal accounting believes otherwise.

OC should have known that - that she didn't speaks not only too her own ignorance's and blindered politics, but the appalling lack of political knowledge in a generation that thinks itself politically astute.

Did she mean it was a surplus? How do you know?

It might be needed. I can't say, because apparently the military can't say either. My personal opinion is that if the government can't properly account for expenditures then they should have the money taken away.

Whatever her other flaws (and being 'pretty in an ethnic sort of way' is a disgusting slur dressed up as a 'compliment') this is the real reason Fox and Brietbart hate her. They need a personality to attack, all the time, because they cannot win on ideas. As soon as a Democrat becomes popular, the hate machine goes into full gear.

The only ding bats are those who make and like comments like those.

Most males know, whether or not they have the courage and honesty to admit it, that there are objective and subjective elements to good looks in different populations. And most also know that certain typologies are more appealing than others, and are recognized as - all other things being equal - of having more appeal. Now finding her attractive to some in an "ethnic sort of way" is the simple observation that some like an archtype that is appealing to them.

Personally, to me her features are unappealing - wide set eyes, flattened and oddly angular nose, broad round face, etc. But take the same face and make her white and she would look even worse - but if you are into her kind of ethnic, well, that is a matter of individual taste.

Myself, I like ethnic Jewish female faces, which some find unappealing. And naturally I also find northern European white women also attractive, as well as most SE Asians, and the women of northern India (southern Indians, however, far less so). I find little appeal in the women of Africa and most of Latin America...

Honesty, especially to yourself, is more important than political correctness. No male finds the women of all races equally appealing.

Last edited:

Well that's what I found in the OP. The mention of her looks being tied to her ethnicity was irrelevant. It shows how the GOP thinks though.

The reason they don't like AOC is because she represents not just the new voter - whom they've been afraid of for a while now - but finally the new leader: young, progressive, female and yes, 'ethnic'. The new voters and increasingly the people they vote for share the changing demographic characteristics of the nation and that scares the living daylights out of old white Fox-viewers.

The petty attacks against her will be ramped up as her star rises, much like they were against Obama over a decade ago, not especially because of what she says or does (they've always been against progressives), but because of who she is. They don't like the name, they don't like the skin tone, they ar dead scared of the following.

Last edited:
Most males know, whether or not they have the courage and honesty to admit it, that there are objective and subjective elements to good looks in different populations. And most also know that certain typologies are more appealing than others, and are recognized as - all other things being equal - of having more appeal. Now finding her attractive to some in an "ethnic sort of way" is the simple observation that some like an archtype that is appealing to them.

Personally, to me her features are unappealing - wide set eyes, flattened and oddly angular nose, broad round face, etc. But take the same face and make her white and she would look even worse - but if you are into her kind of ethnic, well, that is a matter of individual taste.

Myself, I like ethnic Jewish female faces, which some find unappealing. And naturally I also find northern European white women also attractive, as well as most SE Asians, and the women of northern India (southern Indians, however, far less so). I find little appeal in the women of Africa and most of Latin America...

Honesty, especially to yourself, is more important than political correctness. No male finds the women of all races equally appealing.

I doubt she much cares what what old Right Wing white men find "appealing"

Back
Top Bottom