• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ocasio-Cortez called out for claiming Pentagon $$ error could fund Medicare for all

Renae

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was roundly fact-checked this week -- by even liberal-leaning publications -- for suggesting a reported $21 trillion in Pentagon accounting errors could fund most of her proposed "Medicare for all" health care program.Ocasio-Cortez, one of the highest-profile figures among the new wave of liberal Democrats entering Congress in 2019, cited a Nation story about how $21 trillion in "Pentagon financial transactions" between 1998 and 2015 could not be documented or explained.
“$21T in Pentagon accounting errors. Medicare for All costs ~$32T,” Ocasio-Cortez tweeted. “That means 66% of Medicare for All could have been funded already by the Pentagon.”
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/oc...ng-pentagon-cash-would-cover-medicare-for-all

Once again, the Dem's newest and "brightest young star" makes for good laughs with her ignorance and lack of general intelligence.

She really has no concept of reality when it comes to Government, to spending, to numbers... well to much actually. She's not scary, that people think she's smart, and has good ideas, THAT is what I find both "scary" as it were, but also sad.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/oc...ng-pentagon-cash-would-cover-medicare-for-all

Once again, the Dem's newest and "brightest young star" makes for good laughs with her ignorance and lack of general intelligence.

She really has no concept of reality when it comes to Government, to spending, to numbers... well to much actually. She's not scary, that people think she's smart, and has good ideas, THAT is what I find both "scary" as it were, but also sad.
That she supposedly has a degree in ECONOMICS and international relations is mindboggling. Not sure if it's a sad statement on the state of colleges in the US, or a sign that someone cheated their way through her college degree and didn't learn a thing.

That she supposedly has a degree in ECONOMICS and international relations is mindboggling. Not sure if it's a sad statement on the state of colleges in the US, or a sign that someone cheated their way through her college degree and didn't learn a thing.

Ocasio Cortez, every boneheaded american student like her, is why I left the US to study in real universities abroad for my Master's. They're left wing over here too, but bull**** like this doesn't fly.

Thanks for admitting even you can't defend tht level of stupid.

"Thanks for admitting" has risen from the tomb, eh? I thought that only happened to the recently dead, not fossilized quips from the dawn of the internet.

Do note: the person you threw that ancient borrowed line at didn't actually defend her tweet (which was indeed a pretty hilarious fail). His comment had more to do with the fact that she makes one stupid tweet and you start a thread about it (no doubt someone else is going to start one over in breaking news on the same subject). But our Asshat In Chief makes thousands of idiotic tweets and that somehow doesn't elicit threads from you. This jarring contradiction provides a good reason not to take your thread about her one dumb tweet seriously. The person you attacked was trying to say all that through a picture.

See?

Last edited:
On the plus side now the left has stopped making excuses for AOC and are starting to call her out and correct her when she says something stupid.

Let the woman rant, ideally with Nancy applauding her.

"Thanks for admitting" has risen from the tomb, eh? I thought that only happened to the recently dead, not fossilized quips from the dawn of the internet.

Do note: the person you threw that ancient borrowed line at didn't actually defend her tweet (which was indeed a pretty hilarious fail). His comment had more to do with the fact that she makes one stupid tweet and you start a thread about it (no doubt someone else is going to start one over in breaking news on the same subject). But our Asshat In Chief makes thousands of idiotic tweets and that somehow doesn't elicit threads from you. This jarring contradiction provides a good reason not to take your thread about her one dumb tweet seriously. The person you attacked was trying to say all that through a picture.

See?

It's humorous to see some trot out Ocasio-Cortez when she says stupid things. I'm left wondering when, exactly, we became worried about politicians saying stupid things when we've spent so long glossing over the astronomical mountain of stupid **** Trump says.

Another Ocasio-Cortez message from the Bozone….

bozone.jpg

Back
Top Bottom