• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obituary - We're glad Mom died

Editor’s note: The text below shows how Marianne Theresa Johnson-Reddick’s obituary appeared in Tuesday’s Reno Gazette-Journal. Reddick died Aug. 30, not Sept. 30.

Marianne Theresa Johnson-Reddick

January 4, 1935
Sept. 30, 2013

Marianne Theresa John*son-Reddick born Jan 4, 1935 and died alone on Sept. 30, 2013. She is sur*vived by her 6 of 8 children whom she spent her lifetime torturing in every way pos*sible. While she neglected and abused her small chil*dren, she refused to allow anyone else to care or show compassion towards them. When they became adults she stalked and tortured anyone they dared to love. Everyone she met, adult or child was tortured by her cruelty and exposure to violence, criminal activity, vulgarity, and hatred of the gentle or kind human spirit.

_________

Learn more about Marianne Theresa Johnson-Reddick and hear more from the children who wrote the obituary.

________

On behalf of her children whom she so abrasively ex*posed to her evil and vio*lent life, we celebrate her passing from this earth and hope she lives in the after*life reliving each gesture of violence, cruelty, and shame that she delivered on her children. Her surviv*ing children will now live the rest of their lives with the peace of knowing their nightmare finally has some form of closure.

Most of us have found peace in helping those who have been exposed to child abuse and hope this message of her final passing can re*vive our message that abus*ing children is unforgive*able, shameless, and should not be tolerated in a “hu*mane society”. Our greatest wish now, is to stimulate a national movement that mandates a purposeful and dedicated war against child abuse in the United States of America.

Well, it 's a damn small world.

When I first got out of the service and was looking for a job in Reno, this woman ran a small employment agency downtown and I went down to see her. Her name at that time was simply Marianne Reddick. Everything seemed fine in the interview and then, without warning she became insulting and cutting. It was so immediate and so bad, I lost my temper and got up and walked out on her. I got out on the street and couldn't figure out what had happened. She then called me that evening and apologized, said she was looking for clients and wanted to recommend me to someone. I said OK, but then I never heard from her again. Always wondered what ever happened to her. She was very overweight at that time, not what you would call attractive.

Doesn't sound like she improved much.

Last edited:
Given Ray's story, she probably had emotional and temper issues her whole life, and sadly took it out on the weakest around her, especially her children.

I wish her children would have found a place in their hearts to forgive her. This obituary suggests that their pain is still very near to them, and they won't be healed of it until they can forgive their tyrant mother.

When I first got out of the service and was looking for a job in Reno, this woman ran a small employment agency downtown and I went down to see her. Her name at that time was simply Marianne Reddick. Everything seemed fine in the interview and then, without warning she became insulting and cutting. It was so immediate and so bad, I lost my temper and got up and walked out on her. I got out on the street and couldn't figure out what had happened. She then called me that evening and apologized, said she was looking for clients and wanted to recommend me to someone. I said OK, but then I never heard from her again. Always wondered what ever happened to her. She was very overweight at that time, not what you would call attractive.

Sounds like she had some mental disorder. Either way, I wouldn't have run a petty obituary like that. Sounds to me like whoever wrote it didn't fall as far from the tree as they think they did.

Wow, it is a small world!

Meh. I say good on them. The very purpose of doing the obituary, I'm sure, was cathartic, and probably what they needed for closure. I don't see what the big deal is. Not everybody is raised by Ozzie and Harriet.

Sounds like she had some mental disorder. Either way, I wouldn't have run a petty obituary like that. Sounds to me like whoever wrote it didn't fall as far from the tree as they think they did.
I wouldn't have run an obit like that, either, but at the same time I don't necessarily think worse of them for doing so.

Not running an obit at all would have been more dignified.

September 30, 2013?

Did I read that right?

SEPTEMBER 30, 2013?

Today is SEPTEMBER 14, 2013.

This makes me wonder if this is at all true or not.

(Edit: - oh, I just saw that she died Aug 30. LOL.)

September 30, 2013?

Did I read that right?

SEPTEMBER 30, 2013?

Today is SEPTEMBER 14, 2013.

This makes me wonder if this is at all true or not.

(Edit: - oh, I just saw that she died Aug 30. LOL.)

joko104;1062310820[B said:
]Editor’s note: The text below shows how Marianne Theresa Johnson-Reddick’s obituary appeared in Tuesday’s Reno Gazette-Journal. Reddick died Aug. 30, not Sept. 30.[/B]

The answer to the date issue......

I wouldn't have run an obit like that, either, but at the same time I don't necessarily think worse of them for doing so.

Not running an obit at all would have been more dignified.

We will just have to disagree. It it petty and shows that they are just as hateful as she was IMHO.

We will just have to disagree. It it petty and shows that they are just as hateful as she was IMHO.

Of course. Where would they have had the opportunity to learn anything else?

The obituary was distasteful and dishonorable, but if there's any truth to their claims-- which I would not dispute-- then it was far less so than her own actions.

Back
Top Bottom