• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

obesity observation

Back in the 70's, there wasn't a cookie aisle in the grocery store. Also, most people ate home cooking back then.

Going out was a treat. People ordered pizza maybe once a week. And, most of them didn't order the monster size 2 fer 1's we see today. Let's not forget the soda. Soda consumption is through the roof.

As kids, we considered a trip to McDonalds a major event. Today, FF is breakfast, lunch and dinner for probably half the population.
Yeah, portions in this country are obscene. Added to that is the marketing idea of "getting the best deal" which encourages buying more food than you can eat. I can't think of any reason to drink 32oz of anything other than water.

I hope you're kidding again.

You're going to find out, and it cant be reversed.

I hope you never again tell anyone that the jab is a great idea.
When given the choice between my cells temporarily producing the spike protein alone and my cells producing the spike protein attached to an active virus, i chose the better option. I hope that you don't catch COVID. I'm tired of reading about desperately ill anti-vaxers changing their opinions when it's too late. It makes me sad.

I laugh at all the bullshit that swirls around fatsos.

It's simple as can be. If you eat more calories than you burn, you gain weight. If you burn more calories than you consume, you lose weight. I am not sure what could be simpler.
It's not actually that simple. If it was diets would work and they fail nearly everyone. If it was that simple, why was obesity rare 50 years ago and common today?

What you say is true in the simplest sense, but fat storage and fat burning are impacted by more than just raw calories. In a healthy person with a healthy hormonal system, if you eat a bit too much, your body burns the excess. If you eat less than you burn, your body turns to fat. So our weight is largely self regulating. Those thin people in 1950 didn't count calories. They ate until full, and they didn't gain weight. Something changed and it's our diet. We don't know for sure the impact but sugar likely plays a big role and it's because of how those calories are processed and stored. Manufactured vegetable oils also appear to cause hormonal imbalances and encourage weight gain that natural fats don't.

Thinking of it as a simple CICO problem is why our efforts to reduce obesity haven't only failed, they've failed catastrophically. We're blaming people for overeating but give them advice - cut calories - that fails any real world test over the long term.

Back in the 70's, there wasn't a cookie aisle in the grocery store. Also, most people ate home cooking back then.

Going out was a treat.

As kids, we considered a trip to McDonalds a major event. Today, FF is breakfast, lunch and dinner for probably half the population.

You think? I can't imagine eating McDonalds... ever.

I also know that many of my neighbors consider a home cooked meal some kind of envelop emptied into boiling water or something in a can heated up.

Home made cookies to them is something they cut from a cylinder and place in the oven. Or a home made cake comes from a box.

They really think this is what home made means.

Heck, aside from true gourmet dinning, I have not eaten in a restaurant in... decades with the exception of piazza. And even that I have not had in nearly two years.

Yep, good healthy food at home or fine dinning. That is the ticket! No compromises. (I have spoiled myself) peace

I hope you're kidding again.

You're going to find out, and it cant be reversed.

I hope you never again tell anyone that the jab is a great idea.

OK, I'll bite. What is @Helix going to find out?

When given the choice between my cells temporarily producing the spike protein alone and my cells producing the spike protein attached to an active virus, i chose the better option. I hope that you don't catch COVID. I'm tired of reading about desperately ill anti-vaxers changing their opinions when it's too late. It makes me sad.
The spike proteins replicate on the order of trillions bury themselves into every major organ of your body. They DO NOT REMAIN ONLY IN THE SHOULDER AREA, THIS IS A FACT THAT IS IN DIRECT OPPOSITION TO WHAT THE JAB MFRS TOLD YOU.

As a result, down the road you will suffer from what is called a cytokine storm and your organs will fail. There is no way to treat this. You will die.

So for every person you covinced to subjugate themselves to the the jab, you have signed their death warrant as well.

Oh and stay away from me physically, anyone who has subjected themselves to the jab is now a spike protein shedder, you have become the problem and I dont want your toxin near me.

Something changed and it's our diet.

yes, we consume more calories

It really is as simple as I stated it and no, you will not burn more calories if you overeat if your hormones are.... I don't even know what on earth you are suggesting.

The spike proteins replicate on the order of trillions bury themselves into ever major organ of your body. They DO NOT REMAIN ONLY IN THE SHOULDER AREA, THIS IS A FACT THAT IS IN DIRECT OPPOSITION TO WHAT THE JAB MFRS TOLD YOU.

As a result, down the road you will suffer from what is called a cytomine storm and your organs will fail. There is no way to treat this. You will die.

So for every person you covinced to subjugate themselves to the the jab, you have signed their death warrant as well.

Oh and stay aeay from me physically, anyone who has subjected themselves to the jab is now a spike protein shedder, abs I dont want your toxin near me.

wow

This is a post to remember. I have not run across a post like this previous. I have not run into a person in the real world who believed such things either.
To be fair, MSM did tell me you folks were about. I guess we can trust MSM, they were right again!

yes, we consume more calories

It really is as simple as I stated it and no, you will not burn more calories if you overeat if your hormones are.... I don't even know what on earth you are suggesting.
It's not that simple. Our bodies aren't stupid, and studies show in fact that the body does when healthy just burn off the excess. The point is that CICO - calories in, calories out - assumes that when you cut calories, what's burned stays constant, and that when you overeat, what's burned stays constant. That's objectively false, and proven false by multiple studies.

People in the 1950s didn't do anything and avoided obesity with no thought or effort at all. They just ate meals, until full, and stayed thin. How did they do that so effortlessly back then and now 40% are obese?

Whenever the western diet is introduced, obesity follows. How does CICO explain that if it's not in large part WHAT those people are eating. They don't all decide to become lazy gluttons, and yet obesity explodes, across cultures, continents, races.

lol..I call bullshit. Anyone eating 500 cal per day for an extended period of time will not be fat. It's mathematically impossible.
Maybe not 500 calories but women of child-bearing age can gain weight on little daily intake. Their bodies can be very efficient at fat storage when it gets signalled that there's a famine (dieting) but pregnancy is possible.

wow

This is a post to remember. I have not run across a post like this previous. I have not run into a person in the real world who believed such things either.
To be fair, MSM did tell me you folks were about. I guess we can trust MSM, they were right again!
You've been notified. I cant say warned, because its too late for those like you.

In 3-5 years, your fate will be the same. Unless you receive the booster....in which case that timeframe will seriously shrink.

The spike proteins replicate on the order of trillions bury themselves into every major organ of your body. They DO NOT REMAIN ONLY IN THE SHOULDER AREA, THIS IS A FACT THAT IS IN DIRECT OPPOSITION TO WHAT THE JAB MFRS TOLD YOU.

As a result, down the road you will suffer from what is called a cytokine storm and your organs will fail. There is no way to treat this. You will die.

Oh and stay away from me physically, anyone who has subjected themselves to the jab is now a spike protein shedder, you have become the problem and I dont want your toxin near me.
Incredible. Freakin' incredible.

It is, and that's even sadder.
Are you deliberately lying or just spreading the same misinformation you've been suckered into believing?

it really is.

Peace
If you're going to quote me, have the courtesy to include the quote in context, and if you want to have a discussion, address the points made that contradict your assertion.

Our bodies aren't stupid, and studies show in fact that the body does when healthy just burn off the excess. The point is that CICO - calories in, calories out - assumes that when you cut calories, what's burned stays constant, and that when you overeat, what's burned stays constant. That's objectively false, and proven false by multiple studies.

People in the 1950s didn't do anything and avoided obesity with no thought or effort at all. They just ate meals, until full, and stayed thin. How did they do that so effortlessly back then and now 40% are obese?

Whenever the western diet is introduced, obesity follows. How does CICO explain that if it's not in large part WHAT those people are eating. They don't all decide to become lazy gluttons, and yet obesity explodes, across cultures, continents, races.

Quote Reply

You've been notified. I cant say warned, because its too late for those like you.

In 3-5 years, your fate will be the same. Unless you receive the booster....in which case that timeframe will seriously shrink.

Thanks for the posts in this regard.

It is truly eye opening.

Do me one favor though, respect the laws and stay the hell out of my restaurants and concerts. Thanks!

Are you deliberately lying or just spreading the same misinformation you've been suckered into believing?
stay the course. NPR, NBC and CNN saves.

Thanks for the posts in this regard.

It is truly eye opening.

Do me one favor though, respect the laws and stay the hell out of my restaurants and concerts. Thanks!
There is no legislation [law] that says so.

wow

Monica33 posted the same kind of thing, except she preferred large fonts and odd grammatical structure.

If you're going to quote me, have the courtesy to include the quote in context, and if you want to have a discussion, address the points made that contradict your assertion.

I quoted nothing out of context, stop that. I quoted the part I wanted to respond to.

I am done, you are looking for a fight not to learn.

Monica33 posted the same kind of thing, except she preferred large fonts and odd grammatical structure.

It's the kind of thing you remember, it's makes an impression. I understand.

Wild.

It's the kind of thing you remember, it's makes an impression. I understand.

Wild.
What always stood out was her use of "Compliance Gullibles" and the irony behind that since she clearly missed the point of her being one in accepting the information she read and mindlessly parroted. I just hope she really thought things through because if all the people who have been vaccinated are going to die as a result cytokine storms that lead to organ failure, there's a good chance most business and political leaders will die along with nearly half the US population. I hope she's safe in her bunker and has stocked up on gold and canned goods.
:)

She also warned of people shedding spike proteins yet took exception to mask use, but never answered what her preferred method of avoiding the vaccinated was since she had no way of knowing and refused to follow prevention protocols. Maybe she was posting from her bunker all along.

Back
Top Bottom