• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

obesity observation

Good4Nothin

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
After reading some threads here about covid and obesity, I decided to do an informal observational survey of obesity rates where I live. After a few days of observing, I can report that I have hardly seen any thin people. Some are grossly fat, some are very fat, some are moderately fat. Some are just a little overweight, but they are the minority. This is for all ages, but of course the middle aged and older are the fattest. Almost nobody is thin. Maybe a skinny old person here and there, or a slender teenager. But they are the rare exceptions. Almost everyone is at least pudgy.

You might not notice this unless you make a conscious decision to observe. Obesity is so common now days we just accept it like it's normal. It is NOT NORMAL!

So this could partly explain the pandemic. Of course, they also had the pandemic in India where most people are thin. Unless they got fat there also.

And with a gym on every corner, I really don't understand why almost no one looks healthy.

I really wish right wingers would stop confusing personal anecdotes with science.

When I went to Europe a few years back I didn't see any fat people. We are a very unhealthy country.

I hope that you stopped at a drug store to get vaccinated while counting overweight people.

I am not overweight.

I got a vaccine months ago, for plane travel. Got very sick for over 2 months. The vaccines do not prevent us from getting infected or from infecting others. So there is no reason for it, unless you have risk factors. I got the vaccine just to get the card.

I am not overweight.

I got a vaccine months ago, for plane travel. Got very sick for over 2 months. The vaccines do not prevent us from getting infected or from infecting others. So there is no reason for it, unless you have risk factors. I got the vaccine just to get the card.
It keeps you from dying. How do you know you don't have risk factors? Maybe something changed since your last doctors visit.

I am not overweight.

While you're incorrect, I'm glad that you are vaccinated. I want as many people as possible to live through the pandemic. I am also not overweight. I have been in the past.

When I went to Europe a few years back I didn't see any fat people. We are a very unhealthy country.

I read a newspaper article years ago about how French women never get fat. An American who was interviewed for the story described herself as a "plus sized" woman and complained about not being able to find any clothes in France that fit her.

While you're incorrect, I'm glad that you are vaccinated. I want as many people as possible to live through the pandemic. I am also not overweight. I have been in the past.

I am not glad, and I still feel sick sometimes. Fortunately not as bad as it was. But I feel like it damaged me in some creepy ways. I would have lived through the pandemic just fine without it. I survived over a year, and I wasn't careful. Anyone who is health conscious is pretty safe. It makes me angry that I had to risk the health I work so hard at, just because of the vaccine mania.

I read a newspaper article years ago about how French women never get fat. An American who was interviewed for the story described herself as a "plus sized" woman and complained about not being able to find any clothes in France that fit her.

So why are Americans so fat? At least where I live, in the suburbs of a big city, if anyone is thin it's probably because they have a terminal disease.

I am not glad, and I still feel sick sometimes. Fortunately not as bad as it was. But I feel like it damaged me in some creepy ways. I would have lived through the pandemic just fine without it. I survived over a year, and I wasn't careful. Anyone who is health conscious is pretty safe. It makes me angry that I had to risk the health I work so hard at, just because of the vaccine mania.
I got the vaccine. The main side effect I've experienced is that I keep getting up in the morning. That can be annoying when it's really early, but I hear that dying in agony and then getting cremated is worse.

You feel like it damaged you in some creepy ways? I feel like it's all in your head. It is a self fulfilling prophecy. You seem to look for the negative. Nobody I know have any problems from the vaccine.

Because diet is just as important as exercise, and the typical American diet is awful.

Most people who go to the gym probably don't eat a lot of junk food. I just don't see them when I go shopping. Maybe the healthy Americans are so rich they never have to do their own shopping.

You feel like it damaged you in some creepy ways? I feel like it's all in your head. It is a self fulfilling prophecy. You seem to look for the negative. Nobody I know have any problems from the vaccine.

Calling me a lunatic or a liar? Well I guess you need to believe that. I can't prove it on an anonymous forum.

Calling me a lunatic or a liar? Well I guess you need to believe that. I can't prove it on an anonymous forum.
I'm just saying that I highly doubt you are feeling ill because of the vaccine. There are certain people who you can predict will act in a certain way. I'm not shocked that you believe you got sick from the vaccine. Of course you did. I think there are a lot of people who are deep in the muck and don't even know it. I would make a conscious effort to get some perspective.

I suspect if you are feeling ill it's due to other reasons and you probably should get that checked out. I think it's very dangerous for you to assume it is because of the virus.

I don't think you are a lunatic. I've seen you post some intelligent things. In regards to the vaccine you are way off.

I'm just saying that I highly doubt you are feeling ill because of the vaccine. There are certain people who you can predict will act in a certain way. I'm not shocked that you believe you got sick from the vaccine. Of course you did. I think there are a lot of people who are deep in the muck and don't even know it. I would make a conscious effort to get some perspective.

I suspect if you are feeling ill it's due to other reasons and you probably should get that checked out. I think it's very dangerous for you to assume it is because of the virus.

I don't think you are a lunatic. I've seen you post some intelligent things. In regards to the vaccine you are way off.

I had the vaccine at 5 pm. Immediately after I felt extreme nausea, which I never feel. It continued for a month. Then it gradually decreased. What a strange coincidence that would be if it wasn't from the vaccine.

I am not a careless thinker. I don't jump to conclusions without careful analysis.

I had the vaccine at 5 pm. Immediately after I felt extreme nausea, which I never feel. It continued for a month. Then it gradually decreased. What a strange coincidence that would be if it wasn't from the vaccine.

I am not a careless thinker. I don't jump to conclusions without careful analysis.
It's possible that you are one of the few who have had a bad reaction. I'd still have it checked out with a doctor.

Maybe this isn't you but I know a lot of people who say they do the research but it is only done to support their narrative.

I hope you're feeling better.

But you did:

Most people who go to the gym probably don't eat a lot of junk food. I just don't see them when I go shopping. Maybe the healthy Americans are so rich they never have to do their own shopping.

@aociswundumho is closer to the mark because a balance of both diet and exercise are needed to keep healthy. The kind of foods which are popular in this country along with the absurd portions don't help matters in the obesity department.

After reading some threads here about covid and obesity, I decided to do an informal observational survey of obesity rates where I live. After a few days of observing, I can report that I have hardly seen any thin people. Some are grossly fat, some are very fat, some are moderately fat. Some are just a little overweight, but they are the minority. This is for all ages, but of course the middle aged and older are the fattest. Almost nobody is thin. Maybe a skinny old person here and there, or a slender teenager. But they are the rare exceptions. Almost everyone is at least pudgy.

You might not notice this unless you make a conscious decision to observe. Obesity is so common now days we just accept it like it's normal. It is NOT NORMAL!

So this could partly explain the pandemic. Of course, they also had the pandemic in India where most people are thin. Unless they got fat there also.

And with a gym on every corner, I really don't understand why almost no one looks healthy.
I know of 5 people who have tested positive, 3 of whom have passed away. All of them were very much overweight and would have hated to have to tell them to climb 3-4 flights of stairs.

Where do you live. Obesity varies from place to place.

I recently started taking nutrition classes and a very big contributor is GMO foods.

Back
Top Bottom