• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Obamascare Fail

"Heck of a job, Brownie."

From where I stood (in one of the areas affected by Katrina), Neither Bush or Brown did a bad job. The only incompetence was with the governor of Louisiana and the mayor of New Orleans.

No? She didn't have a coverage increase, and wasn't forced to change doctors? Is that what your claiming?

Yes, she did try to find new coverage that included her present Doctor, and was approved under Obamacare. She was not able to do so.

Third, who cares what the coverage was, deductibles, co pays, etc. What a lame question.

Last question for now? LOL. You are words on screen my friend. The delete button makes you disappear. Stop with the delusional self importance meme.

To answer your question, I don't know specifically how she found the replacement coverage Obamacare forced her to find. I don't believe it was via an exchange.
So basically you're posting someone elses situation to validate your argument but you know very few details about that person's situation. Fail.

A bit ironic, isn't it.

Calamity starts this thread about mythical Republican scare tactics against Obamacare. After getting his ass handed to him about the topic, he is reduced to childish responses. So what happens next? Our resident liberals/progressives/Democrats start using Democrat scare tactics against Republicans in Congress...talking about government shutdowns and such.

Amazing!!

A bit ironic, isn't it.

Calamity starts this thread about mythical Republican scare tactics against Obamacare. After getting his ass handed to him about the topic, he is reduced to childish responses. So what happens next? Our resident liberals/progressives/Democrats start using Democrat scare tactics against Republicans in Congress...talking about government shutdowns and such.

Amazing!!

So you posit that all the Obamascare crap came to be?

Now, that's amazing. That level reality denial takes some serious head in sand burying.

From where I stood (in one of the areas affected by Katrina), Neither Bush or Brown did a bad job. The only incompetence was with the governor of Louisiana and the mayor of New Orleans.

:roll:
The question Who's at fault? for the growing list of Bush administration failures surrounding Hurricane Katrina, which struck the Gulf Coast on August 29, 2005, was answered nearly two months afterwards by Secretary of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff.

Chertoff told members of Congress on October 19, 2005, that the Federal Emergency Management Agency's "lack of planning, not the failures of state and local officials, was to blame for much of what went wrong with the government's response to Hurricane Katrina":
Hurricane Katrina: Who's at Fault? - SourceWatch

So you posit that all the Obamascare crap came to be?

Now, that's amazing. That level reality denial takes some serious head in sand burying.

I've already beat your dead horse in earlier posts. I don't see a need to repeat it. Besides, this thread is dead.

A bit ironic, isn't it.

Amazing!!

Its not scare tactics. Its reality, and those comments were pretty much off topic.

Its YOU who is telling us that the ACA will be bad.... NEXT year!

A bit ironic, isn't it.

Amazing!!

And FYI, if there was any ass handing, it was Greenbeard presenting yours to you.

Its not scare tactics. Its reality, and those comments were pretty much off topic.

I don't even like Obamacare, but I at least have the intellectual honesty to admit its not the disaster all those objecting to it decried.

Now see...this is why the Democrats are prepping for a shellacking and why this thread is dead. Hell, anyone who can read knows that I've said Obamacare is bad right now and will get WORSE next year.

So, you go right ahead and lie and spin...lord knows it's all you got.

I've already beat your dead horse in earlier posts. I don't see a need to repeat it. Besides, this thread is dead.

All you did was post fail.

I'm not trumpeting polls. I recognize that the numbers in the Obamacare polls are the result of the effects of Obamacare on everyday people. You seem to think people are just parrots for the anti-Obamacare stuff they see and read. I don't believe that. I think people are responding to the effects of Obamacare in their own personal lives. I mean, if Obamacare was as good as you say it is, don't you think the people would agree with you in the polls? They don't agree with you and it's having a direct affect on the upcoming election.

That's just a lie. The vast majority of people have not been directly effected by the ACA at all. No one who has insurance through their employer is. The employer mandate has not even gone into effect yet. The truth is most people only know what they hear from the politicians. The demonization of the ACA was and is a POLITCAL ploy aimed at the Democrats and Obama pure and simple. It will surely backfire on the GOP if it hasn't already.

Now see...this is why the Democrats are prepping for a shellacking and why this thread is dead. Hell, anyone who can read knows that I've said Obamacare is bad right now and will get WORSE next year.

So, you go right ahead and lie and spin...lord knows it's all you got.

And you've not really supported your position too well.

And if significantly more people covered with a much lower cost inflation than recent history and establishment of a non-employer based affordable healthcare system is a bad thing, I'm guessing your interpretation of 'worse' is diametrically opposed to the words definition.

Again, go back to Greenbeards posts, which you mysteriously have seemed to forget.

Last edited:
A bit ironic, isn't it.

Amazing!!

I still have not forgotten the democrat party's ad featuring republican Paul Ryan pushing grandma on a wheel chair over a cliff.

That's just a lie. The vast majority of people have not been directly effected by the ACA at all. No one who has insurance through their employer is. The employer mandate has not even gone into effect yet. The truth is most people only know what they hear from the politicians. The demonization of the ACA was and is a POLITCAL ploy aimed at the Democrats and Obama pure and simple. It will surely backfire on the GOP if it hasn't already.

sigh...

How Many People Are Losing Their Plans Under Obamacare, Really? - California Healthline

Just how many Americans will really have their health insurance affected by Obamacare? | AEIdeas

Obama Officials In 2010: 93 Million Americans Will Be Unable To Keep Their Health Plans Under Obamacare - Forbes

Do you REALLY think the "vast majority" have not been affected by Obamacare???

For sure, the employer mandate hasn't gone into effect yet...Obama wisely kicked that can down the road for political purposes. But the mandate WILL go into effect soon and that boot is certain to kick some Americans in the ass...a lot of Americans. Heck, it's already kicked some Americans in the ass just from businesses anticipating the effect of that mandate.

100 Unintended Consequences of Obamacare | National Review Online

As I've said...Obamacare is bad...and it will only get worse.

And yet, liberals/progressives/Democrats insist the crappy poll numbers Obamacare has received since BEFORE it was enacted are all due to Republican scare tactics. :roll:

Last edited:

Certainly FEMA has management issues, that was the biggest natural disaster they had ever had to deal with, however the problems that led to 1800 dead were first responder issues which are run by state and local officials....not FEMA, and not the White House. Four states were devastated by that storm. Alabama, Florida, and Mississippi state and local officials handled things quite smoothly. Louisiana Governor Ann Blanco panicked and could not find her own ass with both hands. And New Orleans mayor Ray Nagan hid out in a high rise building downtown.

I don't even like Obamacare, but I at least have the intellectual honesty to admit its not the disaster all those objecting to it decried.

It is disingenuous to make that claim considering the worst of the mandates is yet to hit. Stay tuned until the employer mandate hits.

I still have not forgotten the democrat party's ad featuring republican Paul Ryan pushing grandma on a wheel chair over a cliff.
Off topic, but a classic and true representation of Ryan's legislation.

It is disingenuous to make that claim considering the worst of the mandates is yet to hit. Stay tuned until the employer mandate hits.

You mean the horrible mandate that will effect....a couple percent of employers who don't offer healthcare right now?

Most companies -95%+ - with 50 employees or more offer health care insurance already.

The mandate will 'hit' and it will be a big nothingburger. Again.

Sounds suspiciously like a 'wait til NEXT year' argument to me!

Off topic, but a classic and true representation of Ryan's legislation.

Actually it is the democrats pushing granny over the cliff with the cuts to medicare for the sake of adding funding to obamacare.

You mean the horrible mandate that will effect....a couple percent of employers who don't offer healthcare right now?

Most companies -95%+ - with 50 employees or more offer health care insurance already.

My employer is one of them, sport...however the cost of that insurance to the employees doubled and the deductibles skyrocketed. And those who were kicked down to part time status in advance of the mandate are offered nothing. It's not simply about how many employers offer insurance. When the insurance is expensive crap, the damage to the democrat party is still inflicted.

My employer is one of them, sport...however the cost of that insurance to the employees doubled and the deductibles skyrocketed. And those who were kicked down to part time status in advance of the mandate are offered nothing. It's not simply about how many employers offer insurance. When the insurance is expensive crap, the damage to the democrat party is still inflicted.

Unfortunately, you won't get any sympathy from liberals/progressives/Democrats.

You see, to them, your greedy employer is screwing their employees over just to make a buck. They won't accept the fact that all that hardship...for your employer and for their employees...was caused by Obamacare.

Actually it is the democrats pushing granny over the cliff with the cuts to medicare for the sake of adding funding to obamacare.
If you can tell us what section/segment of Medicare was cut, to what extent, and how many seniors 'lost' Medicare coverage or benefits then your argument will have some validity. Otherwise you have simply yet another empty right wing talking point.

Yes increases for rich people that are not covered by the subsidies. TFB. Wa wa wa.

Changing a Dr? Oh my god! the horror! This coming from some one WITH NO DR for over 20 years.................

TFB? LOL. You leftists are such liars. Drink the Kool-Aid, it's good to be known as nothing but a lemming!

Unfortunately, you won't get any sympathy from liberals/progressives/Democrats.

You see, to them, your greedy employer is screwing their employees over just to make a buck. They won't accept the fact that all that hardship...for your employer and for their employees...was caused by Obamacare.

But then the left is living in it's own head in some form of alternate reality.

Back
Top Bottom