• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama's War on Black Education

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
By Derrick Wilburn
August 28, 2013

Notorious for being violent, under-performing laggards, D.C. public schools have among the highest dropout and lowest graduation rates in the country. In 2007, D.C.'s 4th and 8th grade students scored lower than children from all 50 states on the National Assessment of Education Progress (NAEP). Fewer than half of children in D.C, public schools rated "proficient"!

So President G.W. Bush signed the D.C. School Choice Incentive Act, creating a program to provide scholarships to students from low-income families to attend a private school of their choice. This program targeted 2,000 children from low-income families in Washington D.C. In 2008 the program funded attendance at 54 D.C.-area private schools.

In one of his first acts as President in March of 2009, Barack Obama signed the $410 billion omnibus spending bill in to law. Buried in that bill was an appeasement to the teacher's unions that helped put him into the White House; an amendment that killed the District of Columbia's school voucher program, then known as the "D.C. Opportunity Scholarship Program." Over 94% of the participating families in the D.C. voucher program were black families. The immensely successful program allowed parents of children in failing, inner-city schools to send their children elsewhere.

Read more:
Articles: Obama's War on Black Education

Guess the "Gangsta" in Obama is showing when he cuts education in favor to thugs.

How about instead of sending them to private schools you fix the public school system. The problem with public education is partly a cultural issue, language especially with the advent of rap music and no grammar classes being required for graduation the English language has degenerated into a mess where children can't understand problems presented to them in math or science. IF we fix language we can fix a lot of other problems.

Last edited:
Guess the "Gangsta" in Obama is showing when he cuts education in favor to thugs.

Yep. If they learned to read and think, they wouldn't vote for people like Obama.

How about instead of sending them to private schools you fix the public school system. The problem with public education is partly a cultural issue, language especially with the advent of rap music and no grammar classes being required for graduation the English language has degenerated into a mess where children can't understand problems presented to them in math or science. IF we fix language we can fix a lot of other problems.

How about abolish the DOE and let the teachers unions dissolve and let states handle their own business?
We've poured trillions of dollars into "education" and kids today are more ignorant than ever. We're probably not even in the top 20 in education any more.

Nearly Half Of Detroit's Adults Are Functionally Illiterate, Report Finds

I know..I know..huffpo...but when an arm of the government propaganda machine actually admits the system is broken there's really something wrong in america.

Here's another one.
Study Finds 47% Of Detroit Residents Are Functionally Illiterate

The report notes that half of the illiterate population has either a high school diploma or a GED. That’s beside the point. Virtually the entire illiterate population has completed elementary school, the level at which reading is theoretically taught. That’s seven years of schooling (k-6), at a cost of roughly $100,000, for… nothing.

Per pupil spending in Detroit as of 2008 was $13,000, which is higher than some people pay for private schooling in other parts of the country. Clearly, the system has failed and the taxpayers aren’t getting their moneys worth. Unfortunately, at least half of them aren’t able to read the report (PDF) to figure that out.

Yep. If they learned to read and think, they wouldn't vote for people like Obama.

Yes, this explains why in 14 out of 16 categories, the higher the education, the more likely to vote democrat.

Face it, without the college drop out redneck vote, the Republican Party would be no more.

How Do College Graduates Vote? | Ten Miles Square | The Washington Monthly

Democrats do better among the most and least educated groups « Statistical Modeling, Causal Inference, and Social Science Statistical Modeling, Causal Inference, and Social Science

Additionally, the more money people make, the more likely they are to vote for Democrats or "Obama".
I bet that makes some of your heads explode... you know, you guys that are poor but work so hard to protect all those Democrat's money.
Democrat's who are trying to pay that money in to help, you poor people... that vote mostly Republican.

The Types of People Who Voted for Obama - Rebecca Greenfield - The Atlantic Wire

Yes, this explains why in 14 out of 16 categories, the higher the education, the more likely to vote democrat.

Face it, without the college drop out redneck vote, the Republican Party would be no more.

How Do College Graduates Vote? | Ten Miles Square | The Washington Monthly

Democrats do better among the most and least educated groups « Statistical Modeling, Causal Inference, and Social Science Statistical Modeling, Causal Inference, and Social Science

Additionally, the more money people make, the more likely they are to vote for Democrats or "Obama".
I bet that makes some of your heads explode... you know, you guys that are poor but work so hard to protect all those Democrat's money.
Democrat's who are trying to pay that money in to help, you poor people... that vote mostly Republican.

The Types of People Who Voted for Obama - Rebecca Greenfield - The Atlantic Wire

Mighty strange world you live in... :roll:

Mighty strange world you live in... :roll:

It's your world too.
Clearly you did not read the links.

College graduates lean slightly Democrat.
But Post Graduate (masters degree and upward) lean heavily Democrat

High school degree with no college leans Republican.

High school drop out leans Democrat.

The last statistic can be explained by the high school drop out rate of African Americans and their racial bias towards voting and therefore can be extracted.

It is also a fact that the more money someone makes the more likely they are to vote Democrat.

These are not theories or speculations, they are solid facts that have been around for quite some time.

How about abolish the DOE and let the teachers unions dissolve and let states handle their own business?
We've poured trillions of dollars into "education" and kids today are more ignorant than ever. We're probably not even in the top 20 in education any more.

Nearly Half Of Detroit's Adults Are Functionally Illiterate, Report Finds

I know..I know..huffpo...but when an arm of the government propaganda machine actually admits the system is broken there's really something wrong in america.

Here's another one.
Study Finds 47% Of Detroit Residents Are Functionally Illiterate

The report notes that half of the illiterate population has either a high school diploma or a GED. That’s beside the point. Virtually the entire illiterate population has completed elementary school, the level at which reading is theoretically taught. That’s seven years of schooling (k-6), at a cost of roughly $100,000, for… nothing.

Per pupil spending in Detroit as of 2008 was $13,000, which is higher than some people pay for private schooling in other parts of the country. Clearly, the system has failed and the taxpayers aren’t getting their moneys worth. Unfortunately, at least half of them aren’t able to read the report (PDF) to figure that out.

It can be said that our First Black President has destroyed the people that elected him for the passed 4 years. What would MLK think of the devastation Obama has wrought on Afro-Americans

It can be said that our First Black President has destroyed the people that elected him for the passed 4 years. What would MLK think of the devastation Obama has wrought on Afro-Americans

I imagine he would blame it all on white people because everyone knows all white people are racists and negroes aren't responsible for their own failures. :roll:

It's your world too.

The last statistic can be explained by the high school drop out rate of African Americans and their racial bias towards voting and therefore can be extracted.

It is also a fact that the more money someone makes the more likely they are to vote Democrat.

These are not theories or speculations, they are solid facts that have been around for quite some time.

Can you please cite the factual information you seem to be quoting?
When my children were growing and we spoke about vocation and careers, I would tell them what I wished they could become, but in reality I knew they would follow their own paths. One choose to make the military his career and has a degree in Nursing. The other who also served in the military is a certified auto mechanic who owns his own business. My eldest daughter worked and went to night school to become a Para-Legal. The only theory I have is that each parent must be interested and nurture the education and mind of their children. This happens to be obviously lacking in the parents of today. I'm not claiming that it's only the fault of parents within America, I also blame the Federal system of education. I find it an important part of the problems facing the education of our young.

Last edited:
It's your world too.

You're right, liberal arts majors without jobs are quite heavily in favor of Democrats.

Can you please cite the factual information you seem to be quoting?

I gave 3 random links in the previous post.
But if you google it, there are hundreds.
There are also several from the Republican perspective that can be found. They might sugar coat it and try to offer alternative reasons such as "those evil liberal college professors", but they still back up the facts.

I imagine he would blame it all on white people because everyone knows all white people are racists and negroes aren't responsible for their own failures. :roll:

Sorry Kersey, I do believe that MLK was truly an honest person and if he were alive today he be chasing the Race Hustlers NAACP. Sharpton, and Jackson out. Sometimes I wonder if MLK was killed by the so-called Civil-rights leaders of today. They use MLK as their martyr, yet defile his words of peace, unity and equality. Was James Earl Ray a patsy?

You're right, liberal arts majors without jobs are quite heavily in favor of Democrats.

Undoubtedly true.
As well as the majority of all other post graduates.
And as well as a slim majority of those with a 4 year degree.

Your forgetting that is it also a fact that the more money one makes, the more likely they were to vote for Obama.
This would seem to indicate that the majority of high educated Americans voting for Obama was not merely skewed by unemployed art majors.

Sorry Kersey, I do believe that MLK was truly an honest person and if he were alive today he be chasing the Race Hustlers NAACP. Sharpton, and Jackson out. Sometimes I wonder if MLK was killed by the so-called Civil-rights leaders of today. They use MLK as their martyr, yet defile his words of peace, unity and equality. Was James Earl Ray a patsy?

It's ok...
Even wiki has to admit he was an adulterer, had communist associates and sympathies and was a plagiarist...and you KNOW how wiki is...LMAO..I'm sure it pains them but the truth is too large to conceal.

He was a confirmed adulterer; His friend Ralph Abernathy acknowledged he "had a weakness for women". King explained his own extramarital affairs as "a form of anxiety reduction".
The FBI even had audio tapes of him recorded during extramarital trysts.Judge John Lewis Smith, Jr. in 1977 ordered that all known copies of the recorded audiotapes and written transcripts resulting from the FBI's electronic surveillance of King between 1963 and 1968 to be held in the National Archives and sealed from public access until 2027.

The Bureau received authorization to proceed with wiretapping from Attorney General Robert F. Kennedy in the fall of 1963[188] and informed President John F. Kennedy, both of whom unsuccessfully tried to persuade King to dissociate himself from Stanley Levison, a New York lawyer who had been involved with Communist Party USA.[189][190] Although Robert Kennedy only gave written approval for limited wiretapping of King's phones "on a trial basis, for a month or so",[191] Hoover extended the clearance so his men were "unshackled" to look for evidence in any areas of King's life they deemed worthy.[192] The Bureau placed wiretaps on Levison's and King's home and office phones, and bugged King's rooms in hotels as he traveled across the country.[189][193] In 1967, Hoover listed the SCLC as a black nationalist hate group, with the instructions: "No opportunity should be missed to exploit through counterintelligence techniques the organizational and personal conflicts of the leaderships of the groups ... to insure the targeted group is disrupted, ridiculed, or discredited."

He had known, proven communist ties; among them close associates Hunter Pitts Odell and Stanley Levison....

The Southern Christian Leadership Conference, formed in 1957 and led by Dr. King, also had as its vice president Rev. Fred Shuttlesworth who was at the same time president of the Southern Conference Education Fund, an identified communist front.

King maintained correspondence with Carl Braden (communist, sentenced to 15 years’ imprisonment for sedition)
Anne Braden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also on the board of SCLC was Bayard Rustin (member of the Young Communist League)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayard_Rust…

In 1957, King addressed the Highlander Folk School in Monteagle, Tenn. which was originally called Commonwealth College until it was sited by the House Committee on un-American Activities as being a communist front
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commonwealt…

In 1960, King hired Hunter Pitts O’Dell (member of the Communist Party U.S.A ), to work at SCLC.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunter_Pitt…

According to the St Louis Globe Democrat (Oct. 26, 1962) “A Communist has infiltrated the top administrative post in the Rev. Martin Luther King’s SCLC"
qfind.net

He plagiarized his doctoral thesis and other writings;

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s papers were donated by his wife Coretta Scott King to Stanford University's King Papers Project. During the late 1980s, as the papers were being organized and catalogued, the staff of the project discovered that King's doctoral dissertation at Boston University, titled A Comparison of the Conception of God in the Thinking of Paul Tillich and Henry Nelson Wieman, included large sections from a dissertation written by another student (Jack Boozer) three years earlier at Boston University.[1][2]

As Clayborne Carson, director of the King Papers Project at Stanford University, has written, "instances of textual appropriation can be seen in his earliest extant writings as well as his dissertation. The pattern is also noticeable in his speeches and sermons throughout his career."[3]

Boston University, where King received his Ph.D. in systematic theology, conducted an investigation that found he plagiarized major portions of his doctoral thesis from various other authors who wrote about the topic.[4][5]

According to civil rights historian Ralph E. Luker, who worked on the King Papers Project directing the research on King's early life, King's paper The Chief Characteristics and Doctrines of Mahayana Buddhism[6] was taken almost entirely from secondary sources.[7] He writes:

Moreover, the farther King went in his academic career, the more deeply ingrained the patterns of borrowing language without clear attribution became. Thus, the plagiarism in his dissertation seemed to be, by then, the product of his long-established practice.[7]

The incident was first reported in the December 3, 1989 edition of the Sunday Telegraph by Frank Johnson, titled "Martin Luther King—Was He a Plagiarist?" The incident was then reported in U.S. in the November 9, 1990 edition of the Wall Street Journal, under the title of "To Their Dismay, King Scholars Find a Troubling Pattern." Several other newspapers then followed with stories, including the Boston Globe and the New York Times. Numerous newspaper editorials defended King, saying he was still a great man regardless of his academic fraud.[citation needed]

Boston University decided not to revoke his doctorate, saying that although King acted improperly, his dissertation still "makes an intelligent contribution to scholarship." However, a letter is now attached to King's dissertation in the university library, noting that numerous passages were included without the appropriate quotations and citations of sources.[1][8][9]

....and his birth name was "Michael", not Martin Luther..His father just decided to change his sons name...I guess that's ok...whatever...

If he REALLY wanted a colorblind society he would have advocated people advancing solely based on their abiliites...and no preferences for skin color...

It's ok...
Even wiki has to admit he was an adulterer, had communist associates and sympathies and was a plagiarist...and you KNOW how wiki is...LMAO..I'm sure it pains them but the truth is too large to conceal.

He was a confirmed adulterer; His friend Ralph Abernathy acknowledged he "had a weakness for women". King explained his own extramarital affairs as "a form of anxiety reduction".
The FBI even had audio tapes of him recorded during extramarital trysts.Judge John Lewis Smith, Jr. in 1977 ordered that all known copies of the recorded audiotapes and written transcripts resulting from the FBI's electronic surveillance of King between 1963 and 1968 to be held in the National Archives and sealed from public access until 2027.

The Bureau received authorization to proceed with wiretapping from Attorney General Robert F. Kennedy in the fall of 1963[188] and informed President John F. Kennedy, both of whom unsuccessfully tried to persuade King to dissociate himself from Stanley Levison, a New York lawyer who had been involved with Communist Party USA.[189][190] Although Robert Kennedy only gave written approval for limited wiretapping of King's phones "on a trial basis, for a month or so",[191] Hoover extended the clearance so his men were "unshackled" to look for evidence in any areas of King's life they deemed worthy.[192] The Bureau placed wiretaps on Levison's and King's home and office phones, and bugged King's rooms in hotels as he traveled across the country.[189][193] In 1967, Hoover listed the SCLC as a black nationalist hate group, with the instructions: "No opportunity should be missed to exploit through counterintelligence techniques the organizational and personal conflicts of the leaderships of the groups ... to insure the targeted group is disrupted, ridiculed, or discredited."

He had known, proven communist ties; among them close associates Hunter Pitts Odell and Stanley Levison....

The Southern Christian Leadership Conference, formed in 1957 and led by Dr. King, also had as its vice president Rev. Fred Shuttlesworth who was at the same time president of the Southern Conference Education Fund, an identified communist front.

King maintained correspondence with Carl Braden (communist, sentenced to 15 years’ imprisonment for sedition)
Anne Braden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also on the board of SCLC was Bayard Rustin (member of the Young Communist League)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayard_Rust…

In 1957, King addressed the Highlander Folk School in Monteagle, Tenn. which was originally called Commonwealth College until it was sited by the House Committee on un-American Activities as being a communist front
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commonwealt…

In 1960, King hired Hunter Pitts O’Dell (member of the Communist Party U.S.A ), to work at SCLC.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunter_Pitt…

According to the St Louis Globe Democrat (Oct. 26, 1962) “A Communist has infiltrated the top administrative post in the Rev. Martin Luther King’s SCLC"
qfind.net

He plagiarized his doctoral thesis and other writings;

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s papers were donated by his wife Coretta Scott King to Stanford University's King Papers Project. During the late 1980s, as the papers were being organized and catalogued, the staff of the project discovered that King's doctoral dissertation at Boston University, titled A Comparison of the Conception of God in the Thinking of Paul Tillich and Henry Nelson Wieman, included large sections from a dissertation written by another student (Jack Boozer) three years earlier at Boston University.[1][2]

As Clayborne Carson, director of the King Papers Project at Stanford University, has written, "instances of textual appropriation can be seen in his earliest extant writings as well as his dissertation. The pattern is also noticeable in his speeches and sermons throughout his career."[3]

Boston University, where King received his Ph.D. in systematic theology, conducted an investigation that found he plagiarized major portions of his doctoral thesis from various other authors who wrote about the topic.[4][5]

According to civil rights historian Ralph E. Luker, who worked on the King Papers Project directing the research on King's early life, King's paper The Chief Characteristics and Doctrines of Mahayana Buddhism[6] was taken almost entirely from secondary sources.[7] He writes:

Moreover, the farther King went in his academic career, the more deeply ingrained the patterns of borrowing language without clear attribution became. Thus, the plagiarism in his dissertation seemed to be, by then, the product of his long-established practice.[7]

The incident was first reported in the December 3, 1989 edition of the Sunday Telegraph by Frank Johnson, titled "Martin Luther King—Was He a Plagiarist?" The incident was then reported in U.S. in the November 9, 1990 edition of the Wall Street Journal, under the title of "To Their Dismay, King Scholars Find a Troubling Pattern." Several other newspapers then followed with stories, including the Boston Globe and the New York Times. Numerous newspaper editorials defended King, saying he was still a great man regardless of his academic fraud.[citation needed]

Boston University decided not to revoke his doctorate, saying that although King acted improperly, his dissertation still "makes an intelligent contribution to scholarship." However, a letter is now attached to King's dissertation in the university library, noting that numerous passages were included without the appropriate quotations and citations of sources.[1][8][9]

....and his birth name was "Michael", not Martin Luther..His father just decided to change his sons name...I guess that's ok...whatever...

If he REALLY wanted a colorblind society he would have advocated people advancing solely based on their abiliites...and no preferences for skin color...

The only thing I can think of as an answer is: "Let he without sin be the first to cast the stone." I'm not overlooking MLK's peccadilloes. MLK did say that a man (person) should be measured by the content of his character and not the content of his skin.

The only thing I can think of as an answer is: "Let he without sin be the first to cast the stone." I'm not overlooking MLK's peccadilloes. MLK did say that a man (person) should be measured by the content of his character and not the content of his skin.

No problem. Thanks for the polite reply.

Undoubtedly true.

Your forgetting that is it also a fact that the more money one makes, the more likely they were to vote for Obama.
This would seem to indicate that the majority of high educated Americans voting for Obama was not merely skewed by unemployed art majors.

You nailed it! :2wave:

Nailed alright, if by that you mean the coffin to his argument.

Undoubtedly true.

That is false. Democratic voters as a whole make more money then Republican voters, but this is attributed to the fact that like you said, high school graduates and college dropouts lean Republican. And there are a lot of them. But every tax bracket one moves up, the more likely they were to vote Republican.

Here is the 2010 election data.

Less than 30K per year voted 58% for Dems, 40% for Repubs

30K - 49,999: 52% for Dems, 45% for Repubs

50K-74,999: 46% for Dems, 52% for Repubs

75K - 99,999: 43% for Dems, 56% for Repubs

100K-199,999: 43% for Dems, 56 for Repubs

Over $200,000: 36% for Dems, 62% for Repubs

2012 Presidential election

c8m7ivzuv0gu_jdhtfku2a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom