• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama's US Assassination Program?

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
"A shortlist of U.S. citizens specifically targeted for killing"?

That's right. No arrest. No Miranda rights. No due process. No trial. Just a bullet.

I have 2 questions?

1) I am glad to see Chuck Norris coming out against this, but where the hell was he and other Republicans when Bush was doing it?

2) Democrats had a field day with Bush over this issue. Where the hell are they now?

Doesn't the Constitution mean anything to anybody any more? Sure, attack the other guy for doing it, but when your guy is in office, just shut the **** right up? That's not patriotism. That is cowardice.

Discussion, anyone?

Article is here.

Last edited:
I don't consider assassinations to be an unacceptable tool, even against US. citizens. However, there needs to be a accountability and checks against abuse. While a full trial is obviously impractical, the maximum amount of constitutional protections should be given. A trial with defendant absent should be required before authorizing the assassination of a U.S. citizen.

Ok, first off, Chuckie is an idiot.

Second, is there ANY proof of this AT ALL beyond a regular WorldNutDaily contributor?

I have 2 questions?

1) I am glad to see Chuck Norris coming out against this, but where the hell was he and other Republicans when Bush was doing it?

Approving it because their guy was in charge. This would still be the case if McCain was in the White House.

2) Democrats had a field day with Bush over this issue. Where the hell are they now?

Completely silent because their guy is in charge.

Doesn't the Constitution mean anything to anybody any more? Sure, attack the other guy for doing it, but when your guy is in office, just shut the **** right up? That's not patriotism. That is cowardice.

True but that doesnt stop statists.

Last edited:
I see the left would have been screaming bloody murder had they heard about it during the Bush years, but nary a peep since it's the messiah calling for it. What hypocrisy.

So is the government now going to target Tea Party leaders and attendees for assassination?

Last edited:
I don't see what the big deal is killing terrorist overseas.

They mean to kill Americans.
They are on foreign soil where the law can't always reach them.
They have committed Treason, and last time I checked... you can execute folks for that.

So do we risk lives to bring these particular scum bags in, or just waste them?

Chuck's playing politics, that's disappointing.

I really doubt Bush didn't do something like this, but I never heard any outcry about it from the left. Any solid links to such outcry?

Also I bet every President for the last half-century has had such a list/program.

They mean to kill Americans.
They are on foreign soil where the law can't always reach them.
They have committed Treason, and last time I checked... you can execute folks for that.

Tto be convicted of treason, you get a trial to prove your guilt beforehand. Hypothetically speaking, if Obama ordered to have you killed when you went on vacation to Mexico, there would be nothing stopping him from doing so. Assassinations have there place, but such an obviously dangerous power needs safeguards to prevent abuse.

The US citizen in question is Anwar al-Awleki and he's Al Qaeda's senior recruiter, trainer, planner and motivator and is responsible for advising and mentoring three of the 9/11 hijackers, the Fort Hood shooter, the failed Christmas Day bomber, the failed Times Sqaure Bomber, and more recently an Alaskan Muslim convert who made a hit list of American citizens that he was going to send mail bombs to. But don't worry your wee little heads, conservatives, because they were all read their Miranda rights.

Oooo, I hope it doesn't hurt your wee little brains to read a bit about "targeted killing". But do give it a try babies, you might learn a thing or two about a thing or two.....

"...On April 6, The New York Times also reported that President Obama had authorized the targeted killing of al-Awlaki.[28] The CIA and the U.S. military both maintain lists of terrorists linked to al-Qaeda and its affiliates who are approved for capture or killing.[28] Because he is a U.S. citizen, his inclusion on those lists was approved by the National Security Council.[28] U.S. officials said it is extremely rare, if not unprecedented, for an American to be approved for targeted killing.[28] The New York Times reported that international law allows the use of lethal force against people who pose an imminent threat to a country, and U.S. officials said that was the standard used in adding names to the target list.[28] In addition, Congress approved the use of military force against al-Qaeda after 9/11.[28] People on the target list are considered military enemies of the U.S., and therefore not subject to a ban on political assassinations approved by former President Gerald Ford.[152] The tribe wrote, “We warn against cooperating with America to kill Sheik Anwar al-Awlaki. We will not stand by idly and watch.”[152]
Anwar al-Awlaki - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So as you can see little leper cons, Bush failed to catch Al Qaeda's senior recruiter who was living right under his nose for almost his entire presidency. So now Obama has to do what Bush failed to do and that is to take out the terrorist once and for all. And you better hope he succeeds because the terrorist al-Alwaki is still using the internet to recruit US and British laddies. In fact, there are probably hundreds of al-Awlaki devotees living and working among you right now just waiting to please al-Alwaki. And some even look just like you and after reading some of you defend the terrorist al-Alwaki, why they could even be you....
images

Blue eyed, red haired Paul Gene Rockwood, convert to Islam in Virginia 2002...

..and Nadia his lovely little wife, homemaker and mother of a little boy and five months pregnant with another on the way....the dear girl hand delivered the hit list to a friend.
6253F5B4668C272394734D91F9FAD.jpg

"...So beloved were Paul Rockwood Jr. and his wife, Nadia, that when they left King Salmon in May to move to England, where Nadia was born, more than 30 people — pretty much their entire circle of friends — showed up at the airport. The choir sang "Wherever You Go," and "people were just bawling," said Rebecca Hamon, a friend of the couple.
Terrorism case baffles remote Alaska town - Los Angeles Times

Channel 6 News » Alaska man sentenced to eight years for hit list

Any US citizen who would even think to defend the Al Qaeda terrorist, al-Awlaki has their head up up their arse. Ooo, that would be up-Chuck Norris, the sucky B-movie has-been actor and air head guest on FoxNews. My goodness, what an irrelevant, stupid man he is.

Last edited:
Chill out. Cops wont attack a voting bloc that they need.

Cops, I'm not worried about, but what of the SEIU? They are notorious for crashing Tea Parties with the idea of starting trouble and other problems.

The US citizen in question is Anwar al-Awleki and he's Al Qaeda's senior recruiter, trainer, planner and motivator and is responsible for advising and mentoring three of the 9/11 hijackers, the Fort Hood shooter, the failed Christmas Day bomber, the failed Times Sqaure Bomber, and more recently an Alaskan Muslim convert who made a hit list of American citizens that he was going to send mail bombs to. But don't worry your wee little heads, conservatives, because they were all read their Miranda rights.

Oooo, I hope it doesn't hurt your wee little brains to read a bit about "targeted killing". But do give it a try babies, you might learn a thing or two about a thing or two.....

So as you can see little leper cons, Bush failed to catch Al Qaeda's senior recruiter who was living right under his nose for almost his entire presidency. So now Obama has to do what Bush failed to do and that is to take out the terrorist once and for all. And you better hope he succeeds because the terrorist al-Alwaki is still using the internet to recruit US and British laddies. In fact, there are probably hundreds of al-Awlaki devotees living and working among you right now just waiting to please al-Alwaki. And some even look just like you and after reading some of you defend the terrorist al-Alwaki, why they could even be you....
images

..and Nadia his lovely little wife, homemaker and mother of a little boy and five months pregnant with another on the way....the dear girl hand delivered the hit list to a friend.

"...So beloved were Paul Rockwood Jr. and his wife, Nadia, that when they left King Salmon in May to move to England, where Nadia was born, more than 30 people — pretty much their entire circle of friends — showed up at the airport. The choir sang "Wherever You Go," and "people were just bawling," said Rebecca Hamon, a friend of the couple.

Any US citizen who would even think to defend the Al Qaeda terrorist, al-Awlaki has their head up up their arse. Ooo, that would be up-Chuck Norris, the sucky B-movie has-been actor and air head guest on FoxNews. My goodness, what an irrelevant, stupid man he is.

Well, that's nice that you have said all this, but couldn't you have just condensed everything down to just an insult of Chuck Norris, since that seemed to be your original intent?

Cops, I'm not worried about, but what of the SEIU? They are notorious for crashing Tea Parties with the idea of starting trouble and other problems.

SEIU isnt law enforcement despite all the retarded conservative consiparcy theories. Someone harrasses you, you get out your pistol and shoot them.

images

Wait, so the Fort Hood shooter was an al Qaeda terrorist and not some isolated, depressed, poor soul who just snapped because of the stress the military is under?

'Coz I'd swear that's what we were told. Yup. Pretty sure about that.

I have 2 questions?

Discussion, anyone?

Article is here.

Isn't assisantion of individuals who are causing problems favorable to annihilating an entire people who happen to occupy the same territory?

And this isn't "killing American Citizens who are walking down the street minding their own business" - this is still focused *on* noted terrorists.

:shrug: Overall - I don't mind assassination and, in fact, I see it as a valuable tool that would step around other dire consequences that come from a more brutal and open campaign of some type.

Last edited:
Doesn't the Constitution mean anything to anybody any more?

The answer is no. You know why?

The Republocrats and their followers are both busy tearing it up in order to control their political adversaries.

I wouldn't care so much if it weren't setting an example for the rest of the western world. My own country's conservatives have started down the track of complete lack of transparency and mudslinging at the other party while selling out Canadian freedoms.

Modern democracy is beginning to stagnate.

Anyone who doesn't think we should have the equivalent of "Wanted: Dead or Alive" lists doesn't live in the real world. They've been around forever.

Oh, and you'll have to excuse me if I don't get my "facts" from Chuck Norris. Good grief.

Wait, so the Fort Hood shooter was an al Qaeda terrorist and not some isolated, depressed, poor soul who just snapped because of the stress the military is under?

'Coz I'd swear that's what we were told. Yup. Pretty sure about that.
I have no idea what you were told, but as far I'm concerned the Fort Hood shooter had enough contact with Al al-Alwaki, having attended his sermons and exchanging emails, and then succeeding in terrorizing and killing Americans on US soil that he would qualify as a terrorist. So if what you were told was before all the facts were in, then you were probably were told wrong as a lot of people were.

Well, that's nice that you have said all this, but couldn't you have just condensed everything down to just an insult of Chuck Norris, since that seemed to be your original intent?

So is it your intent to discuss just Chuck Norris? Go on then, I'm listening, let's hear what you have to say about Chuck Norris.

The Republocrats and their followers are both busy tearing it up in order to control their political adversaries.
Republicans? Anwar al-Awleki is on Obama's (D) hit list and his assassination is supported by Obama's State Department and justified by Obama's Attorney General.

I have no idea what you were told, but as far I'm concerned the Fort Hood shooter had enough contact with Al al-Alwaki, having attended his sermons and exchanging emails, and then succeeding in terrorizing and killing Americans on US soil that he would qualify as a terrorist. So if what you were told was before all the facts were in, then you were probably were told wrong as a lot of people were.

It's still the official Obama administration position on it.

It's still the official Obama administration position on it.

Dang, you're right. Well, Hasan certainly fits all the criteria to be a domestic terrorist, imo. So I don't know why he isn't , unless it has something to do with the military wanting to try him in a military court where he will most assuredly get the death penalty.

Back
Top Bottom