• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama's Successful Foreign Failure

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
By Norman Podhoretz
9/9/2013

It is entirely understandable that Barack Obama's way of dealing with Syria in recent weeks should have elicited responses ranging from puzzlement to disgust. Even members of his own party are despairingly echoing in private the public denunciations of him as "incompetent," "bungling," "feckless," "amateurish" and "in over his head" coming from his political opponents on the right.

For how else to characterize a president who declares war against what he calls a great evil demanding immediate extirpation and in the next breath announces that he will postpone taking action for at least 10 days—and then goes off to play golf before embarking on a trip to another part of the world?

*snip*

Summing up the net effect of all this, as astute a foreign observer as Conrad Black can flatly say that, "Not since the disintegration of the Soviet Union in 1991, and before that the fall of France in 1940, has there been so swift an erosion of the world influence of a Great Power as we are witnessing with the United States."

Yet if this is indeed the pass to which Mr. Obama has led us—and I think it is—let me suggest that it signifies not how incompetent and amateurish the president is, but how skillful. His foreign policy, far from a dismal failure, is a brilliant success as measured by what he intended all along to accomplish. The accomplishment would not have been possible if the intention had been too obvious. The skill lies in how effectively he has used rhetorical tricks to disguise it.

(Excerpt)

Read more:
Norman Podhoretz: Obama's Successful Foreign Failure - WSJ.com

Obama's Fundamental Transformation of America. Massive failure in management, Massive Debt, Massive Unemployment, Massive failure in Foreign relations, overall Massive failure of competence.

Leftists screw up everything they touch. This latest screw up, does not surprise me.

Maybe its time for impeachment. Seriously! Afterall Biden seemed really upset during the election last year that Romney would lead us to war with Syria; so he must be against it - right :)

Leftists screw up everything they touch. This latest screw up, does not surprise me.

Yep the left screwed up having minors work in slave shop factories, slave wages, having women vote, and blacks having the right to vote as well. Yep, all screwed up. ****ing Yankee.

Maybe its time for impeachment. Seriously! Afterall Biden seemed really upset during the election last year that Romney would lead us to war with Syria; so he must be against it - right :)

...and you relish the sound of the words President Biden? Are you familiar with the laws of succession?

Be careful what you wish for.......

...and you relish the sound of the words President Biden? Are you familiar with the laws of succession?

Well, Bidens foot-in-mouth disease certainly would give American's something to laugh about at the very least.

What did the right wing ever get right? We're still paying for the damage they've done.

Well, Bidens foot-in-mouth disease certainly would give American's something to laugh about at the very least.

So you are more comfortable with Biden than Obama? He's white. He has impressed me by not being a millionaire (really).

So? Is Joe the man to lead us until 2016?

The only question I have is: what comes next after we are finally rid of this treasonous buffoon?
Will we allow this country to continue to be run into the dirt?

At this point yes. I think obama is such a miserable failure for the people of the United States and now borders on the criminal. If he is unwilling to accept the realities in the world that the international red line is his own and a stupid one at that then its time for him to step down or be legally removed and I have no trouble with President Biden. I'm more than willing to give him a chance. Besides it would be harder for hilda to run against an incumbent president seeking re election in his own party - he can probably make her VP which I'm cool with as long as he stays healthy.

By Norman Podhoretz
9/9/2013

*snip*

Summing up the net effect of all this, as astute a foreign observer as Conrad Black can flatly say that, "Not since the disintegration of the Soviet Union in 1991, and before that the fall of France in 1940, has there been so swift an erosion of the world influence of a Great Power as we are witnessing with the United States."

Yet if this is indeed the pass to which Mr. Obama has led us—and I think it is—let me suggest that it signifies not how incompetent and amateurish the president is, but how skillful. His foreign policy, far from a dismal failure, is a brilliant success as measured by what he intended all along to accomplish. The accomplishment would not have been possible if the intention had been too obvious. The skill lies in how effectively he has used rhetorical tricks to disguise it.

(Excerpt)

Read more:
Norman Podhoretz: Obama's Successful Foreign Failure - WSJ.com

Obama's Fundamental Transformation of America. Massive failure in management, Massive Debt, Massive Unemployment, Massive failure in Foreign relations, overall Massive failure of competence.

So says "astute foreign observer, Conrad Black"...........

Conrad Black charged with 8 counts of fraud - Business - CBC News

.....from his prison cell.

So you are more comfortable with Biden than Obama? He's white. He has impressed me by not being a millionaire (really).
Skin color and bank accounts are bad predictors of leadership. I'm more comfortable watching Joe on TV making uncomfortable and inappropriate statements that later get turned into pop culture catch phrases.

So? Is Joe the man to lead us until 2016?

With this type of Joe gold... I can't think of anyone else to keep America smiling on the Democratic ticket.
Joe GOLD

At this point yes. I think obama is such a miserable failure for the people of the United States and now borders on the criminal. If he is unwilling to accept the realities in the world that the international red line is his own and a stupid one at that then its time for him to step down or be legally removed and I have no trouble with President Biden. I'm more than willing to give him a chance. Besides it would be harder for hilda to run against an incumbent president seeking re election in his own party - he can probably make her VP which I'm cool with as long as he stays healthy.

Skin color and bank accounts are bad predictors of leadership. I'm more comfortable watching Joe on TV making uncomfortable and inappropriate statements that later get turned into pop culture catch phrases.

Joe GOLD

Well, I want to acknowledge that you both gave reasonable and rational responses.

Personally, I can't even imagine the impeachment of Obama (and I've got a pretty fanciful imagination) but it's a pleasure to have a conversation that doesn't devolve into name-calling and ludicrous accusations. I'm no (longer) an Obama fan but I'm afraid that we just have to hope for the best for the next 3-some years ahead.

"I am absolutely certain that Iraq possesses WMD, and that Saddam Hussein was behind the 9-11 attacks."
That is why the president who said that adopted a policy of 'anticipatory self-defense.' Bush will live in infamy for what he did

Yes I will admit I toss the obummer, ofailure, incompetent failure, loser human, and other innuendo's at the man. His actions make me angry and they have consequences too. We should trust our leaders; I don't him. We should respect our leaders, I don't him. Its not just disagreement its disgust, its not just a different political point of view its right v. wrong, and the man too be is beyond contempt. Congress should impeach him, particularly if he keeps his head firmly buried into the drums of war over Syria.

Well, I want to acknowledge that you both gave reasonable and rational responses.

Personally, I can't even imagine the impeachment of Obama (and I've got a pretty fanciful imagination) but it's a pleasure to have a conversation that doesn't devolve into name-calling and ludicrous accusations. I'm no (longer) an Obama fan but I'm afraid that we just have to hope for the best for the next 3-some years ahead.

Once in a few blue moons the libs do get something right. But even when they do get it right, they want more change and they screw up what was working and continue getting everything wrong.

With the left it's all about trial and error. They never think things through and what the consequences will be with their experimentations.

Yes I will admit I toss the obummer, ofailure, incompetent failure, loser human, and other innuendo's at the man. His actions make me angry and they have consequences too. We should trust our leaders; I don't him. We should respect our leaders, I don't him. Its not just disagreement its disgust, its not just a different political point of view its right v. wrong, and the man too be is beyond contempt. Congress should impeach him, particularly if he keeps his head firmly buried into the drums of war over Syria.

I can't remember a single President that I "trusted". What is there to trust them about? First, they buy their way into politics, financed by their handlers. They not only reward their investors, they find more investors and become very wealthy. Then they get even more investors to run billion dollar campaigns to get the toip position. By the time they get as far as Congress/Senate, they are already corrupted and their concerns are taken up with giving their shareholders a good ROI.

So, really, how is Obama any different/worse than his many predecessors? This is our form of Government and it's not a particularly good one, just slightly better than the risk of alternatives such as benevolent dictators who forget to remain benevolent.

So says "astute foreign observer, Conrad Black"...........

Conrad Black charged with 8 counts of fraud - Business - CBC News

.....from his prison cell.

So that precludes any veracity Mr. Black has, and the premise of Mr. Podhoretz, while others also same the same? So you therefore reject the following that were made last year that did not include the massive errors that Obama has just made by attempting to start WWIII?

Obama’s foreign policy failures catalogued | Power Line

www.powerlineblog.com/archives/.../obamas-foreign-policy-failures...

With the help of the mainstream media, President Obama has been able to pass himself off as a successful president when it comes to foreign policy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Libya, Syria, Afghanistan, and Obama’s Foreign Policy Failures ...

US News & World Report | News & Rankings | Best Colleges, Best Hospitals, and more › Opinion › World Report

Obama Can Talk to Congress About Syria, ... is a longer-term foreign policy failure of both the Obama and ... Can Mitt Romney Best Barack Obama on Foreign Policy?

The president did his thing with this solyndra buddies, and he's hired nothing but banksters to give him financial policies and your other illustrations are most accurate. I can stomoch those things in every president including this one - I don't have to like them. Those are not the limits of this man's failures. He is saddling this nation with a period of stagnation like none we have ever encountered, he lies about his true intentions for political expediency but to an extreme not just the norm and he has no business leading this great nation. I could respect him if he stepped down - otherwise I can't.

I can't remember a single President that I "trusted". What is there to trust them about? First, they buy their way into politics, financed by their handlers. They not only reward their investors, they find more investors and become very wealthy. Then they get even more investors to run billion dollar campaigns to get the toip position. By the time they get as far as Congress/Senate, they are already corrupted and their concerns are taken up with giving their shareholders a good ROI.

So, really, how is Obama any different/worse than his many predecessors? This is our form of Government and it's not a particularly good one, just slightly better than the risk of alternatives such as benevolent dictators who forget to remain benevolent.

The president did his thing with this solyndra buddies, and he's hired nothing but banksters to give him financial policies and your other illustrations are most accurate. I can stomoch those things in every president including this one - I don't have to like them. Those are not the limits of this man's failures. He is saddling this nation with a period of stagnation like none we have ever encountered, he lies about his true intentions for political expediency but to an extreme not just the norm and he has no business leading this great nation. I could respect him if he stepped down - otherwise I can't.

I'm not suggesting you respect him. I am curious what you think he should have done that would have had better results. We've been in stagnation for close to 15 years, which includes the 2 previous Presidencies as well as Obama.

I try not to post the same opinions over and over again here but I do feel that the greatest of our problems has more to do with globalization and automation than any actions by any President. I'd be hard pressed to say that whether we had a President McCain or a President Romney, that things would be noticeably different than they are today.

Do you remember how vibrant the economy was during the 90s? Do you think that was influenced by President Clinton or was it a more natural event because there was a boom in the technology industry? Did that very same technological development result in the losses of jobs and wages we saw through both the Bush and Obama administrations?

Just because everybody seems to hate anecdotes, I'll throw one in. From 1969 to 1974, I lived in Korea and my business was that of a buyer's agent for various US Corporations including Macys (the only one you've heard of). My job was to find a manufacturer, deliver the design, make sure it was made to specification and shipped in a timely manner. On those rare occasions I spoke with my American and Canadian clients, I would have to book the phone call hours in advance and it cost $3 a minute (about $30 a minute in todays "buying power").

Today, I could watch everything being made over my computer screen and communicate in real time for a few cents a minute. So, I think this has greatly impacted our economy since if I were going to produce something today, I would have no incentive to hire Americans, even at the lowest of wages.

So that precludes any veracity Mr. Black has, and the premise of Mr. Podhoretz, while others also same the same? So you therefore reject the following that were made last year that did not include the massive errors that Obama has just made by attempting to start WWIII?

Obama’s foreign policy failures catalogued | Power Line

www.powerlineblog.com/archives/.../obamas-foreign-policy-failures...

With the help of the mainstream media, President Obama has been able to pass himself off as a successful president when it comes to foreign policy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Libya, Syria, Afghanistan, and Obama’s Foreign Policy Failures ...

US News & World Report | News & Rankings | Best Colleges, Best Hospitals, and more › Opinion › World Report

Obama Can Talk to Congress About Syria, ... is a longer-term foreign policy failure of both the Obama and ... Can Mitt Romney Best Barack Obama on Foreign Policy?

Do you miss Bush? lol

He didn't believe in diplomacy at all.

Anyway, I can't think of a single US president that ever had a lasting success in the ME.

Do you miss Bush? lol

He didn't believe in diplomacy at all.

Anyway, I can't think of a single US president that ever had a lasting success in the ME.

That's why Obama went to Congress for authorization for the Iraq war and the UN Then he had good and firm relations with most of the leaders in Europe unlike Obama.

Articles: Obama's Foreign Policy - American Thinker

www.americanthinker.com/2011/12/obamas_foreign_policy.html

This policy has been absolutely worse than ... Administration there were decent relations. The Bush policy was to ... nation Obama's foreign policy is a failure.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Obama: Worse Than Bush, Less Successful | Poletical.com

www.poletical.com/obama-is-a-failure.php
Obama's presidency has been a failure. ... Worse Than Bush, Less Successful . ... along with the possible collapse of US foreign relations with Russia.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It appears that others agreed with the failures of Obama rather than Bush even before his latest attempt to drag America into WWIII.

Well then we should throw in the towel, close up shop

No, we're as productive and industrial as we ever were. What's changed is how we make things. It's very hard to employ more and more people when there is less and less labor needed for output. If you need labor intensive production, you go elsewhere for lower wages.

That doesn't mean we're failing.

Back
Top Bottom