• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama's Promises

FreshlyMinted

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Has anyone else seen this site? It's a really nice graphical representation of president Obama's campaign promises (made/broken/in the works) I expect, however, that the number will drop dramatically and they don't take into account the brevity of some of the promises as compared to the others. Take a look at the broken promises, they are some of my most important things that a president can do:

No. 234: Allow five days of public comment before signing bills
No. 240: Tougher rules against revolving door for lobbyists and former officials
No. 292: Urge states to treat same-sex couples with full equality in their family and adoption laws
No. 431: Reduce earmarks to 1994 levels

If you are wondering why it isn't in the Promises Broken section, I believe that's because it's under the In Progress area, but to be honest, I don't really understand your post.

lol, it looks to me like he's adding to your list :p

Barack Obama would have made a great class president. I bet there would be pizza in every class...

If you are wondering why it isn't in the Promises Broken section, I believe that's because it's under the In Progress area, but to be honest, I don't really understand your post.

I believe that the year time frame is up.

j-mac

They probably will feel low until he's officially out of office. Until then, one can continue to make the argument that they are "in progress."

As far as the politifact promises list, I never heard of anyone reviewing those promises for accuracy. There are so many, that I imagine quite a few are off-handed suggestions that he made along the campaign trail to appease potential constituents. Such is the definition of "campaigning."

He didn't promise to close the prison in one year??

lol, it looks to me like he's adding to your list :p

Barack Obama would have made a great class president. I bet there would be pizza in every class...

Well..... the promise of pizza in every class, unless he could get someone else to pay for it.

Back
Top Bottom