• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama's Popularity Plunges Amid Controversy[W:74]

Re: Obama's Popularity Plunges Amid Controversy

Just the price you pay for being transparent.
Uh, what? Obama is not transparent. The main thing that's causing his ratings to go down - the NSA leaks - is an issue of the government being the exact opposite of transparent.

Blacks tried the social justice route for almost 50 years, and nothing has changed for them. But getting a couple of guys from Louisianna to see the light, hardly is a fart in a tornado. It's nothing. Black leadership is still stuck on stupid, thinking that promoting a free ride will achieve social acceptance and prosperity for their people. Whites are successful, and blacks think if they do the opposite they'll be succesful too, but in a black way. The right way isn't color coded, and has nothing to do with who invented it. This whole Uncle Tom stuff is all about "not invented here". It's pride....too prideful to try what works. So they try to reinvent the wheel, but instead of a round wheel like the one whites use, they invent a square one (the free ride approach) trying to defy the laws of economics. Any black who wants to use a round wheel is labeled an Uncle Tom and a sell out. Trouble is they won't give it up, and try something different. The model has been right in front of them all along, they just don't like it....... not invented here.

But back on Obama, look how he achieved success....not with a square wheel.
Oop. I never realized you were a racist. The more you know.

The longer I post at DP, the more stereotypes of conservatives that I was previously skeptical of come true.

even among his supporters

Surveillance programs create chasm among Democrats - POLITICO.com

Revelations about the Obama administration’s expansive domestic surveillance programs have opened a chasm between Democratic elected officials and their progressive base — one that could be tricky for the party’s future presidential hopefuls to bridge.

Have Democratic voters become more accepting of surveillance tactics after blasting them during the Bush administration? Or could this become the 2016 version of the 2008 Democratic Party brawl over who voted for the Iraq War, a debate that helped sink Hillary Clinton’s candidacy and elect Barack Obama? It is too soon to say.

But there are certainly echoes of that messy fight about whether Democrats were too close to President George W. Bush’s signature doctrine. In this case, it could turn out to be a disadvantage to have been inside the administration that conducted the phone and email surveillance, as opposed to outside it.

“It’s more of a problem for progressives than it is for conservatives,” said Michael Lind, of the New America Foundation, adding later, “There’s less of a conflict if you’re a conservative."

And in a politically peculiar moment — in which liberal icons like Minnesota Sen. Al Franken, up for reelection next year in a purple state, have loudly endorsed the National Security Agency tactics — the issue creates a vacuum into which a candidate on the left end of the spectrum could step into the 2016 fight.

Both Clinton and Vice President Joe Biden, having served in the Obama administration, could face a backlash from a war-weary party base. Clinton in particular has experience with outrage from progressives over her initially hawkish stand on the Iraq War. Her carefully calibrated walkback of her vote authorizing the war left many voters in the 2008 primaries viewing her as calculated.

Blacks tried the social justice route for almost 50 years, and nothing has changed for them.

Right... just as many lynchings now as back then. The Klan is still holding all the political cards. Please find a clue.

For those of us living in the real world:

Obama's approval ratings have been in the 40's for most of his presidency. He got a bump during the election, which has faded.

In contrast, George Bush's approval rating spiked in the 90% after the 9/11 attacks, and except for starting the invasion of Iraq, nosedived throughout the rest of his term. It fell below 40% in October 2005; he ended his 2nd term below 30% approval.

Obama's ratings could continue to decline, but they might not. Public opinion over the NSA snooping is split, and it's knocked the other scandals out of the media cycle. It's going to take more time to figure out the likely effects.

The longer I post at DP, the more stereotypes of conservatives that I was previously skeptical of come true.

Don't get too discouraged on conservatives. Real conservatives aren't generally racist like that post was.

Right... just as many lynchings now as back then. The Klan is still holding all the political cards. Please find a clue.

They are killing each other like mad. Which is worse--to be killed by a racist or killed in a drive-by?

It was the surveillance and his dismissive response to it that it did it. Prior to the NSA leaks, his ratings were solid through Benghazi, the IRS, et al. The NSA leaks and, particularly his response to them, screwed him even among his supporters. He really ****ed up and my impression is that he doesn't even care.

I agree. And why should he care? He has it made for life. He's looking at it all from a different perspective than most presidents would and is not concerned at all with his 'legacy'. It's a rational response, in a way.

Obama has done more than any other president in making the preliminary steps toward world peace. .

:2rofll: :2rofll::2rofll::2rofll::2rofll:

Have you noticed the Middle East lately ? It was Obama's failed foreign policies that resulted in the Middle East and North Africa being the basket case it is today.

Why can't people discuss race without being 'racist'. It was more about Black attitude than race, and many Black people have a different attitude. Let's drop this constant 'racist' charge whenever the subject is discussed. Black people discuss Whites, and other groups, all the time but there is never this quick rush to judgement

today:

US names Guantanamo Bay prisoners designated for indefinite detention | Fox News

A list released by the U.S. government Monday identifies several dozen Guantanamo Bay prisoners who have been designated as too dangerous to release but who can't be prosecuted.

Those on the list are prisoners who have been held without charge under the Authorized Use of Military Force act passed by Congress and signed by President George W. Bush in 2001, said a spokesman for the Pentagon, Army Lt. Col. Todd Breasseale.

The names of all Guantanamo prisoners have been public for years. But the administration of President Barack Obama had declined to disclose which detainees had been designated for indefinite detention in 2010 by an inter-agency review panel, even though the identity of many of them was widely known through their lawyers.

The government released the list after The Miami Herald sued for the document under the Freedom of Information Act.

Most of the 48 on the list are from Yemen and Afghanistan. Two are now dead -- one by suicide, the other by heart attack.

in just the third month of the obama presidency the senate slammed his admin on closure, 90 to 6

Senate Votes 90-6 To Block Funds For Guantanamo Closure - HuffPo

among the 50 democrat senators voting for the only real scandal of the entire presidency were reid, kerry, schumer, feinstein, boxer, dodd, lieberman, mccaskill, mikulski, webb, warner, wyden, merkley, lautenberg, menendez, gillibrand, klobuchar, stabenow, inouye (appropriations), murray (dscc), rockefeller, kkk byrd, feingold (mr integrity)...

Last edited:

from the cnn poll cited in the op:

35% of americans approve of obama's handling of surveillance of citizens, 61% disapprove

that's 13 points worse then his predecessor

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

check out the lv's (likely voters) and rv's (registered voters): avg 50.7% disapprove of the president's pitiful performance...

all the vampires walking thru the valley turn west down ventura blvd

all the bad boys standing in the shadows, all the good girls home with broken hearts...

Not in your lifetime will you be able to come to the understanding that the tea party is Al Quaida's finest asset from within the belly of the beast. I use the term rhetorically for the comedy value! Because honestly, it is comedy!

Son, you have lived long enough, or you are naïve.

Don't get too discouraged on conservatives. Real conservatives aren't generally racist like that post was.
Stereotypes? Each individual is special in his/her/its own way, and vewy, vewy precious. Except for a few obvious cases of pathologies not yet even defined - but definitely not stereotypical.

Obama needs to clean up his act.

Cleaned up or naturally dirty, he's only got one act.
We've seen it ... it's worn thin.
It's like the final season of a sitcom that's been around too long and the ratings show it.

Obama is just too complicated for the average American, and so the comments on this forum will reflect that. We can only hope that a more sophisticated majority is starting to get it. Obama has done more than any other president in making the preliminary steps toward world peace. He knows only too well that America needs to separate itself from the dependence on ME oil. That of course allows the US to bring all it's armed forces out of the ME. And that's the only beginning needed to the US returning to what it was before Bush2.

The screams of protest over this will likely begin with claims that Obama is now engaging in a new war in Syria. That's a big mistake as it's now become painfully obvious that Obama has been dragging his feet on getting involved with Syria for months. He is being forced into taking a position when in fact, he knows just as everyone else should know, the chem/bio weapons charge against Assad is another trumped up lie that is every bit as obvious as the lies for Iraq were.

This attitude in the US will likely not change and in fact everything positive Obama has strived to accomplish could be quickly reversed by the next president regardless of whether it's a Dem or a Repub.

And as I stated above, the hope is that there is a more sophisticated silent majority lurking behind the scenes who are more understanding and don't have their hands tied right from the beginning by their racist hate problems.

Geezuz Michael .... are you crying? I mean, I know Obama fanboys tend to say goofy things when they get riled up and all but I'm embarrassed for ya.

Son, you have lived long enough, or you are naïve.

That's bordering right on the edge of a personal insult and we don't want to go there do we.
Not to worry though, I've tried on several occasions to get a conversation going on the baggers and their false agenda that's all wrapped up in deep south, KKK, racism, and hate for Obama.

And now to the issue: The tea baggers are splitting the Repub party and preventing it from coming together to form any valid and sane opposition to the Dems and Obama. Thereby fractionalizing and stalemating US politics to the point at which it has become useless infighting and treading water. This has to be in Al Quaida's best interests. Surely it doesn't go unnoticed by the baggers that McCain and his ilk (the real GOP base) is being marginalized by this infighting that is being caused by the bagger faction.

And consider, all for what? Rand Paul and that fringe element of pie in the sky libertarianism can only fail in the end because of it's ability to attract about as much support for their ideology as Ron Paul did. So what's the point? If the Repubs were able to come together and put forward some mainstream ideas that could be accepted by the electorate then they would become dangerous again.

Get it yet? Is it going to be a bunch of crackpot weirdos such as Cane, santorum fluid, a Texan who has difficulty tying his shoe laces, or even better, Palin? Or will the GOP finally throw out the scum and come together to support a bloated fat guy who could be dangerous. I suggest the latter and that spells the end of the bagger movement. And if they don't then that spells defeat for the Repubs again.

Yes, I know that the baggers think they have stumbled on an ideology that is necessary for the US and it's going to change everything. Fine, there's no disagreement on that. It's just that it's bastardized by racist hate, antiquated ideals based on what was written into a constitution that's way out of date, pure dogma, and an unhealthy blending of the extreme right with the extreme left.

It's doomed to failure kids. I've seen it fail in Canada with the reform party fiasco. Get your acts together. I'm just giving you the obvious advice you need from outside your country where it's much more visible and obvious what your country's political problems are.

Geezuz Michael .... are you crying? I mean, I know Obama fanboys tend to say goofy things when they get riled up and all but I'm embarrassed for ya.

Don't feel you need to be embarrassed for me, I'm Canadian and I have nothing at stake. In fact, if the baggers continue as they are without becoming a meaningful political challenge to normal and sane people, it's neither for or against my interests. It's just that I find all this highly entertaining and perhaps positive in a way because the indecision and hate politics within cause more indecision without. That results in a slowed down march to another US led war.

such as Cane

who?

the texan?

LOL!

what an idiot...

maria rosie castro, i mean

No surprise. Conservative policies don't work whether they're implemented by a democrat or a republican.

Back
Top Bottom