• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

O'bama's Policies (Redistribution)

Awesome!

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
If O'bama did not inherit a struggling economy, would his policies create more jobs in the private sector?

They would certainly create more jobs within Government as all the extra regulations have to be seen to be being observed.

Private sector would also need to hire more people who understand and can put the new regulations into effect.

This is all assuming the same policies would have been enacted given a better economy. TARP and the stimulus would likely have not existed. Without a couple wars, we'd have all sorts of extra cash to pay for fun things or to cut taxes with. What if he started from a blank slate of 0 national debt? That massive interest payment would be gone. Also I love that you paint Obama's policies with the large brush of "redistribution." Standard partisan talking point. The wealth that is being "redistributed" is ending up in the hands of insurance companies, banks, and the auto industry.

Healthcare reform might have gone pretty differently, but assuming it worked out like it did in reality I expect the increased demand for medical services would definitely boost the health care industry. Doctors, nurses, medical supplies and equipment, we'd need more of it. I think that will happen despite the economy.

If not for a massive inherited debt, it would probably not be necessary to let the Bush tax cuts sunset. For now, I think at least part of those tax cuts will have to go.

Back
Top Bottom