• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama's Nation Address Sept 10 2013.....

I agree with Obama's speech. I would give less credit to the chemical disarming, except to get that process started before we topple Assad (making the security of the chems easier).

Yet Obama increased assassinations via drone strikes from the Bush years and continues to do so. Disappointing.

I'm sorry, are you under some massive delusion that I support drone strikes simply because Obama's administration did it?

For some reason I don't seem to be fitting into your bipartisan box.

Re: the OP

Equivocation speech at it's best. I heard one of the MSNBC talking heads this morning say it was more of a "briefing" - which sounds about right. American's are still left clueless as to what the goal of Syrian involvement is and what effect the unbelievably small "not pinprick" strikes would have on the region. Obama and team has no strategy, no proof it can share with the public that empirically shows Assad gassed his own people, and did little in his speech to sway anyone. In fact, I think he spent the time arguing with himself in front of the camera.

Best thing about the speech was: It was only 16 minutes. It invariably takes him that long to answer a WH Press Core softball question like, "How do you believe the G20 meetings went?"

"Blah blah blah I'm a too embarrassed to claim to be a Republican so I'll tell people I'm Libertarian-Right and get my views from the appropriate talking heads who simply back the GOP while pretending to be more objective than reality is presenting."

I'm sorry, are you under some massive delusion that I support drone strikes simply because Obama's administration did it?
Am I? I don't recall accusing you of supporting drone assassinations. I simply said that the Obama admin increased them since he's been in office and that it was disappointing.

For some reason I don't seem to be fitting into your bipartisan box.
Perhaps that's because you're reading things that aren't there.

"Blah blah blah I'm a too embarrassed to claim to be a Republican so I'll tell people I'm Libertarian-Right and get my views from the appropriate talking heads who simply back the GOP while pretending to be more objective than reality is presenting."

I was a Conservative on this forum for 2 years, after 18 months away my views have slightly changed. Sorry that doesn't wash with you but, oh that's right, I really don't care. Have fun defending yourself against imaginary GOP members who aren't attacking you!

Heya MV. :2wave: LTNS bro.....hope you are well. Blindly and without any hesitation whatsoever.....but don't Worry Theres whole hoards of them for the taking. :lol:
I am well. Thank you. I stayed away to allow all of my "points" to age.

I am back, and like GHWB I am kinder and gentler. :)

I agree with Obama's speech. I would give less credit to the chemical disarming, except to get that process started before we topple Assad (making the security of the chems easier).
What do you think the One said? I turned off the radio when he came on. I cannot stand to listen to the Great Destroyer.

Back
Top Bottom