• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama's Mulit-BILLION Giveaway to GM anf the UAW FAILED to "SAVE GM" After All...

Grokmaster

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Shades of Solyndra...after all the ballyhooing, $BILLIONS from the taxpayers into GM and UAW coffers, then $$ paid into DNC CAMPAIGNS, Obama's Big Business (Money is Free!!) Move is an ABJECT FAILURE, once all the FREE MONEY went away.

Color me surprised....

Shades of Solyndra...after all the ballyhooing, $BILLIONS from the taxpayers into GM and UAW coffers, then $$ paid into DNC CAMPAIGNS, Obama's Big Business (Money is Free!!) Move is an ABJECT FAILURE, once all the FREE MONEY went away.

Color me surprised....

What? Is GM going out of business or something?

Color me surprised....

GM is still in business. Millions of jobs and an entire supply line was saved.

One of the dumbest posts this week and that's saying a lot.

Lots of JOBS LOST, in a BOOMING ECONOMY = MISERABLE LEADERSHIP= both CORPOARATE and UNION....

Oh wait...that must be "Leftist Success"...operating AT A MULTI-BILLION$ LOSS...

Lots of JOBS LOST, in a BOOMING ECONOMY = MISERABLE LEADERSHIP= both CORPOARATE and UNION....

Oh wait...that must be "Leftist Success".

You just changed your argument from "Obama didn't save GM with all that free money!" to "They don't have good leadership" (paraphrased).

What exactly is your argument? Is it simply that we should have never given them free money? Or that we should have made sure they'd pay us back on the money?

Saved? That remains to be seen. Just because the PR dept. at GM spews rosy predictions and artful spin on closing factories and lost jobs doesn't mean it will ever happen.

You just changed your argument from "Obama didn't save GM with all that free money!" to "They don't have good leadership" (paraphrased).

What exactly is your argument? Is it simply that we should have never given them free money? Or that we should have made sure they'd pay us back on the money?

To me it sounds like less like an argument and more like misdirection from the current GM headlines.

BOTH are true. To complicated for you to process. And the UNION LEADERSHIP remains in place, as well, while GM has been operating AT A LOSS.

Oh wait...that must be "Leftist Success"...operating AT A MULTI-BILLION$ LOSS...

Oh, wait. Didn't Donnie Twump promise that not one single plant would close? And that those jobs would be coming back?

Yes, yes I believe he did.

What a complete ****ing failure that retard is.

Color me surprised....

What, no love to Bush's GM's BILLION dollar bailouts?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effec...is_on_the_United_States#Bush_approves_bailout

https://www.politico.com/story/2008/12/bush-announces-174-billion-auto-bailout-016740

President George W. Bush stepped in Friday to keep America's auto industry afloat, announcing a $17.4 billion bailout for GM and Chrysler, with the terms of the loans requiring that the firms radically restructure and show they can become profitable soon.

Their FOUNDERING, at a LOSS, in a a booming economy....FREE MONEY GONE.

They made over $2Billion this quarter and maybe $7 Billion this year in profit.

Why don't you get a coloring book instead of embarrassing yourself with your ignorance?

Your entire post is pure partisan nonsense completely detached from any reality.

BOTH are true. To complicated for you to process. And the UNION LEADERSHIP remains in place, as well, while GM has been operating AT A LOSS.

Too complicated to process? I'm the one that mentioned them. How am I too stupid to think about them if I'm the one that mentioned them?

You're not really presenting a good argument as to why I should be mad at Obama regarding this. Your argument would be similar to "Trump passed tax cuts to give GM a big tax break and now they are slashing jobs! Trump is a failure!" It's just an overt attempt to paint with a gigantic brush and to try to attack without a good foundation for doing so. GM went from losing money for 6 straight years to earning billions in profits all the way through 2016. I think they had almost 10 Billion in profits in 2016 if memory serves. If they start doing poorly now it's because of poor leadership or market changes etc. Not because Obama helped to save the economy from collapsing in on itself.

Color me surprised....

Or maybe scalding the tariff wars has something to do with it. Thanks to this agent orange of death, it is first of many...Many economist have predicted recession like 2008 is upon us within less than 2 years and many companies...the smart ones are bracing for it.

We also have this new report that are beloved Supreme God like leader has been trying to burry, about the impending catastrophic; the congressional-mandated National Climate Assessment (NCA) by hundreds of the country’s top scientists warns that a do-nothing climate policy will end up costing Americans more than a half-trillion dollars per year in increased sickness and death, coastal property damages, loss of worker productivity, and other damages. The NCA details just how dangerous Trump administration’s policy of climate inaction is to Americans.

Or we can blame Obama! Whatever makes you shut the voices of insanity in your head and help you sleep at night!

Diving Mullah

Too complicated to process? I'm the one that mentioned them. How am I too stupid to think about them if I'm the one that mentioned them?

You're not really presenting a good argument as to why I should be mad at Obama regarding this. Your argument would be similar to "Trump passed tax cuts to give GM a big tax break and now they are slashing jobs! Trump is a failure!" It's just an overt attempt to paint with a gigantic brush and to try to attack without a good foundation for doing so. GM went from losing money for 6 straight years to earning billions in profits all the way through 2016. I think they had almost 10 Billion in profits in 2016 if memory serves. If they start doing poorly now it's because of poor leadership or market changes etc. Not because Obama helped to save the economy from collapsing in on itself.

I'm impressed by his ability to twist himself into a pretzel to blame Obama even after Trump promised his tax cuts would create jobs.

I have no doubt that if the economy collapsed it would suddenly be Obama's fault.

I'm impressed by his ability to twist himself into a pretzel to blame Obama even after Trump promised his tax cuts would create jobs.

I have no doubt that if the economy collapsed it would suddenly be Obama's fault.

If it crashes tomorrow there is no doubt in my mind that Fox News will blame it on the incoming Democratic House Majority. They scared the market in to a recession or something like that. That's just what partisans do.

I'm amazed at how Trump apologists can blame the democrats for Trump's troubles during his presidency when Donald Trump has been in charge and republicans (for the rest of this year, at least) have had a majority in the House, Senate, and Supreme Court for his entire presidency.

Back
Top Bottom