• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama's Mother

the makeout hobo

Rockin' In The Free World
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
I still haven't gotten a straight answer on this: Let's say that evidence showed up that Obama was somehow born in Canada. Wouldn't he still be a natural-born citizen because of his mother? I fail to see why going into labor on vacation means your child isn't a natural-born US citizen. Secondary question, why in the world would she decide, at 9 months pregnant, to go to Kenya?

I still haven't gotten a straight answer on this: Let's say that evidence showed up that Obama was somehow born in Canada. Wouldn't he still be a natural-born citizen because of his mother? I fail to see why going into labor on vacation means your child isn't a natural-born US citizen. Secondary question, why in the world would she decide, at 9 months pregnant, to go to Kenya?

Do you REALLY think you are going to get appropriate answers to your questions?

Obviously Obama's mother wanted Obama to have all the advantages of being a Kenyan citizen, rather then being an American one.

We all know that millions apon millions of American mothers want their childern to be born in Kenya

Obviously Obama's mother wanted Obama to have all the advantages of being a Kenyan citizen, rather then being an American one.

We all know that millions apon millions of American mothers want their childern to be born in Kenya

I wish I was born in Kenya. :(

I still think he's a martian and now I think is mother is one too :=P

Was she in Canada doing the governments business? Like John McCain's parents?

There's your straight answer.

As the royal king supeme of the birthers it matters not if Obama just happened to be born in Canad on vacation or something. He says the word "HOUSE" like an American. I just need to know he didn't lie to us/.

I don't see why it matters why she's in Canada. All the citizenship law I've read says if one parent is a US citizen and has been for a certain amount of time, you are a US citizen regardless of where you were born.

well - look at it this way: if someone can be a citizen of another country and come to the US for a short while and have a child here and that makes said child a dual-citizen or a US citien then the reverse has to be true, as well.

But that's not the "issue" behind Obama's alleged Kenianism.

If I am to understand the "birthers" argument at this time (and I make no claim to be an expert in what they are saying) it is that the term "Natural Born" means being born in the USA. So following this logic, a person born outside the country to US parents would still be a citizen, but not eligible for the Presidency. And "birthers" say that this does not apply to John McCain as he was born in the US Protected area of Panama.

Now this is my current understanding of the argument that I heard from Orly Taits (is that right), but please let me know if I'm off base. Please tell me this theory is not being argued. For the sake of reason, please! :)

well - look at it this way: if someone can be a citizen of another country and come to the US for a short while and have a child here and that makes said child a dual-citizen or a US citien then the reverse has to be true, as well.

But that's not the "issue" behind Obama's alleged Kenianism.

It does not have to be true. All countries have their own requirements. As I understand it, my girlfriend has Taiwanese citizenship because her father was from Taiwan, but if it had been her mother she wouldn't get citizenship. All countries are different

If I am to understand the "birthers" argument at this time (and I make no claim to be an expert in what they are saying) it is that the term "Natural Born" means being born in the USA. So following this logic, a person born outside the country to US parents would still be a citizen, but not eligible for the Presidency. And "birthers" say that this does not apply to John McCain as he was born in the US Protected area of Panama.

Now this is my current understanding of the argument that I heard from Orly Taits (is that right), but please let me know if I'm off base. Please tell me this theory is not being argued. For the sake of reason, please! :)

You get a like for being so sensible.

It's way wicked simple. Birthers don't believe the "certificate of live birth" that has been used to prove his citizenship is a real document, We think it is a bad forgery. If we could just see something that has the usual information including the doctor and the hospital I would be satisfied. Birth certificates also record parents cities of birth and occupations. I can do without that stuff but I have to know who was the doctor and where did it happen if you're going to prove your eligibility to be president. Every citizen of this country has that information at will.

The President has refused to just settle it.

For whatever reason I couldn't tell you birther are ridiculed and called kooks.

John McCain was born in Panama, It has nothing to do with Obama. Obama was born in Hawaii, so he says.

There's not an authoritative answer as to what does and does not exactly and precisely constitute "natural born."
So, factor that into the equation.

It's way wicked simple. Birthers don't believe the "certificate of live birth" that has been used to prove his citizenship is a real document, We think it is a bad forgery. If we could just see something that has the usual information including the doctor and the hospital I would be satisfied. Birth certificates also record parents cities of birth and occupations. I can do without that stuff but I have to know who was the doctor and where did it happen if you're going to prove your eligibility to be president. Every citizen of this country has that information at will.

John McCain was born in Panama, It has nothing to do with Obama. Obama was born in Hawaii, so he says.

And I'm saying his BC is irrelevent, since Anne Durham was a citizen. I'm also curious why you think anyone 9 months pregnant would go to Africa to give birth.

It does not have to be true. All countries have their own requirements. As I understand it, my girlfriend has Taiwanese citizenship because her father was from Taiwan, but if it had been her mother she wouldn't get citizenship. All countries are different

From what I've read, under the laws of Mexico, Mitt Romney is considered a Mexican Citizen because his father was born there.

OLE!

So let me ask a follow up: If Obama was born in Kenya to a mother who is a US Citizen, would he not be a natural born citizen of the US. If not, why not?

This does not matter. Obama was born in Hawaii for gods sake...

The US recognizes dual-citizenship.
Kenya doesn't.

US State Department Services Dual Nationality
Kenya

I don't really care about the whole entire conspiracy theory at all so I don't spend a lot of time arguing about it. If either of Obama's parents were still US citizens then he would be a US citizen jus sanguinis even if born overseas.

But everyone who loves the conspiracy theories are nutjobs and overlooking facts such as his birth announcement being on file with various newspapers and other evidence of his birth. People are just ****ing stupid.

Seeing as how he's been president for several years - if people want to oppose him there are hundreds of decisions - several war-faring activities and thousands of injured and dead to marr his record. Anyone who ignores the more important things to waste time on this bit of bull**** is a fool.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom