• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama's Moral Lapse In Vietnam

Are you frickin' serious? Obama has no morals because he sells weapons to a country with a questionable election process?
Saudi Arabia, a feudal absolute monarchy, the worst kind of dictatorship, is the single biggest customer for US arms sales. Obama's Moral Lapse looks like getting caught picking your nose beside Reagan selling weapons to Iran, secretly, to raise funds to support an insurgency in Nicaragua, wouldn't you say?

I recommend, since you dislike him so much, you do not vote for him in November...

Very timely, all these anti-Obama threads. I just hope some action is taken before it's too late.

Your opinion is as bad as your spelling. Get over it, Vietnam is our ally. Did anyone get all crazy 50 years after WWII and our alliances with Germany and Japan?

No, you just hate the president and make inane and stupid threads.

He called Obama out as "a Muslim negro hell bent on destroying our country" in another thread he made. Sounds like an impartial arbiter of the truth.

He called Obama out as "a Muslim negro hell bent on destroying our country" in another thread he made. Sounds like an impartial arbiter of the truth.

You mean, if he disliked Obama, he would be unfair or even say something nasty about him?

The problem with the U.S is that it doesn't have enough Joe Hamms.

Is he related to Jon Hamm?

If so, tell him at the next reunion that I loved Mad Men.

In my opinion...you are wrong. President Obama has morals just like the rest of us.

You really seem to have a problem with him.

As Redress said, if you dislike him as much as you do, don't vote for him in November.

Are you frickin' serious? Obama has no morals because he sells weapons to a country with a questionable election process?
Saudi Arabia, a feudal absolute monarchy, the worst kind of dictatorship, is the single biggest customer for US arms sales. Obama's Moral Lapse looks like getting caught picking your nose beside Reagan selling weapons to Iran, secretly, to raise funds to support an insurgency in Nicaragua, wouldn't you say?

Uhm, the article actually supports the sale of weapons. It criticizes what is seen as a lack of conviction on the human rights issues.

Your opinion is as bad as your spelling. Get over it, Vietnam is our ally. Did anyone get all crazy 50 years after WWII and our alliances with Germany and Japan?

No, you just hate the president and make inane and stupid threads.

To be fair, Germany and Japan became our allies after they became liberal democracies. Vietnam is not a vicious Soviet puppet regime anymore, but it is still run by fairly oppressive Communist regime...

You mean THAT was not meant as a poorly constructed parody? Oh...

I just can not comprehend why any citizen of Vietnam would forget (forgive) the war crimes committed by the U.S. during the Vietnam War.

There are still unexploded ordinances going off and killing Vietnamese Folks these many years later.

I would be like the Jewish Folks and Never Forget!

Calm

To be fair, Germany and Japan became our allies after they became liberal democracies. Vietnam is not a vicious Soviet puppet regime anymore, but it is still run by fairly oppressive Communist regime...
We're allies with China aren't we? They have a oppressive Communist government as well.

We're allies with China aren't we? They have a oppressive Communist government as well.

Nope, we are not allies: trade partners, no more than that. And we do sell modern weaponry to Taiwan, but not China.

I just can not comprehend why any citizen of Vietnam would forget (forgive) the war crimes committed by the U.S. during the Vietnam War.

And why any citizen of Vietnam would forget (forgive) the crimes its Communist government committed against its own people, in the North since coming to power, and in the South after the West had failed to stop the invasion?

Last edited:

Does anybody working for the US government have any morals? I say very damn few, and they have all been prosecuted as whistleblowers.

Obama's moral turpitude is pretty much the same as his predecessor and the one before that. With his drones, he is known as Gunslinger 76. The government has become an agent of death and destruction.

We are debtors to China, because they hold most of the federal debt.

Ally is not the right word. :)

There are still unexploded ordinances going off and killing Vietnamese Folks these many years later.

I would be like the Jewish Folks and Never Forget!

Calm

the fools are acting like christians.

That's true.

But our economies are basically dependent on one another.

time to deal in facts. the idea that china holds most of our debt is as far from the truth as can be. China owns 7% of our debt.

time to deal in facts. the idea that china holds most of our debt is as far from the truth as can be. China owns 7% of our debt.

Actually, it is you who needs to deal in facts.

The United States owes China $1.25 Trillion dollars, which amounts to about 20.75% of the US Debt.

United States Debt Clock May 2016

EDIT: Nevermind, you are actually correct. I'm the one in the wrong here. My bad.

Last edited:
Actually, it is you who needs to deal in facts.

The United States owes China $1.25 Trillion dollars, which amounts to about 20.75% of the US Debt.

United States Debt Clock May 2016

Correction: China has 20.75% of the foreign holdings. But most of the bonds are not held by foreign entities. Of the total $19 Trillion, China has mere 6.6%.

Back
Top Bottom