• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama's message to voters: Things could be worse

ReverendHellh0und

I don't respect you.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Obama's message to voters: Things could be worse

My Way News - Obama's message to voters: Things could be worse

WASHINGTON (AP) - President Barack Obama, who rocketed to the White House promising "change you can believe in," is now telling voters they shouldn't change a thing.
His message for the fall elections, which are looking ominous for his Democrats, is that Republicans caused the nation's economic troubles, but he and the Democrats are starting to fix them. So stick with the Democrats and don't go back to the GOP.
"This is a choice between the policies that led us into the mess or the policies that are leading out of the mess," Obama said recently in Las Vegas.
Trouble is, it's a tough sell to voters who've seen little progress.
Unemployment is stuck near double digits and polls show many voters have decided Obama's policies are to blame, not his predecessor's.

Ghosts of the carter years no?

I personally think the democrats are in real trouble come this november. This notion of blame the last guy, played itself out a long time ago and people are no longer buying it....

It could be worst.
You could have my Government instead of Obama's. Consider yourselves lucky.
But the midterms will be interesting to watch

It could be worst.
You could have my Government instead of Obama's. Consider yourselves lucky.
But the midterms will be interesting to watch

Aren't you guys cutting everything 25% across the board?

I think the its feaking AWESOME! 25% across the board? Your going to love how that works out in a few years. :thumbs:

Its almost amusing how I feel the direct opposite of what you think.
I hope the Conservatives get thrown from office for another decade.

I can't believe Lib Dems will allow this to occur, I feel more betrayed by them than the Tories. It's what is expected from Conservatives.

Its almost amusing how I feel the direct opposite of what you think.
I hope the Conservatives get thrown from office for another decade.

I can't believe Lib Dems will allow this to occur, I feel more betrayed by them than the Tories. It's what is expected from Conservatives.

It is, we need conservatives here in the US...

chris Christie my governer is one.... :thumbs:

It is, we need conservatives here in the US...

chris Christie my governer is one.... :thumbs:

Lol. You can have them
Well I can count my blessings the idiot Hannan isn't in Government. Then we'd really be f*cked.

I'm getting your thread OT sorry.
What do you think will occur at midterms? Congress to be taken away from Dems?

Lol. You can have them
Well I can count my blessings the idiot Hannan isn't in Government. Then we'd really be f*cked.

I'm getting your thread OT sorry.

What I think actually will happen is the Republicans will pretty much sweep the midterms, however, out of all the ones who will claim solidarity with the tea party positions of lower taxes, less government, and more accountable reps, less than 20% will live up to it.....

While this may seem an apologist stance.

One must admit, in the realm of possibility, is the notion that things could well indeed be worse, and I'd say that throughout history leaders very rarely get credit for avoiding crises considering we'll never know just how bad things could have gotten.

If Obama hadn't of ordered the stimulus, and not spent any money at all on the problem. And unemployment was at 25% at their lowest estimates. I doubt conservatives would be sitting here saying "Bravo Mr. Obama for not doing any thing". No you'd be bitching about how h e didn't spend money. These are desperate times, I've heard rumblings that a secondary stimulus may be needed to avoid a secondary reseccion which this time, could be more severe. And no magically elected republicans, presidential or congressional are gonna be able to fix it with "tax cuts".

I think people really underestimate just how severe and fragile our situation is. It will take a long time to see what Obamas impact is. Do not be so hasty to judge. The country didn't collapse as some of you predicted it would the day he got elected. And all these months later, she's still afloat... Is she not?

While this may seem an apologist stance.

One must admit, in the realm of possibility, is the notion that things could well indeed be worse, and I'd say that throughout history leaders very rarely get credit for avoiding crises considering we'll never know just how bad things could have gotten.

If Obama hadn't of ordered the stimulus, and not spent any money at all on the problem. And unemployment was at 25% at their lowest estimates. I doubt conservatives would be sitting here saying "Bravo Mr. Obama for not doing any thing". No you'd be bitching about how h e didn't spend money. These are desperate times, I've heard rumblings that a secondary stimulus may be needed to avoid a secondary reseccion which this time, could be more severe. And no magically elected republicans, presidential or congressional are gonna be able to fix it with "tax cuts".

I think people really underestimate just how severe and fragile our situation is. It will take a long time to see what Obamas impact is. Do not be so hasty to judge. The country didn't collapse as some of you predicted it would the day he got elected. And all these months later, she's still afloat... Is she not?

Speculate much?

What did the bailouts accomplish?

What proof do you have we avoided disaster by giving money to GM for example?

Speculate much?

What did the bailouts accomplish?

What proof do you have we avoided disaster by giving money to GM for example?

Therein lies the problem i specifically alluded to in my first post. We can never truly know just how bad things could have gotten.

But we've politicized even the speculation to such a degree nothing is clear.

Therein lies the problem i specifically alluded to in my first post. We can never truly know just how bad things could have gotten.

But we've politicized even the speculation to such a degree nothing is clear.

I just know we are trillions of dollars in debt and things for many people are not good. :shrug:

This is a combination of 1994 and 1976.

We have the economic weakness of 1976 (not Stagflation but investors and business owners who have no clue what bomb will be dropped next, and an environment hostile to business) with a leader twice as clueless as Carter, and we have Congress actually passing a healthcare bill that wasn't read, wasn't wanted by the public (Scott Brown elected at this time), and Congress that isn't much trusted as they spend like drunks. It's all Democrat owned too.

In 1994 Republicans didn't lose a Governorship, or Congressional seat. It was hilarious to watch the pundits on TV swallow that load. It was the political version of Shock & Awe.

Obi has nothing positive to show for his 18-months in office, and that with Dems controlling both bits of Congress. Add to it his mishandling of numerous events, the fact the Mid East doesn't love us any more now than when Bush 43 was in office, that the Euro's think he's on the wrong track, that he keeps lecturing us what we cannot do, and that racial tensions have only increased many fold... for this supposed post racial president does not bode well... and that is only a fraction of his and his crew's misdeeds.

Republicans are motivated... I don't see the same with D's... and the I's have abandoned Hope & Change... realizing it was Smoke & Mirrors.

Expect the Dems to lose the house and now the senate is even in play.

As for the OP... what else can Obi do but try such lame rhetoric. He's blown his wad and has zero to show for it.

Last edited:
I just know we are trillions of dollars in debt and things for many people are not good. :shrug:

But keep in mind the distinct possibility that things for many more people could be worse.

We don't truly know what it's like to live in a depression. And we sure as heck won't care about a little defecit if we're all outta work and there are 1000's of homeless everywhere and people living in shacks.

But keep in mind the distinct possibility that things for many more people could be worse.

In what situation throughout recorded history's worst times ... could things NOT have been worse? It's sort of silly really... things can ALWAYS be worse or ALWAYS be better.

I really don't see how crippling an economy is preventing things from getting worse. I was watching the market daily during the bailouts and every single time one of those windbags spoke of messing with the economy the bottom fell out from the market. As well, everyone knew these damn TARP programs were going to come with strings such as new and untenable regs., deficits, taxes, waste, and abuse......the market reacted in kind. Need more proof, Saturn and Pontiac no longer exist after the auto bailout, but the unions still have all of their perks. Chrysler is still kind of ****ed........GM's CEO was basically fired by the dumbkopf in the white house....... it's pretty much provable that things could have actually gotten better rather than worse if those egotistical dumb ****s in congress and the white house had stopped trying to micromanage everything.

We don't truly know what it's like to live in a depression. And we sure as heck won't care about a little defecit if we're all outta work and there are 1000's of homeless everywhere and people living in shacks.
Just ask those that grew up during the last one, some are still alive. In fact, there is theory stating that if the government had done nothing then that a depression could have been avoided in those days as well.

It's also possible the NY Rangers will win another cup in 40 years. :shrug:

I know, such a small deficit, no worries. :doh:

Ghosts of the carter years no?

I personally think the democrats are in real trouble come this november. This notion of blame the last guy, played itself out a long time ago and people are no longer buying it....

do you happen to remember the first couple of years of the reagan admin?

do you happen to remember the first couple of years of the reagan admin?
Major indeces were showing improvement in those days. These days all major market indeces are showing little to no actual predictable trending. It's pretty bad.

oh.....then why bring up the carter years?

When is Obama going to face facts and stop blaming Republicans like the spoiled child he is? In all honesty I think everyone but the partisan Democrats are tired of hearing about Obama make excuses and blaming his failures on Bush and the "party of no" who doesn't have the monopoly in power right now. Obama has no excuses, he has complete control of the House, Senate, and Presidency yet he still blames the minority party for all our troubles. He needs to get real, and the partisans need to open their eyes. The Democrats will lose heavily in November, and these tactics only show that they have nothing good to run on. They can't run on their successes, they can only try to run on a conjured up hatred for the minority party using lies and faceless tactics. News flash, Bush is not running for any position in 2010, 2012, 2014... or ever.

oh.....then why bring up the carter years?
Because D'oh-bama's policies and theories are more comparable to the Carter years than those of Reagan. With the predictable failures to ensue.

Back
Top Bottom