• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama's 'I didn't set no stinkin' red line' assertion leads to near universal incredu

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
By Rick Moran
09/05/2013

Yesterday, editor in chief Lifson reported on the astonishing claim by President Obama that he didn't set a redline for chemical wepons in Syria and that his credibility was not on the line.

Lifson pointed to a meeting of Obama's political team where the message on Syria was being massaged. If this is the best they could come up with - simply denying reality - then the president is in a world of hurt.

The reality, as Jean Kaufman (Neo-Neocon) points out this morning at PJ Media is undeniable:

"I didn't set a red line. The world set a red line."​

But in his statement back in August of 2012, Obama unequivocally and undeniably did set a red line. Watch the video, and note especially around 2:07-2:08 when he gestures to himself and says, with emphasis, "us," and his back-and-forth use of the terms "we," "us," and "I" to mean the same thing: himself, or his administration with himself in charge. At no point does he cite the international community, except earlier in his statement when he speaks briefly and generally about the international community's role in a possible eventual transition from the Assad regime to a new government in Syria.

Kaufman takes apart Obama's answer from his press conference in Sweden. Here it is in its entirety:

Let me unpack the question. First of all, I didn't set a red line. The world set a red line. The world set a red line when governments representing 98 percent of the world's population said the use of chemical weapons are abhorrent and passed a treaty forbidding their use even when countries are engaged in war. Congress set a red line when it ratified that treaty.

(Excerpt)

Read more:
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog...on_l eads_to_near_universal_incredulity.html

Oblamer at his height of lying audacity.

Re: Obama's 'I didn't set no stinkin' red line' assertion leads to near universal inc

COVER-DAG090513.jpg

Re: Obama's 'I didn't set no stinkin' red line' assertion leads to near universal inc

Were you jealous that someone else started a thread about the "red line," so you were compelled to hurry up and churn one out yourself?

....and then respond to your own thread?

Charles Rangel is right (even a stopped clock is right twice a day).
This IS embarrassing.

Back
Top Bottom