• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama's economy vs Bush's economy[W:125]

Re: Re 1 of 2: Scientific proof that a conservative president is better for the econo

the crooked mortgage companies were manipulating the mortgage bundle grading, not the property values.
mortgage writers did cause housing price increases. You keep acting like you did not claim the opposite, and this allows you to keep avoiding your error. your comment included 2 parts, you keep saying "look, part 1 is right" while ignoring the error in part 2. If you want to keep ignoring your error, fine. I would not expect otherwise. I was never debating "bundling"...and you know that.

Re: Re 1 of 2: Scientific proof that a conservative president is better for the econo

Crooked Mortgage Companies were behind Fannie and Freddie's AAA rating? Now thats a ridiculous stretch.
Yer questioning something.....that Opportunity Cost posted. Those are his words.

Yer questioning something.....that Opportunity Cost posted. Those are his words.

Nope. That is not what I claimed. I said that companies like S&P and Moody's that actually grade the mortgages and the MBS's were crooked, the mortgage companies share some blame as they were making it clear they would shop for better ratings and everyone wanted on the bandwagon at the time. I would really like you to only say I claimed what I did, not what you want to believe I did.

Last edited:

mortgage writers did cause housing price increases. You keep acting like you did not claim the opposite, and this allows you to keep avoiding your error. your comment included 2 parts, you keep saying "look, part 1 is right" while ignoring the error in part 2. If you want to keep ignoring your error, fine. I would not expect otherwise. I was never debating "bundling"...and you know that.

Mortgage writers can cause increases by having appraisers giving houses even slightly more value than they deserve. They only have to do it in 1 house in 10 to have an impact in a neighborhood and when the market is rising they may not even be aware of it as they are working with rising values all around.

Bundling is part of the larger issue, and you know that. Without bundling there is no reason to push higher appraisals because there wont be credit or buyers without demand to sell the mortgages for fast profit.

Nope. That is not what I claimed. I said that companies like S&P and Moody's.
You said "mortgage companies", I have quoted it too many times. Moody's is NOT a mortgage company.

"the crooked mortgage companies were manipulating the mortgage bundle grading, not the property values."

...is a false statement.

Mortgage writers can cause increases ....
It finally admits that :

the crooked mortgage companies were manipulating the mortgage bundle grading, not the property values.

Was a false statement.....wow.

Yeah, it was a hundred posts ago that I talked, perhaps imprecisely, about "crooked mortgage companies manipulating property valuations." I was just trying to make a list of people other than those darn ACORN CRA Negroes who moved into Archie bunker's neighbourhood but couldn't afford the payments. Big-shot bankers, other financial wizards, mortgage companies (somehow), ratings agencies, middle-class white suburbanites, etc. Affirmative action programs are sometimes ineffectively implemented/administered, but that's simply a problem that needs to be corrected.

It finally admits that :

Was a false statement.....wow.

They can manipulate both. But you know that.

They can manipulate both. But you know that.

I think the point is that NOW you have finally understood the second part. FFS, how many days....nay...years did you believe otherwise?

I think the point is that NOW you have finally understood the second part. FFS, how many days....nay...years did you believe otherwise?

Have you split the hair infinitely yet? Anything else in my posts you want to misconstrue and define both sides of the argument or are you done? Lots of moving parts and you seem to be picking apart a fine point and ignoring the larger picture. Mortgage companies and mortgage grading companies and real estate agents and buyers and bankers all had their fingers in the pie in various ways. So you keep picking nits, I'll examine any evidence that comes along.

Have you split the hair infinitely yet? Anything else in my posts you want to misconstrue and define both sides of the argument or are you done? Lots of moving parts and you seem to be picking apart a fine point and ignoring the larger picture. Mortgage companies and mortgage grading companies and real estate agents and buyers and bankers all had their fingers in the pie in various ways. So you keep picking nits, I'll examine any evidence that comes along.
Yer welcome on being straightened out about the fact that mortgage "writers" did, in point of fact, cause housing prices to increase during the bubble.

Yer welcome on being straightened out about the fact that mortgage "writers" did, in point of fact, cause housing prices to increase during the bubble.

Everyone caused prices to increase during the bubble, we were arguing about how. But, again, you knew that.

we were arguing about how.
I covered that too, the mortgage originators did it via fraud, which the FBI informed the Bush admin of, going back to 03.

Back
Top Bottom