• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obamacares flaws

YoungConserv

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I am starting to think that this bill was intentionally made flawed to make the single payer system seem like the only reasonable choice. Am I just being paranoid or do you think that is what's actually going on?

I am starting to think that this bill was intentionally made flawed to make the single payer system seem like the only reasonable choice. Am I just being paranoid or do you think that is what's actually going on?

It's possible.

Hope so. We need quit screwing around and come up with a true UHC system.

Then say so don't try and sneak it in the back door.

So what are the flaws? By the way, this is a massive project and faced so much opposition for so many years it would be impossible for it to not be flawed.

OP, yes Obamacare is step one toward the ultimate goal of a single payer system. It is obvious to me. They (the democrats) didn't care a whit what was written in the bill because they knew it was only a temporary thing. The Republicans found all the problems with it assuming that it is what the Democrats meant as a solution. They should have saved their time and effort. It is just temporary.

Anyone who understands a national healthcare system knows we will end up with UHC. It is far more efficient, cost effective, and better healthcare for all involved. REally I think both sides have known for years.

Of course it is. Then, by design, corrupt politicians will get to select the winners and losers in the game of life and death just like they did when they passed Obamacare.

In reality, medical care will be delivered based on evidence based medicine, instead of profit based care we have today.
Of course it is. Then, by design, corrupt politicians will get to select the winners and losers in the game of life and death just like they did when they passed Obamacare.

The AHC bill was meant to bring down costs and cover everybody. A UHC system is best at those goals so you are bound to be confused.

Anyone who understands a national healthcare system knows we will end up with UHC. It is far more efficient, cost effective, and better healthcare for all involved. REally I think both sides have known for years.

It's the best for average health care but not the best foe healthcare

In reality, medical care will be delivered based on evidence based medicine, instead of profit based care we have today.

But profit based care is what drives the r&d of new products.

I am starting to think that this bill was intentionally made flawed to make the single payer system seem like the only reasonable choice. Am I just being paranoid?
You're paranoid.

No, UHC systems are based evidence, you know, science. Our current system is based on profit. UHC is better care.
It's the best for average health care but not the best foe healthcare

But profit based care is what drives the r&d of new products.

Thats true, I agree, but third party payer systems (insurance), is what prevents customers from price shopping, and the lack of price shopping in any industry is what allows that industry to jack up prices, and to not operate at peak efficiency.

The only crises that we have with health care is the cost. The system of our government subsidizing insurance provided by employers (through the tax deduction or whatever) is the largest contributor to high prices in the health care industry. Kill the prepaid health care plan that most of us have, replace it with true insurance which only covers healthcare that would be financially devistating, and we will have resolved the "crises".

No, UHC systems are based evidence, you know, science. Our current system is based on profit. UHC is better care.

Then why do the rich people from the country's with uhc come here for care

How many of them really do? Do you know what country the most medical tourism goes to? Hint: it ain't here.
Then why do the rich people from the country's with uhc come here for care

I don't mind kids and the very poor taking a ride on the system .....but when millions of illegal can take a free ride ....that's a sinking ship.
That is the problem with Obama care and single payer...and the current system ...even before Obama was president!!
If you run a business where only a third of your customers ..actually pays for the product what option do you have but to jack up the price!!

That has always been the elephant in the room.

You get in an auto accident and get carted off to the nearby hospital ...and you have an address and a social security number.....you could end up being a slave (if you live).

I really feel instead of arguing to get illegals off the gravy wagon...why not give me ...the citizen ...a chance to sign some document that says ...if I'm ever in some sort of accident ...I would rather take my chance with death ...than to get in an ambulance.

Like those organ donor card ...I seriously would lobby for that choice!!

Do illegal immigrants get healthcare? Or do they get stabilized and shipped home? You dont become a slave, you either file bankruptcy (medical bills cause more than any other reason) or you just dont pay. Then you know who does. Me and you, and the industry still gets to suck obscene profits out of us.
I don't mind kids and the very poor taking a ride on the system .....but when millions of illegal can take a free ride ....that's a sinking ship.
That is the problem with Obama care and single payer...and the current system ...even before Obama was president!!
If you run a business where only a third of your customers ..actually pays for the product what option do you have but to jack up the price!!

That has always been the elephant in the room.

You get in an auto accident and get carted off to the nearby hospital ...and you have an address and a social security number.....you could end up being a slave (if you live).

I really feel instead of arguing to get illegals off the gravy wagon...why not give me ...the citizen ...a chance to sign some document that says ...if I'm ever in some sort of accident ...I would rather take my chance with death ...than to get in an ambulance.

Like those organ donor card ...I seriously would lobby for that choice!!

Do illegal immigrants get healthcare? Or do they get stabilized and shipped home? You dont become a slave, you either file bankruptcy (medical bills cause more than any other reason) or you just dont pay. Then you know who does. Me and you, and the industry still gets to suck obscene profits out of us.

The illegals walk into the emergency rooms and the law says they must get help....after they get the treatment there is no "hook" to get them to pay. They have no real address...and no SS #.

You have a house, a mortgage and a job with an address and SS#...you're not getting away!!!

The illegals are killing the healthcare system ...it's simply unsustainable ...and will kill any health care system ...no matter what you call it!!

Health Reform Fact Check | OurFuture.org See lie number 5. The RW outright lies about UHC.
The illegals walk into the emergency rooms and the law says they must get help....after they get the treatment there is no "hook" to get them to pay. They have no real address...and no SS #.

You have a house, a mortgage and a job with an address and SS#...you're not getting away!!!

The illegals are killing the healthcare system ...it's simply unsustainable ...and will kill any health care system ...no matter what you call it!!

Back
Top Bottom