• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obamacare Will Force One Florida County to Make Nicotine Use Illegal

Mr.Nick

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
This is the agenda behind Obamacare.

http://www.theblaze.com/contributio...-florida-county-to-make-nicotine-use-illegal/

Next it will be cheeseburgers and transfat...

This is how you regulate business - banning and regulating.

I suppose it's the republicans that have a "war on _______" while these crazy ****ing progressives have a war on capitalism and anyone that isn't dark enough and whomever doesn't have a vagina or prays to the east 5 times a day...

Flagler County commissioners are taking a tough new stance against tobacco users looking for work – by considering nicotine a banned drug.

Beginning Oct. 1, prospective county employees will be required to take a nicotine test in addition to pre-employment drug screening for illegal drugs.

A failed test would not only deny an otherwise qualified applicant a job, but would also prohibit employment with the county for another 12 months.

“The tobacco ban applies to anything that would produce nicotine,” said Joseph Mayer, Flagler County’s community services director. That includes cigarettes, chewing tobacco, e-cigarettes, pipes and snuff.

Job applicants also must sign an affidavit stating, under penalty of perjury, that they have not used tobacco within one-year of employment.“It’s the same thing as drug use,” Mayer said. “We have a drug-free policy where everyone is tested for drug use before they come on board, and if they start using afterwards we won’t know until either a random test or a workers compensation incident.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: I've called this nonsense since day one - The Agenda behind Obamacare.

Obamacare Will Force One Florida County to Make Nicotine Use Illegal | TheBlaze.com

I suppose it's the republicans that have a "war on _______" while these crazy ****ing progressives have a war on capitalism and anyone that isn't dark enough and whomever doesn't have a vagina or prays to the east 5 times a day...

That is an absurd leap. The article even states "The new policy is aimed at reducing health insurance costs" I think you can point your finger at the health insurance industry not Obamacare.

Of course people need jobs in this ****ty economy - nope only if you meet the GUBMINTS criteria....

If people think this is a state or local issue it's NOT because this will become the status quo in a few years if people (Obamacare supporters) don't pull their heads out from their asses.

But I suppose the objection to this Obamacare bull**** is "just because Obama is black" and not because hes an authoritarian tyrant with a nefarious agenda to destroy personal freedoms....

Of course homosexuals transmit HIV at an epic rate but yet progressives and Obama in general supports "gay sex" yet smokers are being attacked???

But no there is nothing Orwellian going on here????

That is an absurd leap. The article even states "The new policy is aimed at reducing health insurance costs" I think you can point your finger at the health insurance industry not Obamacare.

Thats the ****ing excuse they will use to ban fast food hence my point - the point I have been making for ****ing 3 years now...

It's an excuse to demonize products and ban them - hence an opportunity to dictate economy considering industries are a large part of the economy...

Get it?

Obamacare grants government control over just about everything considering our surroundings and environment "effect our health."

All our nefarious government has to say is "__________ is bad for your health hence it should be banned or taxed into oblivion" and of course the progressives will say "yes Jesus government lord our savior" and comply and promote that silly ban.

Last edited:

Conspiracy theory much?

Conspiracy theory much?

Conspiracy theory? I just posted the ****ing proof..

BTW, just about everything is a literal conspiracy.... Unless it's lone - it's a conspiracy...

Conspiracy theory? I just posted the ****ing proof..

BTW, just about everything is a literal conspiracy.... Unless it's lone - it's a conspiracy...

Your definition of "proof" needs a little work...

Of course, the county in question could just say they're not going to test for nicotine. But that's too easy, and couldn't be blamed on Obama.

Of course, the county in question could just say they're not going to test for nicotine. But that's too easy, and couldn't be blamed on Obama.

"They" could say whatever they like but that's not the direction they're going.

Get it?

I've worked for five employers in my life (other than odd jobs before I turned 16, which was 25 years ago). Three of them wouldn't hire smokers, and would fire anyone they found out was a smoker, no second chance, do not pass go, do not collect $200. Now, I do not agree with this sort of policy. Nor do I agree that people ought to be tested for nicotine (or, for that matter, THC, psilocybin, and a few other drugs I think ought to be legal) prior to employment. But it seems quite a stretch to say that this is the point of Obamacare, even if this is one of its outcomes in places. The county seems to be imposing this restriction...do you seriously think Flagler county, Florida is secretly responsible for getting Obamacare passed? I mean, c'mon...

Obamacare Will Force One Florida County to Make Nicotine Use Illegal | TheBlaze.com

No...actually obama is pro-capital....

http://www.debatepolitics.com/bias-media/171926-why-obama-republican-conservative.html

Your definition of "proof" needs a little work...

You need to drop the loyalty ****........ This is epic proof of what I have been saying for nearly a half decade.

This is the intent and agenda behind Obamacare....

Thank God the ****ing program is impossible to fund and mandate.

"They" could say whatever they like but that's not the direction they're going.

Get it?

Well, it's up to them to change the direction they're going.

Get it?

There are increasing numbers of corporations that won't hire tobacco users. I think you'll see more and more of that but not specific to Obamacare. Smokers are not a "protected class" and won't be anytime soon.

You need to drop the loyalty ****........ This is epic proof of what I have been saying for nearly a half decade.

This is the intent and agenda behind Obamacare....

Thank God the ****ing program is impossible to fund and mandate.

"Epic proof?" Epic? :lamo

Just when we think you couldn't possibly be more of a dumb**** partisan hack, you top yourself.

There are increasing numbers of corporations that won't hire tobacco users. I think you'll see more and more of that but not specific to Obamacare. Smokers are not a "protected class" and won't be anytime soon.

It's racist. Racist I say!

strange that our local community college and sheriff's office are cutting hours and jobs because they have zero budget flexibility to otherwise absorb the increased healthcare costs of their employees due to Obamacare. The reason they need to reduce their costs is because of the increased expense of health insurance. :think:

Oh he's pro capital when it comes to his rich campaign contributors, they give him money and he has the dogs back off.

Like everybody else in Washington. That's how the game is played.

That is called discrimination.... No different than refusing to hire a person with AIDS, gay people, woman, minorities or whatever their "social status" may be...

In reality this is government endorsed discrimination - only because the idea benefits both the government and some fascist businesses (whom are being forced into this nonsense).

strange that our local community college and sheriff's office are cutting hours and jobs because they have zero budget flexibility to otherwise absorb the increased healthcare costs of their employees due to Obamacare. The reason they need to reduce their costs is because of the increased expense of health insurance. :think:

Well, they just have to find the funds to test for nicotine...then they can blame "big gubmint."

Like everybody else in Washington. That's how the game is played.

Damn right and that **** needs to change...

That is called discrimination.... No different than refusing to hire a person with AIDS, gay people, woman, minorities or whatever their "social status" may be...

In reality this is government endorsed discrimination - only because the idea benefits both the government and some fascist businesses (whom are being forced into this nonsense).

You'd think libertarians would like the idea of a business being able to hire whom they please....

wb6mc3.jpg

Well, they just have to find the funds to test for nicotine...then they can blame "big gubmint."

It's not the government that will test - its the government that will dictate insurance, hence make tobacco users a liability - hence forcing people - if they want a job - to quit smoking and not use a product which will result in decreases in tobacco sales, hence jobs loss, shipping loss etc ----- you clearly don't understand...

Back
Top Bottom