• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obamacare may be hazardous to your health

Grim17

Battle Ready
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Maybe the folks on the left are finally waking up... Who knows though.

Oooh, a Heritage Foundation video. I'm sure that's not totally skewed and cherry-picked.

Oooh, a Heritage Foundation video. I'm sure that's not totally skewed and cherry-picked.

Oooh! Let's not even try to debunk the content, let's just trash it for the source! How very liberal of a statement.

Oooh! Let's not even try to debunk the content, let's just trash it for the source!

I'm at work, so no sound on the computer. But I'm not very optimistic.

How very liberal of a statement.

Oh yeah, only "liberals" dismiss sources around here. :roll:

Far too many people use the term "liberal" as a synonym for "things I don't like."

I'm at work, so no sound on the computer. But I'm not very optimistic.

So, it was a guess then? Nice of you to respond when you had not one freaking idea what was being said. Wonderfully trollish behavior. Why not just put sound-proof earplugs in your ears and go play in traffic then?

So, it was a guess then? Nice of you to respond when you had not one freaking idea what was being said. Wonderfully trollish behavior. Why not just put sound-proof earplugs in your ears and go play in traffic then?

Oh, shut up. Don't like it, report it. I couldn't care less.

Oooh! Let's not even try to debunk the content, let's just trash it for the source! How very liberal of a statement.

There isn't much in the way of content to debunk. Such is the nature of YouTube videos.

Maybe the folks on the left are finally waking up... Who knows though.

Did you know repealing ObamaCare would be hasardous to many peoples lives?

There isn't much in the way of content to debunk. Such is the nature of YouTube videos.

I really, really hate Argument By Youtube. That's the quickest way to get me to tune out of a debate.

Sorry, but the heritage fgoundation is a known rightwing mouthpiece prone to exaggeration and flat out lying. It is like listening to the WBC on gay issues. They are paid to put out extremely biased information and to lie in support for the issues the right likes. It is a waste of time to try and debunk something from a group like that. if there is a bit of truth somewhere in there it would be so distorted and misrepresented that you would have to wash it off from all the BS just to see it. It is one of those place when they tell you the sky is blue you should probably look up and see if it still is.

Sorry, but the heritage fgoundation is a known rightwing mouthpiece prone to exaggeration and flat out lying. It is like listening to the WBC on gay issues. They are paid to put out extremely biased information and to lie in support for the issues the right likes. It is a waste of time to try and debunk something from a group like that. if there is a bit of truth somewhere in there it would be so distorted and misrepresented that you would have to wash it off from all the BS just to see it. It is one of those place when they tell you the sky is blue you should probably look up and see if it still is.

So basically, what you're saying is that even if they said "water is wet," you'd say "no it isn't, because they're a right-wing mouthpiece!" What a vapid thought process.

So basically, what you're saying is that even if they said "water is wet," you'd say "no it isn't, because they're a right-wing mouthpiece!" What a vapid thought process.

When you have the Heritage Foundation showing video of them interviewing people about Obamacare ... do you really think they're going to put PRO-Obamacare faces in that video?

No, I am saying i would not be relying on them to tell me the obvious because they often get it wrong anyway.

The Heritage Foundation is a right-wing think tank. THIS IS WHAT THEY DO. Do you think, if the CAP interviewed 100 media experts on "liberal media bias," and 50 said that it existed, those voices would be heard on their video?

Waaahhhh! I only listen to liberals for my news! Waaahhh!

Waaahhhh! I only listen to liberals for my news! Waaahhh!

I certainly don't listen to think tanks for my news! The fact that you consider this think-tank produced propaganda piece is "news" is quite telling.

I really, really hate Argument By Youtube. That's the quickest way to get me to tune out of a debate.

My favorites are the ones with the computer-generated voices. Like, yeah, arguments are really easy to win when you literally decide what the other side says.

You could spot that guy for a conservative in a New York minute. But as for the substance....ins. premiums go up every year, with or without the ACA. Bill Clinton said that the rise of ins. premiums had lessened dramatically since the passage of the ACA.

It looks to me as if the Republicans are scared that people are going to love the ACA as much as they love Medicare. For all the criticism of Medicare, you won't find a person 65 or over who thinks it should be abolished. It's been a very successful program.

My ins premiums haven't gone up at all. I also got notice of a refund. I don't believe the "my premium has doubled!" stories. They're vague, they don't say what their policy is, who the employer and insurance co. are, etc. Impossible to verify.

Back
Top Bottom