• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obamacare Is the Right’s Worst Nightmare

'Worst nightmare'...nah. Some more eloquent points from the article:
And while a few people will be hurt — young, healthy individuals too affluent to qualify for subsidies, wealthy taxpayers, etc. — a much larger number of people will be helped, some of them enormously.

It seems the young folks are going to hurt! Given the burden of US Debt/SS/Medicare we have saddled them with and NOW PPACA, they should be outraged...

Does this amount to “redistribution”? Well, yes — not as an end in itself, but yes, a lot of people will be made better off at the expense of an affluent few.

PPACA admittedly amounts to 'redistribution'...Weird, how is a program that unarguably exemplifies what the 'right' pontificates about this government action their nightmare? Would seem more like a 'see, I told you so' moment.
Conservatives are right to be hysterical about this: it’s an attack on everything they believe — and it’s going to make Americans’ lives better. What could be worse?

??? I thought Krugman just argued that 'a few people will be hurt' but now 'make Americans’ lives better'...

ObamaCare is EVERYONE's worst nightmare and Krugman is a lunatic
sociopath who sold his objectivity for a shiney nickel.

Those on the Right just have to sit back and watch the fun as the Democrat party marginalizes them selves with repeated failures.

I think the unintended consequences of Obamacare are about as close to the core as they can be. The purpose was to reduce health care costs and make health care available to more people. It seems like the opposite is true. Health care costs haven't even slowed during the process and millions of full time workers are going on part time as a result of the law. That is the problem with Obamacare. It does the opposite of what was intended. I think it will hurt the democrats at the next election.

obamacare has NOTHING to do with health care. It's all about insurance. The train wreck is coming. Krugman will be shown to be an idiot. That will make him a hero to the left.

obamacare in a nutshell, Taco Bell used to have 30 employees working 40 hours a week, now they have 40 employees working 30 hours per week.
Look who’s suddenly screaming foul on Obamacare

Yep mr krugman, those unions sure support the right.

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

Back
Top Bottom